This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Darn210 Enthusiast

One more silly before I head off to bed . . .

A dog is truly a man's best friend.

If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
psawyer Proficient
Never.

:)

The snow has started here, but is not expected to be heavy until midday Saturday. That means that we should have an easy ride in in the morning, but coming home could be problematic. :angry:

Susie and Em are off on adventures this weekend. For us, it is business as usual. The snow will be a problem, since we are already out of places to pile it.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
It turned out fabulous. I'm nauseous from all of the sampling. The majority of it will go out the door tomorrow but now I am filled with the knowledge that I can make 2 pound batches of this stuff at the drop of a hat. That's not a good thing.

English toffee?? :huh:

I always thought toffee is toffee....where ever

...but Janet...please....stop being coy!....it's no good hiding your light under a bushel!!

You ARE in fact a DOMESTIC GODDESS aren't you??? :lol::lol:

(send English toffee TO England toot sweet!!)

Here's an idea . . . take them down and burn them in your fireplace. That'll get rid of all the dust. Then just hang sheets in front of your windows for privacy. . . preferably a bold floral pattern with loud coloUrs.

You see???....Domestic Goddess

Yep, your idea WILL indeed solve my blind dilemma, I have some (classy) sheets that are perfect...and wait :unsure: .....YES!! ......I think I have an old mattress AND some tYres to put out the front to 'add' to the look

A dog is truly a man's best friend.

If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?

:lol::lol::lol:

The snow will be a problem, since we are already out of places to pile it.

Good Lord!!

Just when does the snow peter out in Toronto??? :o

Darn210 Enthusiast
You see???....Domestic Goddess

Yep, your idea WILL indeed solve my blind dilemma, I have some (classy) sheets that are perfect...and wait :unsure: .....YES!! ......I think I have an old mattress AND some tYres to put out the front to 'add' to the look

:lol::lol:

Oh Yes . . . I'm the new Martha Stewart for the trailer trash crowd.

And . . . excellent idea adding the mattress and tYres. Do you perhaps have an old commode that you could also put in your front yard? Then you could plant some nice begonias in it . . . or perhaps some plastic flowers would look better.

So . . . whilst I was looking for a suitable photo of flowers planted in an old toilet (which I found plenty of references to, but no pic . . . grrrrrr), I stumbled upon these (scroll down) . . .

:oOpen Original Shared Link :o

jerseyangel Proficient
So . . . whilst I was looking for a suitable photo of flowers planted in an old toilet (which I found plenty of references to, but no pic . . . grrrrrr), I stumbled upon these (scroll down) . . .

:oOpen Original Shared Link :o

Gawd!!! :lol: Talk about classy! :P

Peter--hope that snow does peter out soon! Don't work too hard and say "hi" to JacquIe :D

Hey Nikki--didja get those blinds cleaned yet? :lol: Mine need attention badly :blink:

Looks like we're working with a skeleton crew here today.....I'm on my way out to grocery shop and GAD--pick up more paint.....

Later, Sillies B)

Ridgewalker Contributor
She is well on her way to being defined as "lurking and not posting" . . . I just saw a newbie but he Sarah'd.

:P:lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Sillies,

Well let me tell you it is raining again! Raining very hard to the point it has woken us up! If Peter ran out of snow room...the saturated midstate as they are saying on the news cannot hold anymore water. The river hit flood stage on thursday so with the steady rain yesterday and all overnight and heavy rain now...flooding is happening.

I am on my way to thrift shop! Have not hit Sal's in awhile!!!

Lucky is laying on my keyboard so I am pecking to you guys with one finger...like I am tapping out the morris code lol :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Hey all...I haven't gone back to catch up, so this might be old news, but I thought of all of you on Wednesday (well actually yesterday because I just watched what I recorded)....

Destination Truth's (SciFi channel, Wednesdays) mission on Wednesday night was searching for the truth about Yetis. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Hey all...I haven't gone back to catch up, so this might be old news, but I thought of all of you on Wednesday (well actually yesterday because I just watched what I recorded)....

Destination Truth's (SciFi channel, Wednesdays) mission on Wednesday night was searching for the truth about Yetis. :lol:

Hi Donna!!! :D

So you can tell us what makes him tick :P Did they ever find out the truth about him? A very mysterious fellow, I think.

tom Contributor

~~~As reported in The Daily Dingo~~~

"Kissey held me down and made me drink 1/2 a bottle of Southern Comfort"

~~~~

:lol: ~~~~

I'd put off calling in the AM while hoping my brain would ramp up from the bleh 30% I woke w/.

:angry: And that's after trying to be extra careful yesterday, and expecting to wake up w/ at least a modicum of sillibility.

I call ~11am and Susie's phirst woUrds are "I'm still drunk". :lol::blink::lol:

I didn't feel alright until ~12:15p, but my call went to voicemail so I figger they done skeedaddled to the hills, no doubt in search of av-worthy, thirsty curmudgeons.

