This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Darn210 Enthusiast
Who's in?

Do they have BevMo stores back east?

No just Bevvy Wevvies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SquatsWifDingos Newbie
Great idea on the brain share (one & the same and all that)

Wondering how Kissey copes with the lone dingo thoughts whilst shampooing carpets though :huh:

^ funny gurl make squatswifkissy laff out lowd

picture this: just as the carpet is drying out from it's cleaning, dingos rolling around on their backs trying desperately to get the smell back in !

SquatsWifDingos Newbie
DEI-VHID!!!!!!!!!!!!

You MUST agree it's your job to get her past this!!!!!

aye aye Mon Capit

elye Community Regular
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

King Ptaum

WHOOOOAAAAA....I left the thread at approximately just before two to finish the laundry (Patti!), thinking that because there was still about thirteen posts to go until Grand Flipover, I'd have a good shot. Clicked back on at 2:07, and you were at the BOTTOM of page 700! Man, no fair......

ALL HAIL KING THOMAS THE.....

Brave?

Good?

Tank Engine?

Thank you thank you thank you all .. . ...except

To the DUNGEON w/ YOU!!!!!!!!

bwaaa-haaa-haa

Okay...think it's Thomas the Tyrant.... :lol::o

Sir, your royal HIGHness, I am NO knave. I am,without a doubt, a WENCH and you will hereto refer to me as such!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...Bev's the wench. I'm a perpetual alehouse slattern... <_<:lol:

Great news! A Sarah Sighting!! Come and bow to our new despot Monarch....!

All this talk of our past musical lives....

Now that we are surfacing, I'll admit it: cannot stand Neil Diamond...

Musical loves of my life;

Godley and Creme

Alan Parsons

Peter Gabriel

Kate Bush

...Any of the ratpack, but in particular the greatest singer our world has ever known, Ol' Blue Eyes... :) ....no, not you, Amanda.... :lol:

tom Contributor
I never knew those bands were big in the US!!!!!

When hubby was a teen he was a 'mod with a Lambretta (anyone seen Quadrophenia??)

80s UK ska was HUUUUUUUUUUGE!!

Quadro is an all-time fav of mine (the double album. Don't recall much of the movie). Recently heard 5:15, Love Reign O'er Me (right after Susie spilled the beans on this David bloke btw) <try club soda on that stain>, The Real Me (another NoSoyBoy awakening theme song) etc etc.

In '96 got to see The Who do ENTIRE Quadro album live. Spec-f*****-tacular

And Nikki's guy WAS a MOD!!!!!!

(Nik?? What's w/ the apostrophe? 'Mod? Mod? Huh? :huh: )

What is the difference anyway? Where does one cross the line from a bad cold to the flu.?

I'd guess the puking.

Hopefully she'll come back but I heard she was thinking about retiring and this may be the deciding factor.

Nooooooooo that'd be such a shame what w/ how great she's been on the gluten-free stuff.

And I've been meaning to ask about your boy re: your sig.

5 1/2 mos into gluten-free - any weed-like growth?

Darn210 Enthusiast
...Any of the ratpack, but in particular the greatest singer our world has ever known, Ol' Blue Eyes... :) ....no, not you, Amanda.... :lol:

How do YOU know???? Have you ever heard Amanda sing??

Darn210 Enthusiast
And I've been meaning to ask about your boy re: your sig.

5 1/2 mos into gluten-free - any weed-like growth?

Nahhhh . . . and believe me, he is counting down the days!!! He got glutened on the same day my daughter did (different thread). She spent the rest of the afternoon spitting up with acid reflux. He didn't notice anything. He's got a GI doc appt next week or the week after <reminder to self, check when the dr. appt is> and then he'll be officially done . . . at least for now.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Oh. Fee Waybill of The Tubes kissed ME on the cheek as I was front-and-center, standing on the table, at a small concert here in town when I was young and hot - decades ago. :lol:

Wait, so many things to reply to Susie but this caught me eye, The Tubes? She's A Beauty, The Tubes? Those Tubes?? I loved that song, btw.

And I'm not sure Kissey would be considered a metal head per se, at least that's not the category I would file the concerts he attended into....Foreigner, Loverboy, Journey, Triumph, Eddie Money, Bryan Adams, Night Ranger, The Police, The Fixx, Madness, Oingo Boingo, and The Thompson Twins..........these bands are a little on the fluffy side and much too tame for HELL :lol::lol:

We do!! Do you ever listen to Virgin Classic Rock? It is this awesome channel out of London.

