This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

Mornin' guys!

Hey, Sarah was lurking last night, but no appearance...SARAHHHHH....

Please visit, and we will make a verb out of you. ;)

:o why you silly, saucy minx, I would nevah - WE would nevah - skim over and ignore you. :huh: You're even the phunniest, maddest one WITH YER LYME BRAIN and no sodium in your body!!!!!!!!!!

I second this...How you can remain so amusing, Bev, while feeling so sh!tty, is remarkable. Madame Silliest!....

There is a main cabin, two smaller sleeping cabins, a cook shed, an adobe pit cooking area, and an outhouse on 60 acres tucked well away into the mountains.....

Susie!! It truly does sound tranquil and magnificent... :):)

OMG!!! You MUST meet up with Ptaum! Now that will be an av-worthy moment...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Awww Sillies Friday at last!!!!!

My gawd, I don't think I even popped in last night, too worn out from that staff meeting, I am running on information overload.....need vacation need vacation!

So how are my sillies this morning?

We are pushing clocks ahead this weekend...Spring here we Come!!!!

I was married the weekend we turned the clocks back, strange huh?

Darn210 Enthusiast
No one PLAAAAAAAAANS these things. Pffft :rolleyes:

(And btw .. . .. I took Janet's comment to be w/ our Dingo on the OTHER side of the camera)

I don't care who it is. . . :lol::lol:

Grandparents' cottage on Lake Michigan had an outhouse. As a little kid it was SO scary to go at night!

Great grandma's house didn't have an indoor bathroom until the 70's sometime. (Outhouse had wasp nests which is what creeped me out!!) She fell taking her garbage out (she was still living by herself and she was in her 90's) and broke her hip. While she was in the hospital, her children had a bathroom installed . . . toilet and shower. Grandma was pi$$ed . . . said they ruined her house.

Mornin' guys!

Hey, Sarah was lurking last night, but no appearance...SARAHHHHH....

Please visit, and we will make a verb out of you. ;)

She is well on her way to being defined as "lurking and not posting" . . . I just saw a newbie but he Sarah'd.

so as the battle for space heats up in our office, my cubie mate has come up with a great space saving idea which will get us into a small office, but an office nevertheless, we will have a door! It is a very good idea :):) Keep your fingers crossed as we have our room battle!

psawyer Proficient

Good Friday morning, all.

Well, I don't need to worry about my name being turned into a verb. That happened long ago. But it seems to have limited scope. I mean, the supply of something can weaken or disappear as it peters out. But I have never heard of anything petering in. :angry:

More snow is coming this afternoon and through tomorrow, but the total amount predicted seems to be getting less as the storm gets closer. Still, eight inches is a lot added to what is already on the ground.

With the winter we had so far, my husband would go nuts to get just 8 inches of snow here.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I don't care who it is. . . :lol:

She is well on her way to being defined as "lurking and not posting" . . . I just saw a newbie but he Sarah'd.

OMG - the av photo - - okay - so we'll just give any old curmudgeon we find in the hills some o' the phaerie - take HIS photo in the outhouse (i've been informed that the outhouse is completely fetid and rank and so will NEVER be going hear it - pooping and peeing freely in the wilderness, thank you.... :blink: )

your great grandma's bathroom - ruined the house :lol: Nutty!

MORNING SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amanda - a closed door, you say? MORE TIME FOR SILLYVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning Peter :)

How's our Patti today?

OMG - DingoBrain has SOOOOOOOOO much to do today to be ready to leave by 3. Gads.....I'm such a disorganized mess when faced with these things......can someone send Yeti over along w/ Patti's closet organizing lady? I'm sure she can help................. :huh:

okay all - I got permission to copy and paste Sarah's response to me - here it is:

Hey, lady biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm ok, it's just been kind of a hellacious month. The kids and I have all been pretty sick, one thing after another all overlapping. Then I got badly glutened by some generic sinus medicine... like the debilitating, vomitting-like-Linda-Blair type. It actually shocked me, that it got me so bad.

The kids have been cranky and tired... Plus, my husband works like 14 hours a day, then comes home and works on the computer for a couple more hours, sooo...

Every once in awhile I've found myself slumped on the couch, staring at my train wreck of a house, thinking "Will it ever end???"

We're all slowly, but surely getting better now. This has actually been the 1st time Luke's gotten sick since last spring. I think that going gluten-free really helped boost his immune system over the summer. I'm hoping that's what it does for Ezra this summer.

But now that we're getting better, I've been catching up on household stuff, paperwork, phone calls, errands... all that crap I procrastinate with even under the best of conditions! laugh.gif Which reminds me, I have to make an appointment for Ezra's kindergarten screening! ohmy.gif Already...