I ended up @ that Willow Glen coffee place a little after 1p and it really made me chuckle to think that if I'd felt fine upon waking, there may have been an Original Silly sitting across from me earlier in the day. :lol:

(Then again, Dingy'd only given a definite maybe anyway)

A missed opportunity for at least expanding my avatar collection. :(

But . . .. Pseuzee .. .Puh-Leeeze!!!!

I'll not up with put this talk of a mere 10min meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_< <_<

I've got a 12min minimum :P

English toffee?? :huh:

I always thought toffee is toffee....where ever

Yes why DO we call it English Toffee?

Is this like Canadian Bacon, French Fries, Mexican Standoff, Polish Firing Squad, Hong Kong Phooey ( :lol: ), Spanish Fly, Portugese Man-o-War, Brussels Sprouts, French Tickler :o , etc ????

...but Janet...please....stop being coy!....it's no good hiding your light under a bushel!!

Heehee good one

Forgot to mention this when the news of the fetid, rank, unusable outhouse surfaced.

My little brother used to nearly religiously take every opportunity to crap in the wilderness. Like it's some badge of honor.

Not one to bother w/ packing toilet paper, he'd developed quite a detailed ranking system of the available flora & fauna.

What always cracked me up was that, on every hike, he always felt the need - nay .. .the responsiBILity, one could say - to point out the most favoUred lichens & mosses as we happened upon them :lol:

More than once, he'd reach down, brush his fingers across the treasured substitute, and murmur "mmmmmmm" or "oh yeahhhhhhh".

Hi Sillies

We are currently babysitting, Landen. John is having so much fun. He keeps playing with him and the baby keeps smiling at John.

John also just made me dinner, beef stir-fry with buttered onions and mushrooms. Very good!

The winds are strong tonight...not fun!

Carry on Sillies!

jerseyangel Proficient

Tom--sorry you wern't able to connect with Susie and David. I'm sure you guys will meet at some point :) So jealous.... <_<

Too funny about your little brother :P Once, my best friend Sandy and I were playing in the woods next to the neighborhood school and we didn't want to walk all the way home to go to the bathroom--so we went in the woods....and one of the boys who lived next door (my future crush's brother) told on us :angry:

Amanda--have fun with the little one :D

I'm taking a dinner break--we've been painting most of the day. We're doing our bedroom/bathroom--cannot WAIT to get it done. Of course, then we start on the upstairs.....

Darn210 Enthusiast
Do you perhaps have an old commode that you could also put in your front yard?

Nikki, whilst I was pondering the loo planter, it dawned on me that your parents now have an obsolete potty house. Have they disposed of it? Could you move it to your house? . . . for decorative purposes only, of course.

My little brother used to nearly religiously take every opportunity to crap in the wilderness. Like it's some badge of honor.

Marking his territory, methinks.

dlp252 Apprentice
So you can tell us what makes him tick :P Did they ever find out the truth about him? A very mysterious fellow, I think.

He's got big feet. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
He's got big feet. :lol:

:lol: Very interesting.....well, you know what they say about big feet.... :ph34r:B):D

tom Contributor
Hi Sillies

We are currently babysitting, Landen. John is having so much fun. He keeps playing with him and the baby keeps smiling at John.

John also just made me dinner, beef stir-fry with buttered onions and mushrooms. Very good!

:)

Make sure you keep him off that blasted PN med, eh??!!!

Tom--sorry you weren't able to connect with Susie and David. I'm sure you guys will meet at some point :) So jealous.... <_<

Oh ya there's little doubt about that heheheheheheheehee. Certainly there's no time for dillydallying on the way to FIRST cabin visit.

One of these times, eh Soooozle?

BTW, I believe Absinthian Destruction In The Hills to commence w/in hours.

:lol: Very interesting.....well, you know what they say about big feet.... :ph34r:B):D

Have I mentioned enough yet my size13s? :lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

Hello Sillies! We are drowning in rain- BLECH! Hi Donna and Sarah!!!!!

I am going to FL in June for a conference :):) We are going to Hollywood FL. We are staying in the Westin-Diplomat...you guys should go google it, very fancy!

Oooohhh....Hollywood, FL is supposed to be very nice! As my niece says, I come too?" :D

15 new inches is AWEsome!

:lol: :lol: :lol: You knew SOMEONE was going to take THAT phrase out of context :P

What have I done??!!?? . . . :ph34r::ph34r:

The majority of it will go out the door tomorrow but now I am filled with the knowledge that I can make 2 pound batches of this stuff at the drop of a hat. That's not a good thing.

Oh yummers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can always send it to us!

