This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

QUOTE (DingoGirl @ Jan 8 2008, 03:37 PM)

Sillies, I have no silly today in me at all........ we just got back from the vet.....the end seems quite near for Stinker......we have her pain meds......the doctor will come HERE to....execute the final act........

So.....I'm trying to decide whether to take a gentle drive to the snow today.....mountains, one last time.......if I harness her in, she could be stable....she used to be quite the Snow Sprite.....adorable, frolicking cross-country skier.

mygawd........now *I* am the bummer............

SUSIE.........I HAD NO IDEA. I'M SO SORRY. CALL IF YOU NEED ME.

HUGS TO YOU AND STINKER.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Everyone!

Can you believe it is 61 degrees out in PA in Jan???? This is nuts! I wore a sweater to work....I guess it is going to be cold again starting tomorrow...but still very odd weather.

elye Community Regular

Good Morninnnng, Sillies...

Well, Gus is being his normal, ridiculous self, prancing about, smiling, causing a big mess at his food bowl, but last night both cats were...different. Must be something in the air that they're sensing, the pet melancholy that we've been discussing. They were both clamboUring to get in my lap, faces in my neck. Bryce is a huge orange tabby, so this is done with absolutely NO grace or dignity...

At bedtime they were both around my head, mewling and kneading my skull...and then Gus is standing there, eyes bright with wonder, tail whipping back and forth, saying, I'm sure, "What? What? What is it?!" Indeed. What was it?... :unsure:

Ho hum. Off to teach....

jerseyangel Proficient

Morning Sillies B)

Yes!--Amanda--it's been downright balmy the last couple of days. It's mild right now, I just heard it will peak in the 60's and go down from there this afternoon. It's raining now--feels like spring :D

Emily--I keep meaning to mention--Gus's teeth :lol: Great pic, and they're looking rather sparkling!

Bev and Judy!!!!! Hi you two :D

Susie--good to hear Stinker is holding her own :)

Lisa-- :lol: I've had "loose vowels" myself, on occasion! :P

Alex--Great list--I love those, too. Sorry you got scared....when you're all alone, stick to sitcoms ;):D

I know Patti, and I am enjoying it! We actually turned the heat down the past few days in the house. I think it was 60 overnight too last night. Comfortable!

jerseyangel Proficient
I know Patti, and I am enjoying it! We actually turned the heat down the past few days in the house. I think it was 60 overnight too last night. Comfortable!

Yeah--it's been pleasant. Allo is at the back door smelling the air :P He loves it when I can open a door or window. I had the heat completely off Monday and yesterday until it got dark. I've got it back off right now. It's just nice to have a break from the cold every so often :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
At bedtime they were both around my head, mewling and kneading my skull...and then Gus is standing there, eyes bright with wonder, tail whipping back and forth, saying, I'm sure, "What? What? What is it?!" Indeed. What was it?... :unsure:

hmmmmm......I think it was either Yeti-related - where IS Yeti, BTW? - or, they were sensing the collective concern over Stinker? Or else - earthquake on its way? :o

Emily--I keep meaning to mention--Gus's teeth :lol: Great pic, and they're looking rather sparkling!

Yes, they are.....they actually look a bit like....dentures. :lol: Emily, has Gus had his teeth bonded?

HI JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well, Stinks is.....I don't know what.......acting like either a curious (but slow-witted), wobbly toddler, or a reeeeeeeeeeeelly old person.......significantly more pain-free, but SO unsteady on her legs, mostly unaware of what's going on, and lying in an awkwardly-crumpled heap....but smiling.......... wagging her tail :huh: hacking and wheezing, consistently....I keep telling her she should just GO, GO INTO THE LIGHT..........but she's not ready...settling up her affairs, I guess.....at least she's not groaning and moaning in pain all the time now......thank God.

much better today, with the Rimadyl........easier on ME, I tell ya.....but I can see this will be drawn out.......

