This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star
WHAT ???? <waving goodbye to 'em all without a backward glance ;) >

Of course *I* would be willing silly!! (are you supposed to ask your husband first?? :blink: )

A polite note is sufficient.

"Darling, gone off to the states for a bit. Be back soon. Hugs"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast
.....pantyhose????? :blink: ......GAD!!!!!!!....I prefer to call them tights madam

Then . . .. .what do you call what WE call tights??

Stretchies?

:blink: I dunno :lol:

'Stretchies'??? ..WTH are they??? WHO WEARS them????? :lol::lol:

What ARE what YOU call tights???........leggings maybe??? :unsure:

My head hurts :blink:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Okey dokey then,.......... maybe adding 'don't forget to feed the children'??

Jestgar Rising Star

hmm, up to you. would maybe be a good time for the children to learn to fend for themselves, while you aren't there to put up with all the fussing.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Ohh sillies off to a boring staff meeting....anyone want to take my place?

jerseyangel Proficient

No thanks :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Imagine...posting when you've nothing to say!! I cannot imagine doing this.....

Had to snortle again over this sentence :lol: :lol: yes, imagine indeed!

Susie- please find something to say all my other sillies have abandoned me in the vortex today....

:lol:

OMG....

Okay...this is a GREAT addition to the list of things I must take on our trip tomorrow. Me, outside snowshoeing with a cowbell in my pouch, for any kind of reason...Me, trying to wake up snoozing children for the beckoning ski hill...Me, somewhat inebriated, throwing on loud, pounding dance CDs and needing that final element to make me an unforgettable dancing, party chick....

Oh gawd....first the frantic search for absinthe, and now I must find me a cowbell and thingy to hit it with.....

oh dear gawwwwwwwwd........ :lol:

A mad cowbell-lady drinking a bottle of clouded grOeen......

Well, we lost another newbie . . . must have been Em'd.

Or.......fall on your arse and get a stigmata of someone

Well, the machine came in and the tower is a rich glossy black and it does calculations like you wouldn't believe. So he decided it should be a black goddess. And now we have Nefertiti. And she is amazing.

Had to Google Montalcini and Hypatia......she's a smart one, that wacky Jess. Love Nefertiti.

Did I comment on the Susie's piano tale???....wasn't it fab???? :)

OMG yes!!! ...ok, he's grown the fur a bit - & has clearly been using the straighteners..(gotta look your best in CA you know

OMG - is Yeti still in California? Yes - hair-straightening and teeth-bleaching.....maybe some augmentational surgeries of some kind?

:wub:

I emailed kissey the piano story - he read it whilst on my couch - and cried..... :)

OMG - what I forgot to tell you guys is how much I nagged my poor mother and dying father (bipolar nagging - 'tis a b!tch - lemme tell ya :ph34r: ) about that piano..... :huh: wretched girl........ :lol: but later realized why he kept putting me off - our piano had sold and he was keeping the secret from me.

(Careful .. . ... I believe an exposed peter IS grounds for cancellation of acct)

:ph34r:

Fresno BevMo - checking today for absinthe.

MucoUsorium :lol: Lots and lots of green fluids, absinthetic displays (and samplings) and snomit......

:lol: gahhhhh

Nicola - discussion on tights coming later.........

amanda - take some of the Phaerie into the meeting. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast
Then . . .. .what do you call what WE call tights??

Stretchies?

:blink: I dunno :lol:

'Stretchies'??? ..WTH are they??? WHO WEARS them????? :lol::lol:

What ARE what YOU call tights???........leggings maybe??? :unsure:

My head hurts :blink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Tom of all people in a conversation about nylons, pantyhose, tights, leggings and stretchies(?)

Make sure to post it somewhere that he might come across it . . . closed toiled seat lid, steering wheel of the car, handle of the coffe pot . . .

:lol::lol::lol:

hmm, up to you. would maybe be a good time for the children to learn to fend for themselves, while you aren't there to put up with all the fussing.