:oOpen Original Shared Link

All I can say is if those are toilets-OUCH. Beautiful urinals though (yeah- cuz you know guys really care where they pee :P )

They'll never know the truth about OUR yeti- he's special.

~~~As reported in The Daily Dingo~~~

"Kissey held me down and made me drink 1/2 a bottle of Southern Comfort"

I call ~11am and Susie's phirst woUrds are "I'm still drunk". :lol::blink::lol:

SERIOUSLY? :o She is gonna get so much sh*%t fro me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

~alex~ Explorer
Oh Alex- I love Canada and think it is exotic- I would love to go to Newfoundland and Churchill to see the polar bears. Vancouver- I want to live there!!!!!

That makes me happy :D! I love Canada and being Canadian and I love that there are people out there who think of Canada as exciting and exotic! Vancouver is awesome and I CANNOT WAIT until the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. I think I will cry with pride the whole time. The one thing besides New Year's Eve that turns me into a blubbering sap is seeing Canadian athletes at the Olympics and it being in Canada will just be too exciting. I will be bursting with national pride.

As much as I love Canada I do have a secret American Dream. It is to be in Cape Cod (or the Hamptons would be okay too :P ) at an Independence Day party at a big beach house with a white picket fence. There would lots of watermelon and one of those flag cakes where the strawberries make the stripes and blueberries for the stars. And there would be fireworks and I would pretend to be an American and belt the star spangled banner with Yankee pride. Oh yeah, and everyone looks like they're taken right from the pages of a Ralph Lauren ad. I don't know where this fantasy comes from; I really am a proud, happy Canuck. I think this is just my idealized version of yuppie American life! You guys all live these idealized lives right?! :lol:

sillies!!

I am going to FL in June for a conference ):) We are going to Hollywood FL. We are staying in the Westin-Diplomat...you guys should go google it, very fancy!

That does look fancy! Right on the ocean! You must be excited.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah . . .

. . . big shoes

. . . good traction

. . . hairy toes?

Darn210 Enthusiast
As much as I love Canada I do have a secret American Dream. It is to be in Cape Cod (or the Hamptons would be okay too :P ) at an Independence Day party at a big beach house with a white picket fence. There would lots of watermelon and one of those flag cakes where the strawberries make the stripes and blueberries for the stars. And there would be fireworks and I would pretend to be an American and belt the star spangled banner with Yankee pride. Oh yeah, and everyone looks like there taken right from the pages of a Ralph Lauren ad. I don't know where this fantasy comes from; I really am a proud, happy Canuck. I think this is just my idealized version of yuppie American life! You guys all live these idealized lives right?! :lol:

Yep, too many Ralph Lauren ads for you. . .

Here's how the Fourth of July goes around here . . . (of course, we don't consider ourselves yuppies) . . . illegal fireworks, filthy kids running around without shoes, nobody sings, all the pyros dads tellin' the kids to stand back while they light the fireworks with an empty paper towel tube that's on fire, and jello with a can of fruit cocktail poured in it.

Here's how the Fourth of July goes around here . . . (of course, we don't consider ourselves yuppies) . . . illegal fireworks, filthy kids running around without shoes, nobody sings, all the pyros dads tellin' the kids to stand back while they light the fireworks with an empty paper towel tube that's on fire, and jello with a can of fruit cocktail poured in it.

Around here the kids are lighting the fireworks :huh: The parents are running around with other adults and the kids are the running the show.

tom Contributor
That makes me happy :D! I love Canada and being Canadian and I love that there are people out there who think of Canada as exciting and exotic! Vancouver is awesome and I CANNOT WAIT until the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. I think I will cry with pride the whole time. The one thing besides New Year's Eve that turns me into a blubbering sap is seeing Canadian athletes at the Olympics and it being in Canada will just be too exciting.

Weren't the Winter Games just in Canada a couple times ago?

Calgary '98 I'll guess? (Hmmm '02 was Salt Lake, which I partly attended btw :P , and '94 sounds like Lillehammer(sp?) & '92 in France was the last to coincide w/ Summer Games yrs)

I look fwd to your blubbering sappiness of National Pride!!!!

As much as I love Canada I do have a secret American Dream. . .. ..

.. . ... And there would be fireworks and I would pretend to be an American and belt the star spangled banner with Yankee pride.

Wouldn't SHE make a grand honoUrary citizen of these United States!!!!

~alex~ Explorer
Weren't the Winter Games just in Canada a couple times ago?

Calgary '98 I'll guess? (Hmmm '02 was Salt Lake, which I partly attended btw :P , and '94 sounds like Lillehammer(sp?) & '92 in France was the last to coincide w/ Summer Games yrs)

Calgary '88 I think. I was only five so I don't really remember them. The Montreal Olympics were before my time which is probably for the best because we were the only country besides Yugoslavia to not win a gold medal at our own Olympics :ph34r:. But Vancouver will be the winter Olympics -- our specialty and with the Own the Podium initiative Canada is hoping to get the highest medal count. In the past Canadian athletes have been hilariously underfunded compared to many other nations.

tom Contributor
Calgary '88 I think. I was only five so I don't really remember them.

<almost spit water> :lol: Hey .. ...what's a decade between friends . .. .

(If I ever need proof of typing w/out googling, this is it!)

Well Landen has gone to bed. John is watching Sci-Fi and I am catching up on the thread. Pretty quiet day here huh? The wind is shaking my house soo bad. Come on Spring!

Oh and I fell off the wagon and haven't been to the gym in a few days...will start tomorrow though.

Archived