:mellow:

Have I said this already on here? so sorry if I"m repeating myself...not sure..... slightly delirious......have been reporting things to concerned FOS's (friends of Stinker) and can't remember.....uh.....whom I've told what........or......um.......what I"ve told WHOM......

:lol:

:blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
HI JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well, Stinks is.....I don't know what.......acting like either a curious (but slow-witted), wobbly toddler, or a reeeeeeeeeeeelly old person.......significantly more pain-free, but SO unsteady on her legs, mostly unaware of what's going on, and lying in an awkwardly-crumpled heap....but smiling.......... wagging her tail :huh: hacking and wheezing, consistently....I keep telling her she should just GO, GO INTO THE LIGHT..........but she's not ready...settling up her affairs, I guess.....at least she's not groaning and moaning in pain all the time now......thank God.

much better today, with the Rimadyl........easier on ME, I tell ya.....but I can see this will be drawn out.......

:mellow:

Dear Susie.....going to keep the link on to your tickle thread as i wnat to keep up with Stinker. Poor baby. The way you describe her i can't believe the photo she's a beauty for sure.

It's so sweet to hear you tell her it's ok to 'GO INTO THE LIGHT NOW' AH, GOSH. THEN YOU ZIP US WITH...........

SHE'S SETTLING UP HER AFFAIRS.........

I THINK SHE'S WAITING TILL YOUR READY TO LET HER GO..........AND YOU WILL............MAYBE SHE SENSES IT..............IT TOOK ME AWHILE TO FIND THAT TIME WITH 'WITH OUR RUFUS' PRECIOUS ONE.....BUT IT WAS FINALLY OK ..............PRAYERS FOR YOU AND THANKFUL FOR THAT

much better today, with the Rimadyl LET'S KEEP SUSIE MELLOW.

LOVE YOU FRIEND

dlp252 Apprentice

SusieQ!!!! Stinker!!!! :( OmGOSH!!!

Lucky loves when the patio door is open or the bedroom window that faces the tree. I opened the window for a bit on Monday night but it made the house chilly so I closed it...it had only been open a crack. I probably could have gotten away with it last night since it was very warm.

The wind is picking up though....the leaves are flying all over the place here at the hospital. I keep looking out the window when I go over to the copier.

Hi Judy--how have you been? I haven't talked to you in what seems like ages!!! Been to Cape May recently? We are waiting for the weather to break so we can go back to the Finger Lakes. I bet it will be a better trip without John being sick like he was.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
much better today, with the Rimadyl LET'S KEEP SUSIE MELLOW.

LOVE YOU FRIEND

:lol: Judy, you silly, STINKER is on the Rimadyl, not mommy. :lol: and Rimadyl is actually like ibuprofen for dogs - it's an NSAID, so she's not havign any good out-of-body experiences (that I know of)........

I am truly ready to let her go. She's just such a fighter.........strong, strong girl.....pleasantly enjoying herself in her increasingly deaf/blind/dementia-d state......... :blink:

SusieQ!!!! Stinker!!!! :( OmGOSH!!!

Hi Donna........ :) always so good to see you.......stay tuned here for updates on the old girl, and it'll be your responsibility to report to Rachelville when the time comes.....

It appears almost all of our sillies are accounted for today :) I feel like a stranger to this thread these past few days....

happygirl Collaborator

I'm a "random" silly but wanted to pop in to send good wishes to SusieQ and our stinker. xoxo

elye Community Regular

Aren't they? Splendid...and his breath is like the waft from a just-picked rose... :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

Lisa-- :lol: I've had "loose vowels" myself, on occasion! :P

OMG...Where's Tom when you need him? This is such ripe comedic material...