But yeah, if you could update the sillies for me, that'd be great. I've been missing you all like crazy! And thanks for your email! Mine's ridgewalker@wavingalien.com

Love and hugs,

Sarah

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

:lol: Yep...sounds good. Her name verbalizes very well....I've Sarahed a few times today, as I've been too busy to post...

so as the battle for space heats up in our office, my cubie mate has come up with a great space saving idea which will get us into a small office, but an office nevertheless.

Good one, Amanda! Cubicles are yucky.

More snow is coming this afternoon and through tomorrow, but the total amount predicted seems to be getting less as the storm gets closer. Still, eight inches is a lot added to what is already on the ground.

We're getting about 40 centimetres in the Ottawa valley--15 inches. :huh::wacko::wacko:

Ah, well....great skiing ahead! (If we can get through to the hill!)....

Jestgar Rising Star

she's right, you know. You had better check. May have to sing a release to get cowbell for the weekend.........and dear gawd, what if some sort of cowbell emergency arises in this man's basement? and you've got the bell and the thingy? what then? :huh:

???? I thought you hated musicals!

We need to be more inventive on this thread, right now the newbies are only petering in; we need to aim for a tidal wave.

jerseyangel Proficient

Susie,

Thanks for the update on Sarah. Poor thing--I knew she was ill, but didn't realize how heinous it all had gotten for them. Glad to hear things are finally turning around.

BTW, Missy, I loved your piano story! :D So very touching--yes, I do believe you are a woman who knows when something (or someone) is "right". ;)

I need to get my sillie back....I wanna play with all of you, but still so tired :D I'm here reading, though, chortling and chuckling :P Bah--I'm boring myself now :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh, I forgot--I wanna be a verb, too :unsure::PB)

amanda - a closed door, you say? MORE TIME FOR SILLYVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know exciting!!! And our way of feeling somewhat accomplished!

:Good one, Amanda! Cubicles are yucky.

Ours aren't too bad since it is just me and her in our own little area but we sit next to our makeshift kitchen, and we have the fax distraction and people walking in and out. If all works out the change will take place next week or so. We have a new nurse starting the 18th and at the moment no where for her to sit so this change will be happening real soon!

How are you Patti? Flu still kicking your butt?

Sarah how are you!!!!!

Emily I will go skiing with you!!! I love fresh snow too, got room for me in your home?

Jestgar Rising Star

That last post - she was so calm and undemanding and the she came out with this totally hilarious phrase that I wasn't expecting!! She totally Patti'd me!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

GAD - everyone's going away this weekend.....except moi of course.......

:lol: BUT HEY!!!! EXCELLENT plan, I have signed up for Airmiles (I will gain miles through grocery shopping at Tesco AND ebay)

OMGAWD!!!! EBAY??? TESCO????? Loads of points miles.

Yep, don't book the wedding just yet Susie!!! :lol: .......should have enough points to get a (one way :lol: ) ticket to somewhere in the Americas in around 2010 :lol::lol:

Glad our former Queen Sarah is still alive :) .....gawd, I remember how tough life can be when the kids are little :rolleyes: {{{hugs}}} to Sarah

Great grandma's house didn't have an indoor bathroom until the 70's sometime. (Outhouse had wasp nests which is what creeped me out!!) She fell taking her garbage out (she was still living by herself and she was in her 90's) and broke her hip. While she was in the hospital, her children had a bathroom installed . . . toilet and shower. Grandma was pi$$ed . . . said they ruined her house.

Well now, I grew up in a Victorian house (Mum + Dad still there)......they didn't build them with bathrooms :rolleyes: and the loo was outside.....gosh!, it were like a Dickensian childhood ;)

When I was about 10 yrs old we had a shower fitted in my brother's bedroom :rolleyes: (t'was a strip wash in the kitchen before the shower OR a trip to my Nan's house who actually had a bathroom)

...and finally a year ago my Dad finally agreed to have a toilet fitted indoors as my Mum threatened him that if she trod on one more slug/snail/hedgehog in the pitch black darkness she would have another heart attack!!!!! :lol: (my Dad = resistant to change)

Well, I don't need to worry about my name being turned into a verb. That happened long ago. But it seems to have limited scope. I mean, the supply of something can weaken or disappear as it peters out. But I have never heard of anything petering in. :angry:

Oh for Pete's sake!!....not MORE snow?!?!

Susie, Kissey AND any old curmudgeon they find in the hills some o' the phaerie :lol: .......MUST see that photo!!!!!! :lol:

Right......off to Ebay.....spend some money earn some airmiles :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
That last post - she was so calm and undemanding and the she came out with this totally hilarious phrase that I wasn't expecting!! She totally Patti'd me!

Jestgar!!! :wub: You did it--I'm a verb! :D

jerseyangel Proficient
GAD - everyone's going away this weekend.....except moi of course.......