:lol::lol::lol:

and a few more :lol::lol::lol: for the cowbell link.

elye Community Regular
Stretchies'??? ..WTH are they??? WHO WEARS them?????

Hell, I dunno....but I think I want some.... :ph34r:

Ya got the brain today, Amanda....you'll be fine.....

Not gonna have absinthe for the weekend. :( Maybe, just maybe, there'll be some over there.....Boy, I'll be finding an internet connection somewhere in those ski hills and letting you guys know if I get my mitts on some o' dat stuff.... :D

Mtndog Collaborator

Hey- I put my pants on one leg at a time just like you. Only difference is, after my pants are on, nobody cares what I say (wait- does that mean if I go pantless you guys may occasionally LISTEN to me?)

Amanda- a surprise trip-SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE trips and surprises....oh wait- could he be arranging a meet-up for Em for cowbellocktails and Absinthian merriment??????? :D:o

Patti! You are a veritable Mucousorium...Take care....

Hey!! I wanna be a verb, too!! Can we Em something?...And what on earth would Emming involve?! Gad..........Never mind....... :lol:

Mucousorium :lol: :lol: Em this baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heehee I hear ya!

I had something TOtally Emmable & imho, unBevvable, but 'twere dingo'd.

Oh, I see how it goes....I'll just be on my way but before I leave, let me all say how guilty you will all feel when I saw something eminently Emmable and you guys aren't around :P !!!!!!!!!

Computer geeks might find this amusing.

Well, the machine came in and the tower is a rich glossy black and it does calculations like you wouldn't believe. So he decided it should be a black goddess. And now we have Nefertiti. And she is amazing.

that is so cool!!!!!!!!!

My blood pressure is down but still don't know about my sodium. I am feeling rather wretched though (pain-OUCH!!!!!!!!). My FIL is a funny guy- wants to take a pic of me with my PICC line hanging out into a can of beer.....or a bottle of Absinthe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
My blood pressure is down but still don't know about my sodium. I am feeling rather wretched though (pain-OUCH!!!!!!!!). My FIL is a funny guy- wants to take a pic of me with my PICC line hanging out into a can of beer.....or a bottle of Absinthe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh please please please do this. This would be a fan-f*ckin-tastic picture to have here with all the docs around.

Drape a cloth over your face (or even better, do one of those black bar things over your eyes) 'cause we have rules about confidentiality here.

And yes, of course we would listen to you more if you were depantsed.

[edit] -but wear pants for the picture, we have those kind of rules as well...

elye Community Regular
Hey- I put my pants on one leg at a time just like you.

You know something.....very often, I put my pants on both legs at the same time....in fact, I think I always do this, providing I'm sitting down--not easy to do standing, I'll assure you. It's faster, and hell, I just don't have time for one leg...then tne other...

Hmmmmm.....the little self-discoveries made whilst fraternizing with other Sillies.... :lol:

Amanda- a surprise trip-SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE trips and surprises....oh wait- could he be arranging a meet-up for Em for cowbellocktails and Absinthian merriment???????

I want you ALL to come!!!!

Called my bro, who's coming here from Toronto after work, and we'll convoy it into Quebec tomorrow. I asked him if he has a cowbell. Not even a pause. He said, "Uh....nope. But my buddy across the street does. I can get it, if you want". No "HUH? COWBELL? WTF?" :lol::lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
You know something.....very often, I put my pants on both legs at the same time....in fact, I think I always do this, providing I'm sitting down--not easy to do standing, I'll assure you. It's faster, and hell, I just don't have time for one leg...then tne other...

Hmmmmm.....the little self-discoveries made whilst fraternizing with other Sillies.... :lol:

I want you ALL to come!!!!

