This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Alex--

That sidewalk art is incredible! I hadn't seen it before, so thanks for reposting :D

Sorry you have been having trouble sleeping. Hopefully, if it is the lingering virus, it will completely clear soon. I know that feeling of "if I could just get a good night's sleep...." :(

Take care :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator

Ptaum- I SEE you!!!!!!

SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Em in the Laurentians - mygawd, that is just one of those words that sounds SOOOOOO exotic and romantic - another one I've always loved: Northwest Territories.......and Nova Scotia..... (all curiously in Canada, you'll note).........

Well dear ones - I'll be back Sunday............ PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE don't write a novella for my return! keep yer damn words short and terse for PETE'S sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it sounds exotic too but absinthe and mountains sound pretty darn good!!!!! I hope you have a fabulous time!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why but this made me laugh! I've never thought of Nova Scotia as sounding exotic :lol:. It is very nice though except some places have a very strong fish stench.

Another not so good night sleep last night (only got about three hours :angry:) . I think I may start losing my mind from lack of sleep. Saw my doc today for an unrelated reason and told her about the sleep problem. Apparently I have a bit of a fever and have lost some weight so she decided to do a thyroid test to make sure its not too high since that could cause the fever/weight loss/insomnia. I think the weight loss is just from the virus I had a few weeks a go but the fever and insomnia I'm not sure. We shall see. Hopefully it clears up on its own. I got some Gravol for tonight so hopefully that will help!

I hope everyone has fun on their trips!!! :D

Oh Alex- I love Canada and think it is exotic- I would love to go to Newfoundland and Churchill to see the polar bears. Vancouver- I want to live there!!!!!

I hope you get some answers about your insomnia. It stinks! Last spring I would be wide awake from 2 am to 5 am and then pass out at like 6. It really is hideous. :( My thyroid was running low and I started taking a thyroid med. Between that and treating the Lyme I'm sleeping much better.

Jestgar Rising Star
Oh Alex- I love Canada and think it is exotic-

:huh:

:lol::lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor
OMG - a scary thought. what if.....what if Sarah just.....came to her senses maybe and.....got tired of us?

Never.

jerseyangel Proficient
Never.

Well, there you are! :D

I was glad to hear that things are finally turning around for you all. This has been a horrible year for viruses and the flu--it seems everyone I talk to has had or is fighting it. :angry:

It will probably be a quiet weekend around here--several Sillies are traveling.

Darn210 Enthusiast
Never.

YaY!!! Sarah!!! Good to hear from you!!

Well, there you are! :D

I was glad to hear that things are finally turning around for you all. This has been a horrible year for viruses and the flu--it seems everyone I talk to has had or is fighting it. :angry:

It will probably be a quiet weekend around here--several Sillies are traveling.

Well, that'll give Sarah a chance to catch up . . . she's quoting from mid-Feb . . . she's got a ways to go.

Yes, it has been a rather sickly Winter. I'm ready for Spring and open up the windows and get rid of these little buggers (that's germs, not kids . . . well, on second thought).

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm ready for Spring and open up the windows and get rid of these little buggers (that's germs, not kids . . . well, on second thought).

I was able to do that for a little bit yesterday--it was in the low 50's but sunny.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor

Gah! Wish I'd been posting all day but didn't have much time.

Used to post during errands last summer in Phx, so I can only figure their stoplights are longer.

OH!!!!!! I found THIS somewhat amusing.

Roomie got back from wherever last night, and the FIRST thing he says to me is that he didn't even have a beer during the whole trip.

I'm feeling only ~50% so it looks like no Reno for me, but our 3 Sillies who ARE vacating respective homesteads must be excited!!

Amanda? Do you head out tonight or tomorrow or is THAT a surprise too?

Never.

:) :)

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm feeling only ~50% so it looks like no Reno for me

Sorry :(

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

sillies!!

I am going to FL in June for a conference :):) We are going to Hollywood FL. We are staying in the Westin-Diplomat...you guys should go google it, very fancy!

jerseyangel Proficient
sillies!!

I am going to FL in June for a conference :):) We are going to Hollywood FL. We are staying in the Westin-Diplomat...you guys should go google it, very fancy!

Wow--that sounds great! First the new office and now travel to a swanky hotel. I'm excited for you :)

Are you still going away this weekend too?

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Wow--that sounds great! First the new office and now travel to a swanky hotel. I'm excited for you :)

Are you still going away this weekend too?

We were going to head to Atlantic City but with the ugly weather we were reconsidering and then my downstairs neighbor asked if we could watch Landen tomorrow night into Sunday since she has to work and her regular sitter back out at last minute. Jen works as a nurse at my hospital, but 3rd shift. So we would have him from 6-8am. He is adorable.

jerseyangel Proficient
We were going to head to Atlantic City but with the ugly weather we were reconsidering and then my downstairs neighbor asked if we could watch Landen tomorrow night into Sunday since she has to work and her regular sitter back out at last minute. Jen works as a nurse at my hospital, but 3rd shift. So we would have him from 6-8am. He is adorable.

Yeah--it's supposed to be pretty nasty out there. It'll be more fun down the shore when it's warmer anyway. Have fun with the baby :D

tom Contributor

!!!!More than allowed blocks of text??!!!!!

Oh b@#$%$#% on THAT!!!!!!

Part One

OMG - the av photo - - okay - so we'll just give any old curmudgeon we find in the hills some o' the phaerie - take HIS photo in the outhouse

"Curmudgeon In My Outhouse" sounds like a sawwwwwwwwww-ong

We're getting about 40 centimetres in the Ottawa valley--15 inches. :huh::wacko::wacko:

Ah, well....great skiing ahead! (If we can get through to the hill!)....