And moi :lol:

Nikki--I can't believe your parents didn't have an inside toilet till last year :o The only time I've ever used an outhouse was at Girl Scout camp--that was enough to last me the rest of my life :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I need to get my sillie back....I wanna play with all of you, but still so tired :D I'm here reading, though, chortling and chuckling :P Bah--I'm boring myself now :lol:

NEVER boring Patti ;)

Yes, HEINOUS phlugh sucking ALL your energies :angry: ......(Terry very tired - but able to chortle occasionally)

BTW Patti - I note in your av you have wooden slats for your window blind (as do I) and as you are such a neatnik I wondered what's your secret to cleaning them???

Good Lord!!! //they are EEEeeeevil dust magnets and I have decided A MAN must have designed them as cleaning them is WHAT THEY MAKE YOU DO IN HELL!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Yes! Yes! I was thinking along these lines before I got to your post.

Ahhhhh, all these "inside" terms, we'll just have Sarah's and Emily won't get a chance to Em them.

jerseyangel Proficient
BTW Patti - I note in your av you have wooden slats for your window blind (as do I) and as you are such a neatnik I wondered what's your secret to cleaning them???

Good Lord!!! //they are EEEeeeevil dust magnets and I have decided A MAN must have designed them as cleaning them is WHAT THEY MAKE YOU DO IN HELL!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

They really are dust magnets <_< ....I love the way they look--but cleaning them is a darn (sorry Janet) chore. I quickly vaccum with the attachment, and then go over them with a Pledge Dust/Allergen dry dust cloth once in a while. I love those cloths--do you have those in England?--no polish or anything is needed -- the dust just sticks to them.

Yes! Yes! I was thinking along these lines before I got to your post.

Ahhhhh, all these "inside" terms, we'll just have Sarah's and Emily won't get a chance to Em them.

:lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

Hello all you glamorous, jetsetting sillies- Absinthian destruction may occur in 2 states (California and Nevada) and one Canadian province this weekend and God knows what will happen on the other side of the pond with Frisky Nikki!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in for a boring one here!

Thank you for the update on Que Sarah Sarah- she's been really taking it in the pants this winter :(

Oh...before I bev myself, Kurt found a VERY funny website. Here's Open Original Shared Link

Has anyone seen Julie (besides in my avatar with Gene Simmons)?

I mean, the supply of something can weaken or disappear as it peters out. But I have never heard of anything petering in. :angry:

Well, I think my brain is petering back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Oh, I forgot--I wanna be a verb, too :unsure::PB)

Well, now we can't ALL be verbs can we? We do need other parts of speech to have a language here. :P Although I do think Patti'd (taken by surprise, caught off guard by a funny comment) is excellent!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
Oh...before I bev myself, Kurt found a VERY funny website. Here's Open Original Shared Link

Loved those! :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

:lol::lol::lol:

Laughed so hard I cried!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

well I am frantically packing in hopes of leaving quite soon......gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Bevvy, Absinthian Destruction in two countries and a few states....... ;)

haven't looked at the baby site yet.....no time..........

the evil dust magnets blinds - HEINOUS! :angry:

Patti'd - our new verb :lol:

what else???????????????????????????????????????

Em in the Laurentians - mygawd, that is just one of those words that sounds SOOOOOO exotic and romantic - another one I've always loved: Northwest Territories.......and Nova Scotia..... (all curiously in Canada, you'll note).........

Well dear ones - I'll be back Sunday............ PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE don't write a novella for my return! keep yer damn words short and terse for PETE'S sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

wub you sillies!!!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
Well dear ones - I'll be back Sunday............

Have a fabulous time! :D

~alex~ Explorer
Open Original Shared Link

That was great! It just kept getting funnier!

Em in the Laurentians - mygawd, that is just one of those words that sounds SOOOOOO exotic and romantic - another one I've always loved: Northwest Territories.......and Nova Scotia..... (all curiously in Canada, you'll note).........

I don't know why but this made me laugh! I've never thought of Nova Scotia as sounding exotic :lol:. It is very nice though except some places have a very strong fish stench.

You may have all seen this before (maybe someone's already posted it here) but my dad sent it to me and I thought it was totally amazing: Open Original Shared Link

Another not so good night sleep last night (only got about three hours :angry:) . I think I may start losing my mind from lack of sleep. Saw my doc today for an unrelated reason and told her about the sleep problem. Apparently I have a bit of a fever and have lost some weight so she decided to do a thyroid test to make sure its not too high since that could cause the fever/weight loss/insomnia. I think the weight loss is just from the virus I had a few weeks a go but the fever and insomnia I'm not sure. We shall see. Hopefully it clears up on its own. I got some Gravol for tonight so hopefully that will help!

I hope everyone has fun on their trips!!! :D

Archived