We used to stream it all the time when I worked down in the lab.

Who knows, one day maybe we will catch a concert together, it would be quite the party!

No, but I need to check it out. Isn't that Richard Branson's, or whatever his name is, company? Virgin?

That would be fun to have a Silly concert outing :lol:

Rick Springfield is singing Jessie's Girl on Oprah right now.....

I just watched it, he looked really GOOD :D

Oprah seemed a little smitten too :lol:

im not twisting her arm to go to this musical! so she is either a closet musical lover or... she really does :wub: me !!!! im hoping its me !

I do think it's you Kissey, and true Dingo love.....BUT I also think she has a small amount of closeted love for musicals deep down inside her and you are just the one to force it out of her :lol::lol:

Nope, not the only one. :lol:

:o Donna and Susie.

Why no love for Neile Diamond?!?!?!

I so thought we were kindred spirits :lol:

Now that we are surfacing, I'll admit it: cannot stand Neil Diamond...

:o:o

But he's THE JAZZ SINGER

:lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

A Silly I just got:

For Lexophiles (Lovers of Words)

A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.

A will is a dead giveaway.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

A backward poet writes inverse.

In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes.

A chicken crossing the road: poultry in motion.

If you don't pay your exorcist you can get repossessed.

With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.

Show me a piano falling down a mine shaft and I'll show you A-flat miner.

When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine was fully recovered.

A grenade fell onto a kitchen floor in France resulted in Linoleum Blownapart.

You are stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.

Local Area Network in Australia : The LAN down under.

He broke into song because he couldn't find the key.

A calendar's days are numbered.

A lot of money is tainted: 'Taint yours, and 'taint mine.

A boiled egg is hard to beat.

He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

A plateau is a high form of flattery.

The short fortuneteller who escaped from prison: a small medium at large.

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.

If you jump off a Paris bridge, you are in Seine.

When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.

Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.

Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.

Acupuncture: a jab well done.

Marathon runners with bad shoes suffer the agony of de feet.

elye Community Regular
But he's THE JAZZ SINGER

NO! NO! A thousand times, NO! He ain't my jazz singer. THE Jazz Singer was Jolson. Period. :)B)

Okay....just an interjection into this fine discussion of musical tastes...it can be ignored, and music talk can continue, but I had an urge to share:

On our way back from Jack's aikido lesson, he suddenly said from the back seat, "Mommy....would you take an offer of a million dollars if in excahnge you had to wear all green clothing, head to toe, for the rest of your life?"

This somehow has kept me occupied cerebrally..... :rolleyes::huh:

Darn210 Enthusiast
On our way back from Jack's aikido lesson, he suddenly said from the back seat, "Mommy....would you take an offer of a million dollars if in excahnge you had to wear all green clothing, head to toe, for the rest of your life?"

:lol::lol:

. . . depends on the shade of green.

WardGirl Rookie

All hail to the new king Tom :)

I hope you're not expecting me to kneel in your presence because I can certainly get down it's the getting up that is the hard part :lol:

elye Community Regular

I hope you're not expecting me to kneel in your presence because I can certainly get down it's the getting up that is the hard part

:lol::lol:

Ah, JacquIe! You're one of the young, limber Sillies! It's 53-year ol' Scooter we have to keep helping up..... :rolleyes::lol:

tom Contributor
:o:o

But he's THE JAZZ SINGER

:o <must . .. ... .show .. . .. . .restraint .. . .. . .>

(There is SUCH a rant going on in me 'ead)

Hilarious!! :lol:

It'd get in the way of my ever being a TV weatherman, but I'd do it!! I like green.

Wait .. . .. .enTIREly green????? Never a touch of another coloUr in a green shirt or whateveh?

(Currently in green Levi's & a sweater w/ some green - that oughta be worth a couple hundred)

The Ripper strikes again!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
I hope you're not expecting me to kneel in your presence because I can certainly get down it's the getting up that is the hard part :lol:

Oh JacquIe, ain't it the truth! :D

tom Contributor
Tank Engine?

:lol:

Thank you, & again thank you all

Goodness no - no kneeling expected here.