Called my bro, who's coming here from Toronto after work, and we'll convoy it into Quebec tomorrow. I asked him if he has a cowbell. Not even a pause. He said, "Uh....nope. But my buddy across the street does. I can get it, if you want". No "HUH? COWBELL? WTF?" :lol::lol:

Emily, I don't want to imply that you are lying fibbing making things up stretching the truth but I think maybe I would like to see a new av when you get back . . . of you and a cowbell and a cowbell hitting thingy.

elye Community Regular
Emily, I don't want to imply that you are lying fibbing making things up stretching the truth but I think maybe I would like to see a new av when you get back . . . of you and a cowbell and a cowbell hitting thingy.

OMG....

If he brings that cowbell and the thingy, you bet there'll be a new av. I will have to be quite drunk. This is not a problem..... :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Actually, some guy on his street really does have one of 'ese fings, and they are not surrounded by farm pasture. The real question of the day is, who is this guy? Who has a cowbell and thingy, with no cows to go with it?!......

:huh::lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
OMG....

If he brings that cowbell and the thingy, you bet there'll be a new av. I will have to be quite drunk. This is not a problem..... :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Actually, some guy on his street really does have one of 'ese fings, and they are not surrounded by farm pasture. The real question of the day is, who is this guy? Who has a cowbell and thingy, with no cows to go with it?!......

:huh::lol:

Have you been in his house? How do you know he doesn't have any cows? Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are not there. They could be in the basement.

elye Community Regular
Have you been in his house? How do you know he doesn't have any cows? Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are not there. They could be in the basement.

:lol::lol:

'Tis true....and they're awfully quiet creatures, so you wouldn't necessarily hear them.

Hey.....I wonder if there are any cattle up on the Laurentian ski hills? Gawd...I could be so thankful I brought along one of these things... :huh::lol::rolleyes:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have secured the absinthe. Destruction to begin tomorrow night. :ph34r::lol: :lol: :lol: I will also have a fork, sugar cubes, and the requisite ice - to coax the Phaerie out. <er I mean to to coax OUT the phaerie>

:rolleyes:

OMG - I am NOT a wealthy woman - I am impoverished, as a matter of fact :lol: - and I just spent $53 on a bottle of freaking BOOZE................ :blink:

<Ptaum I ptotally blame YOU for this! :lol: >

Hey- I put my pants on one leg at a time just like you. Only difference is, after my pants are on, nobody cares what I say (wait- does that mean if I go pantless you guys may occasionally LISTEN to me?)

you silly nut. :lol:

by the way - I am a bit lost - what does it mean to be Bevved? mighta missed taht one.....

oh please please please do this. This would be a fan-f*ckin-tastic picture to have here with all the docs around.

Drape a cloth over your face (or even better, do one of those black bar things over your eyes) 'cause we have rules about confidentiality here.

:lol: :lol: Yeah, what she said!

Y

this is another one of her bald-faced lies. Em is just a big, fat, mad liar. This canNOT be true. He did NOT say that. He did not act all non-plussed and sh!t when you axed him for a cowbell. He really did not and you Janet well KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! *snorrrrrrrt* :lol::wacko:

exACTly :lol:

OMG....

If he brings that cowbell and the thingy, you bet there'll be a new av. I will have to be quite drunk. This is not a problem.....

dear gawd :lol:

she's right, you know. You had better check. May have to sing a release to get cowbell for the weekend.........and dear gawd, what if some sort of cowbell emergency arises in this man's basement? and you've got the bell and the thingy? what then? :huh:

tom Contributor

Egads another over-emoticizing :(

Soooooooooooooooo

Part A

Well, we lost another newbie . . . must have been Em'd.

There we go!!

Last night, at Poor House Bistro for the band, I was sitting at some woman's table and another stranger took an open chair. I Em'd him tho, and when he went for a drink or to pee, he never came back. :lol::P

Worth a shot, eh?

. . .My FIL is a funny guy- wants to take a pic of me with my PICC line hanging out into a can of beer.....or a bottle of Absinthe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a big :lol: on the av Bev!!!!!