I hate a bout of loose vowels...My "a"s just hang on, I can barely stop them...and the "O"s!! Hell, I can be stuck on a word for a minute...Sitting, waiting for it to finish..."Jack, have you finished your hooooooooooomework?"

hmmmmm......I think it was either Yeti-related - where IS Yeti, BTW? -

Well...wanted to wait till the right time to mention all this, what with Sillies absent and Stinker's crisis. It's incredible. Apparently, the video that was taken the night Yeti astounded everybody between the pipes at DD's game has made its way to some fairly high-up (Double A--NHL farm teams) recruiters. I'm waiting to hear from some California organization about signing him.

Mygawd....this could get very big....

Yes, they are.....they actually look a bit like....dentures. :lol: Emily, has Gus had his teeth bonded?

OMG....I must check. They do look picket-fence perfect. It certainly cost enough to have involved some significant cosmetic proceedures...and he does look--younger, and more attractive...

I am truly ready to let her go. She's just such a fighter.........strong, strong girl.....pleasantly enjoying herself in her increasingly deaf/blind/dementia-d state.........

That's the way my Grandmother finally left for good. Pain-free, in her own world, and eventually, off she went. That's great you've got the NSAID going! :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
It appears almost all of our sillies are accounted for today :) I feel like a stranger to this thread these past few days....

Well, ignore those snarky meanies and your job entirely. MORE SILLY TIME!!!!!

But wait.....where is Janet? :unsure: We've not seen her much in the past couple of days......JANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going on???????????

Nicola? where is Nik?

and Sarah.....still missing......OMG.........

I'm a "random" silly but wanted to pop in to send good wishes to SusieQ and our stinker. xoxo

A random silly is still a silly. :) Always nice to see you, Laura!

Well...wanted to wait till the right time to mention all this, what with Sillies absent and Stinker's crisis. It's incredible. Apparently, the video that was taken the night Yeti astounded everybody between the pipes at DD's game has made its way to some fairly high-up (Double A--NHL farm teams) recruiters. I'm waiting to hear from some California organization about signing him.

*snOOOOOOOOOOOOOrt* (I got stuck on a loose vowel)

Mad Emily is getting funnier.

Gus.......cosmetic dental procedures.....breath like a fresh-picked rose....... gahhhhhh :lol:

My Weasel's breath STILL stinks after her expensive cleaning. :angry: But, she did have her butt glands, um, emptied yesterday :ph34r: ..........good gaaaaaaaaaaaawd..........don't make me remember it. <erase erase ERASE>

That's the way my Grandmother finally left for good. Pain-free, in her own world, and eventually, off she went. That's great you've got the NSAID going! :)

:) Yes, we should all be so lucky........

I am doing my best to ignore....sometimes it is very very hard.....:)

~alex~ Explorer

Can the Yeti come see me for a bit? My guy is gone for a couple of days and I'm lonely and hearing all of the creaks and cracks of our house as I lay awake a night! Tell him I'll cook him lots of nice meals if he helps me take down the Christmas lights from our big pine tree. I'll do my best to show him a good time!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

:lol: oh my good lord...............what a screw up i am. :lol:

Judy, you silly, STINKER is on the Rimadyl, not mommy. and Rimadyl is actually like ibuprofen for dogs - it's an NSAID, so she's not havign any good out-of-body experiences (that I know of)........

I am truly ready to let her go. She's just such a fighter.........strong, strong girl.....pleasantly enjoying herself in her increasingly deaf/blind/dementia-d state.........

poor baby she sounds like me ON A BAD DAY.............. :ph34r:

GUESS I HAVE TO DROP IN HERE MORE OFTEN.

HI LAURA.........MANDA...............I MISS YOU ALL

THERE ARE SO MANY ON HERE I DO NOT KNOW..

YOU ALL KNOW I DON'T HAVE THE 'SENSE OF HUMOR YOU GUYS DO...........MOST IS OVER MY DIMWHITTED HEAD :ph34r: BUT.......................I'LL KEEP READING AND MAYBE IT WILL RUB OFF.