But somewhere in SJ/South Bay there's a special woman who .. .ehhh never mind :P:lol:

Yikes so much posting for me lately. I should probably set up the pc again to speed this up. Maybe have more time to try to be productive & out in the world.

elye Community Regular

(There is SUCH a rant going on in me 'ead)

Oh, Great Emperor! Please unshackle thy restraints, and ranteth!....(I'm just a curious minion...wanna know yer spin on WHO is the REAL Jazz Singer)! :rolleyes:

It'd get in the way of my ever being a TV weatherman, but I'd do it!! I like green.

Wait .. . .. .enTIREly green????? Never a touch of another coloUr in a green shirt or whateveh?

(Currently in green Levi's & a sweater w/ some green - that oughta be worth a couple hundred)

I asked for clarification on these points:

-Only green. NO other coloUrs permitted.

-The clothing would be supplied. (Uh, Jack did not specify by WHOM)...... :huh:

Oh JacquIe, ain't it the truth! :D

Do you guys hear lots of cracking and groaning when you get up from a kneel? ...I think I do.... :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient
Do you guys hear lots of cracking and groaning when you get up from a kneel? ...I think I do.... :ph34r:

I have a toe that has been cracking ever since I can remember....my knees also pop a little when I bend down.

~alex~ Explorer

Sounds like you've got a budding philosopher on your hands! I don't think I could do it. It is quite perplexing to ponder. It seems ridiculous that I wouldn't do it but I don't know . . . I just don't think I could. Did Jack have a decision on what he would do?

Mtndog Collaborator
Rick Springfield is singing Jessie's Girl on Oprah right now.....

And I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_< He was a cutie patootie!!!!!!!!

Gawd--I've been freezing all day! Hope your son feels better soon--I've had this since last Thursday or so, and don't really feel much better. Mark had it, and it lasted for a solid week.

Oh no Patti- Get lots o' rest. My visiting nurse just got over the p-monia :(

Tina WITH Ike IS quite the coup!!!!

Walter Fagan on Kid C has the sort of vocal inflections that make Elton's singing special.

"I think the peeeeeeople down the hallllllll know who ya ARE!"

**********Proclamation #1!!!!!!!!!!!!************

Tomorrow .. .no .. . .FRIday shall be First Absinthe-Enlightened Royal Inaugural Event!!!!!!! (aka FAERIE ;):lol: )

Who's in?

Do they have BevMo stores back east?

Oh, oh, oh!!!!!!!! I LOVE Steely dan...the Cuervo Gold, the fine Columbian, make tonight a wonderful thing!

No BevMos....just Mo' Bevs!!!!!!!!!!

No just Bevvy Wevvies.

:lol: :lol:

Okay...Bev's the wench. I'm a perpetual alehouse slattern... <_<:lol:

Great news! A Sarah Sighting!! Come and bow to our new despot Monarch....!

Musical loves of my life;

Godley and Creme

Alan Parsons

Peter Gabriel

Kate Bush

Slattern :D :D :D

OMG- I love ALMOST all the music you guys have mentioned. Kate Bush- what a voice! Her songs "Wuthering Heights" and "Woman's Work " leave me teary eyed!

UHM- hallo...I'm tired and trying REALLY hard here :huh::P Did NO ONE notice that my intro to Squatty (aka Kissy) was a parody of Sympathy for the devil and I posted a VERY FUNNY video! HARUMPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

What an interesting question...I don't honestly know if I could....of course there are different shades of greren, so there would be some variety there.

Green pants, though.....that might be tough. A million dollars is a lot of money....must ponder some more.

tom Contributor
Did NO ONE notice that my intro to Squatty (aka Kissy) was a parody of Sympathy for the devil and I posted a VERY FUNNY video! HARUMPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

What???!!

When?

Where??????????

No shot at the vid for me, but I should be ashamed to miss a Stones' Sympathy allusion!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
UHM- hallo...I'm tired and trying REALLY hard here :huh::P Did NO ONE notice that my intro to Squatty (aka Kissy) was a parody of Sympathy for the devil and I posted a VERY FUNNY video! HARUMPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

You poor thing :(

I musta missed it :ph34r:

happygirl Collaborator

An official hi (and belated!) to SWD.

(PSSSTT-------We love Susie!!!!!!!!!!!)

Green12 Enthusiast
NO! NO! A thousand times, NO! He ain't my jazz singer. THE Jazz Singer was Jolson. Period. :)B)

Really, no need.

You've put me in my place.

I was referring to The Jazz Singer the movie.

Archived