(Hope you're feeling better)

. .. I asked him if he has a cowbell. Not even a pause. He said, "Uh....nope. But my buddy across the street does. I can get it, if you want". No "HUH? COWBELL? WTF?" :lol::lol:

Hehe it's not like he grew up in a different house!!

Who has a cowbell and thingy, with no cows to go with it?!......

All 4 of the drummers we went thru in my last band, for one. (For one? For four? WTH?)

For all we know, his basement's been pasture-ized.

tom Contributor
I have secured the absinthe. Destruction to begin tomorrow night. :ph34r::lol: :lol: :lol:

:ph34r::lol: :lol: :lol:

Roomie was so psyched the phirst time he started as soon as we got home, ~3 or 4pm.

Dingy staving curiousity all night?

How *exCITing* it'll be approaching the cabin for the phirst time!!!!!!!!!

<i'm sensing an extragiddy Dingo!>

(how much more giddy can a giddydingy get if a giddydingy can giddy-up?) :lol:

:lol: a little tweaking could make that a classic tongue-twister :lol:

<Ptaum I ptotally blame credit thank YOU for this! :lol: >

We won't hear until Monday, will we?????

by the way - I am a bit lost - what does it mean to be Bevved? mighta missed taht one.....

Dingo'd that didja?

He did not act all non-plussed and sh!t when you axed him for a cowbell. He really did not and you Janet well KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! *snorrrrrrrt* :lol::wacko:

You DID sample the Phaerie!!!!

<soo-tze said cowbell emergency>

P.S. "Cowbell hitting thingy"??

It's a stick people!!!!!!!!

elye Community Regular
Last night, at Poor House Bistro for the band, I was sitting at some woman's table and another stranger took an open chair. I Em'd him tho, and when he went for a drink or to pee, he never came back.

Wow! I'm a verb! Quite extraordinary. I must remember to inform my kids of this, as I will want it mentioned in my eulogy. :huh::rolleyes:

Too many unbelievable things happen in my life.

All 4 of the drummers we went thru in my last band, for one. (For one? For four? WTH?)

Hey! My bro's neighboUr could be one of these drummers. He's apparently got the cowbell. Wait....my brother's the drummer...he's allergic to most livestock....

What does it all mean?!......... :huh::lol:

AHH! :lol::lol: Superb, Ptaum.....

P.S. "Cowbell hitting thingy"??

It's a stick people!!!!!!!!

Women tend to say such things....curious....

Like, "hand me that thingy-bing over there, willya?" :lol::rolleyes:

Mtndog Collaborator

Oh my Silly, silly sillies- my sodium is back up so no hospital for me .Yay although I was rather looking forward to Dr McDreamy adminstering pain meds :P Feeling wretched last two days- body is one big OUCH!!!!!!!!

To be bev'd means to be SKIMMED over and ignored- harumph!!! <_<:angry: Even when you are trying to be scintillatingly funny.

And yes, of course we would listen to you more if you were depantsed.

[edit] -but wear pants for the picture, we have those kind of rules as well...

:lol: times 10

MOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

And whilst you are posting pantsless, it will say MtndogHubbaHubba.

SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have secured the absinthe. Destruction to begin tomorrow night. :ph34r::lol: :lol: :lol: I will also have a fork, sugar cubes, and the requisite ice - to coax the Phaerie out. <er I mean to to coax OUT the phaerie>

Eagerly awaiting a new av from Susie of someone curled up on the floor of the bathroom (with the seat down on the toilet).

Like, "hand me that thingy-bing over there, willya?" :lol::rolleyes:

Quite true . . . we are all too busy to remember what the real name of the object is. I personally like the term Hoozy Whatzit . . .not sure about that spelling tho'. :huh:

Oh my Silly, silly sillies- my sodium is back up so no hospital for me .Yay although I was rather looking forward to Dr McDreamy adminstering pain meds :P Feeling wretched last two days- body is one big OUCH!!!!!!!!

YaY Bev!!!