You'll get there!!!!!!

15 new inches is AWEsome!

???? I thought you hated musicals!

:lol:

:lol: BUT HEY!!!! EXCELLENT plan, I have signed up for Airmiles (I will gain miles through grocery shopping at Tesco AND ebay)

Oooooo YEAH!!!!

Ahhhhh, all these "inside" terms, we'll just have Sarah's and Emily won't get a chance to Em them.

:lol: :lol:

Oh...before I bev myself, Kurt found a VERY funny website. Here's Open Original Shared Link

OMG :lol: !!!!

Has anyone seen Julie (besides in my avatar with Gene Simmons)?

Just on OMG lately.

What an av tho!!!! :lol:

Em in the Laurentians - mygawd, that is just one of those words that sounds SOOOOOO exotic and romantic - another one I've always loved: Northwest Territories.......and Nova Scotia..... (all curiously in Canada, you'll note).........

I'm w/ ya on Laurentians but the others feel downright Duvallian.

<you CRAzy!>

tom Contributor
Well dear ones - I'll be back Sunday............ PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE don't write a novella for my return! keep yer damn words short and terse for PETE'S sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh you'd think she won the Royalty Sweepstakes, but . .. . it IS bound to be a light wkend w/out Em, Amanda and Suzee.

You may have all seen this before (maybe someone's already posted it here) but my dad sent it to me and I thought it was totally amazing: Open Original Shared Link

W:oW!!! Spectacular!!!!

Ptaum- I SEE you!!!!!!

heyyyyyyyyyy .. .. .I think this was while I was trying to catch up while walking over to shoot hoops. Didn't mean to get into a game but did and <grrrrr> kinda hurt my knee. Not bad tho.

I think it sounds exotic too but absinthe and mountains sound pretty darn good!!!!!

Ohhhhhh yeah :D, tho I might prefer a Parisian sidewalk caf

tom Contributor
sillies!!

Oooh La LA!!

But when's califorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnyah?!!!!!!!!

<it better not just be L.A.!>

San Diego would be nice, but no Sillies down there.

We want BAY AREA!!!!!!!!

Ehhhhhhhh Amanda . ..ugly weather ... .DRAT!!

jerseyangel Proficient
Sheesh you'd think she won the Royalty Sweepstakes, but . .. . it IS bound to be a light wkend w/out Em, Amanda and Suzee.

Amanda will be here--we'll all just have to hold down the fort :D

Darn210 Enthusiast

What have I done??!!?? . . . :ph34r::ph34r:

Lord help me . . . do any of you recall me saying that my favoUrite candy is good English toffee???

Big fund raiser at the school tomorrow which includes a big bake sale. The last couple of years I've taken me fancily decorated sugar cookies. I decided I didn't want to waste my expensive gluten-free flour on them this year and I don't bake with wheat flour anymore. So I decided to make . . . English toffee . . . :ph34r::ph34r:

I've never made it before. Figgered I'd botch the whole thing and write it all off as "Well, I tried."

It turned out fabulous. I'm nauseous from all of the sampling. The majority of it will go out the door tomorrow but now I am filled with the knowledge that I can make 2 pound batches of this stuff at the drop of a hat. That's not a good thing.

Darn210 Enthusiast
!!!!More than allowed blocks of text??!!!!!

Oh b@#$%$#% on THAT!!!!!!

Wow . . . never heard of that one.

Do you get the feeling that Scott is trying to shut us down? Shorten the leash? Get us under control?

Or are we (and by we, I mean ptaum :lol: ) just more verbose now?

tom Contributor
It turned out fabulous. I'm nauseous from all of the sampling.

!!!! :lol: !!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
It turned out fabulous. I'm nauseous from all of the sampling. The majority of it will go out the door tomorrow but now I am filled with the knowledge that I can make 2 pound batches of this stuff at the drop of a hat. That's not a good thing.

OMG--that sounds so good! :D

Darn210 Enthusiast
...and finally a year ago my Dad finally agreed to have a toilet fitted indoors as my Mum threatened him that if she trod on one more slug/snail/hedgehog in the pitch black darkness she would have another heart attack!!!!! :lol: (my Dad = resistant to change)

Wow . . . :lol:

Yes, I've always said . . . Change is bad, very very bad.

NEVER boring Patti ;)

BTW Patti - I note in your av you have wooden slats for your window blind (as do I) and as you are such a neatnik I wondered what's your secret to cleaning them???

Good Lord!!! //they are EEEeeeevil dust magnets and I have decided A MAN must have designed them as cleaning them is WHAT THEY MAKE YOU DO IN HELL!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Here's an idea . . . take them down and burn them in your fireplace. That'll get rid of all the dust. Then just hang sheets in front of your windows for privacy. . . preferably a bold floral pattern with loud coloUrs.

jerseyangel Proficient
Then just hang sheets in front of your windows for privacy. . . preferably a bold floral pattern with loud coloUrs.

:lol: Classy :lol:

tom Contributor
Or are we (and by we, I mean ptaum :lol: ) just more verbose now?

Oh it was entirely a product of my not posting all day and trying to reply ALL AT ONCE!!!!!

Which, of course, is nowhere NEAR as fun as playin' w/ the sillies all the live-long day!!

jerseyangel Proficient
Which, of course, is nowhere NEAR as fun as playin' w/ the sillies all the live-long day!!

or workin' on the railroad :P

Archived