MANDA........HAVE'NT BEEN TO CAPE MAY.......WE WERE TO GO TO A NEW YEARS EVE PARTY THERE AND STAY OVER NITE WITH 5 DRINKING ADULTS AND ONE BATHROOM............ :ph34r: DIDN'T SEEM LIKE A GOOD FIT FOR ME :lol:

SHOULD JIM AND I TRY THE FINGER LAKES LIKE YOU AND JOHN DID?

DID YOU FIND SOME GOOD gluten-free PLACES TO EAT?

HOPE JOHN IS DOING BETTER WHEN YOU TRY IT AGAIN.

HUGS TO ALL

JUDY.........WILL TRY TO GET ON THE 'SILLY BAND WAGON' ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

Judy!!!!! :o

What do you mean you don't have a sense of humoUr??? Well, I happen to know that you are truly funny and have a very fine--I might even say finely honed sense of hunoUr! B)

Don't worry if something goes over your head--if that happens to me, I just move on and wait till it comes to me :lol:

Come and play with us more often :D

Hi Laura :)

elye Community Regular
But wait.....where is Janet? :unsure: We've not seen her much in the past couple of days......JANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going on???????????

Nicola? where is Nik?

and Sarah.....still missing......OMG.........

I know!! And I'm sure it wasn't me this time...However, the psychological damage has been done, and I will now forever feel that it's all due to something I've jabbered on about when someone's missing. :lol: Maybe the Loose Vowel Condition (LVC) is internationally recognised as a chronic disability, and some Sillies who are afflicted found my jesting discriminatory and tasteless...

...anybody ever notice Sarah getting caught on a loose U?..

I need to brain-share...anyone got a sub-compact model available for the remainder of the week? <_<:D

:angry: But, she did have her butt glands, um, emptied yesterday :ph34r: ..........good gaaaaaaaaaaaawd..........don't make me remember it. <erase erase ERASE>

Hey!! I used to be able to squeeze out my female dog's anal glands...got the vet to show me how, and then I didn't have to always take her in when she started scooting. Quite a heinous, but simple proceedure. Susie, I can whip up a demonstrative flowchart for you, if you wish... :o:lol:

Can the Yeti come see me for a bit? My guy is gone for a couple of days and I'm lonely and hearing all of the creaks and cracks of our house as I lay awake a night!

I'm on it...he's coming to you as we speak, Alex, but the California scouts want him back in Anaheim by the weekend...

What do you mean you don't have a sense of humoUr??? Well, I happen to know that you are truly funny and have a very fine--I might even say finely honed sense of hunoUr! B)

Yes, Judy!! Become a regular here! Finely honed senses of humoUr are much celebrated, here!!

tom Contributor
. .. .. At bedtime they were both around my head, mewling and kneading my skull...and

Needing mice cullin' :lol:

Then good thing you have cats!!

Look, I have no idea either why I'd read that homonymically.

It's a gift . . . .. . .. .and a curse.

I hate a bout of loose vowels...My "a"s just hang on, I can barely stop them...and the "O"s!! Hell, I can be stuck on a word for a minute...Sitting, waiting for it to finish..."Jack, have you finished your hooooooooooomework?"

I particularly hate when a perfectly taut Y suddenly slackens .. ... sometimes.

That video is HIM!!!??????????

The scuttlebutt at PetsDoSports.com is that it's just Dominik Hasek on Halloween, but most of the nay-sayers are the same ones who submit video of their furry little quadriped bumping into a ball and claiming it's 'soccer'. Pffft!

I hope Yeti hooks up w/ the Visalia franchise. (I just like saying Visalia) :)

~alex~ Explorer
I'm on it...he's coming to you as we speak, Alex, but the California scouts want him back in Anaheim by the weekend...

I'll send him on his way Friday evening and make sure that he is well rested for those scouts. You can stick him on the train if you want and I'll pick him up at the VIA station if you think he can handle the transfer at Union. We certainly don't want him to be wandering aimlessly around Toronto. Although he may fit right in on Yonge Street!