What else did you say in that post? . . . I don't recall . . . must have Bev'd it.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
To be bev'd means to be SKIMMED over and ignored- harumph!!! <_<:angry: Even when you are trying to be scintillatingly funny.

:o why you silly, saucy minx, I would nevah - WE would nevah - skim over and ignore you. :huh: You're even the phunniest, maddest one WITH YER LYME BRAIN and no sodium in your body!!!!!!!!!!

<glad the sodium's normal! so sad no McDreamy!!!!>

Eagerly awaiting a new av from Susie of someone curled up on the floor of the bathroom (with the seat down on the toilet).

Well now, this is a challenge....there IS no bathroom in these cabins....only an outhouse. I do NOT plan to lie on the floor of an outhouse, though one certainly never knows, does one? :lol:

There is a main cabin, two smaller sleeping cabins, a cook shed, an adobe pit cooking area, and an outhouse on 60 acres tucked well away into the mountains..... :wub: I am out of my mind. Oh, no electricity, either. It's a bit like camping, only all the equipment is there.

I was a bit worried about how we'd have our ice for the Phaerie, but we will have ice chests. ;)

PTAUM!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG - there is a slight chance we'll be staying the night in Willow Glen, leaving Sat. morning (not too early)........ Um, we MIGHT be able to meet you for the QUICKEST (like, 10 minutes?) cup of wah-hock-in at your coffee obsession place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

don't etch it in stone - we will see how things play out but I'll call/email if this is a possibility.......

OMG! I have a night off from Kissey and MUST be productive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

um, are you guys SO SICK of me yet, adn my kissiness??????????? :ph34r::lol:

<don't answer that>

HI SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

tom (HubbaHubba) Newbie
And whilst you are posting pantsless, it will say MtndogHubbaHubba.

Oooooh now yer speakin' mah LANGuage!!!!!!!

tom Contributor

Wow! I'm a verb!

Eureka!!!

Too many unbelievable things happen in my life. posts .. . ..

:P

To be bev'd means to be SKIMMED over and ignored- harumph!!! <_<:angry: Even when you are trying to be ARE scintillatingly funny.

I can't say I know how this relates to the should've-just-used-a-smaller-glass glass half-empty/half-full scenario, but I'd call the toilet in question 'LID UP', rather than 'seat down'.

:o why you silly, saucy minx, I would nevah - WE would nevah - skim over and ignore you. :huh:

Ah but we ARE all guilty of this egregious offense, as accused. :(

'Twere but a week hence. :huh:

The 'Sympathy for the Devil' prose AND a, so I've heard, hi-f******-larious video about a maid or nanny.

Well now, this is a challenge....there IS no bathroom in these cabins....only an outhouse. I do NOT plan to lie on the floor of an outhouse, though one certainly never knows, does one? :lol:

No one PLAAAAAAAAANS these things. Pffft :rolleyes:

(And btw .. . .. I took Janet's comment to be w/ our Dingo on the OTHER side of the camera)

. .. . tucked well away into the mountains..... :wub: I am out of my mind. Oh, no electricity, either. It's a bit like camping, only all the equipment is there.

Grandparents' cottage on Lake Michigan had an outhouse. As a little kid it was SO scary to go at night!

Sounds fan-*******-TAS-tic!!!!!!

PTAUM!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG - there is a slight chance we'll be staying the night in Willow Glen, leaving Sat. morning (not too early)........ Um, we MIGHT be able to meet you for the QUICKEST (like, 10 minutes?) cup of wah-hock-in at your coffee obsession place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

don't etch it in stone - we will see how things play out but I'll call/email if this is a possibility.......

Hehehehehehhe it'll be phun, whether this time, next time or just sometime. :lol:

:D wah-HOCK-in!! Mmmmmmmm

Sometimes they <gasp> don't continue making my fav all day. I hate when that happens.

There's a chance (again) I'm going to Reno, but I say that more than I do it.

Archived