Darn210 Enthusiast
I am truly ready to let her go. She's just such a fighter.........strong, strong girl.....pleasantly enjoying herself in her increasingly deaf/blind/dementia-d state......... :blink:

It's probably the food . . . she's never been fed so well. I know she had chicken the other day. She's hangin' around for the grub! :)

Lordy, I've been getting ready to post . . . got caught on the phone with a friend for *gasp* 2 1/2 hours and look at all that's been written. Will now have to read . . .

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Good eve my sillies!!!!!!!....(BUSTED!! -OVER EMOTICONIZING!!!!!!!!!!!)

I have been rather absent....apologies...stupid life gettin' in the way of what really matters <_<

Have been to the dentist to be recrowned (it fell off ...too much eating :lol: ) .....visiting a friend in hosp (nothing serious)... joined a (evil & heinous) slimming club and ...ummm.OH YES!!!

...monumental blasted shopping trips all over flippin' suburban London as some of the usual items my coeliacs have have been discontinued at my usual supermarket :angry: (fruitless BTW :angry: )

I like to wake up gently - snooze the alarm a couple of times...but as soon as kitty Will hears the alarm go off he thinks it's his cue to:

Boiing about the bed like an excited Tigger

Crash land on my head repeatedly (OH what FUN!!!). ..and more pawing and kneading of the head resulting in my hair looking like Amy Winehouse by the time I get up (BACKCOMBED!!!)

...no more snoozing <_<

However ...(*snigger*) *I* had the last laugh on kitty Will this morn.

He has a penchant for drinking from the toilet bowl (EWW!!) ...he lost his footing (pawing?) and fell in the bowl

HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol:

NEVER seen a wet cat look so sorry for himself!! ......OH how we laughed :lol:

Yeah--it's been pleasant. Allo is at the back door smelling the air :P He loves it when I can open a door or window. I had the heat completely off Monday and yesterday until it got dark. I've got it back off right now. It's just nice to have a break from the cold every so often

<_< Wish it were as warm here...would save me a fortune in heating bills

Will is desperate to get to the big outside world but it's a no go until the furry peanuts have gone :ph34r::lol:

Awww - Stinker has so many of us rooting for her - silly old gal :)

HUGS TO ALL

Why Judy!!! You're already there my dear!!!!!!

Come in more and be SILLY!!!!!!!!!

.....glad Stinker is comfortable.......and our new member came back!!! Good show!!!!!!!!!

....am starving. ..was horrified/mortified at my 'weigh in' at slimming club <_< ...someone let me bite down on a cHunk of wood or SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Loose vowels :lol:

Sort of got me brain back....but it ain't firing on all cylinders :blink: ...NEVER lending it out again.......

:lol: oh my good lord...............what a screw up i am. :lol:

MANDA........HAVE'NT BEEN TO CAPE MAY.......WE WERE TO GO TO A NEW YEARS EVE PARTY THERE AND STAY OVER NITE WITH 5 DRINKING ADULTS AND ONE BATHROOM............ :ph34r: DIDN'T SEEM LIKE A GOOD FIT FOR ME :lol:

SHOULD JIM AND I TRY THE FINGER LAKES LIKE YOU AND JOHN DID?

DID YOU FIND SOME GOOD gluten-free PLACES TO EAT?

HOPE JOHN IS DOING BETTER WHEN YOU TRY IT AGAIN.

HUGS TO ALL

John is getting better.

The Finger Lakes were wonderful, we were there in the off-season so it was colder but still enjoyed it.

We ate at Tastings, which is run by Wegmans, very celiac friendly. I had the best meal there ever. The other meals we just made in our hotel, it had a kitchen in it. There is also a Wegmans in every direction so I didn't have to cart too much of anything along, I got it all there.

We visited the Charlotte Lighthouse in Rochester, very charming!

I would go if I were you, you'll love it :)

Archived