This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

tom Contributor
SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still in recovery from the weekend. And tonight we are out and tomorrow - a Michael Buble concert (about which I don't care a whit, but may still go).

Buble was here a couple days ago and got a great review. (Headline: Buble lives up to the hype)

So GO grandma !!!!!!!!!

I have poison oak covering my torso :blink: and on legs and arms.

Gehhh .. ..somehow poison oak came to mind over the wkend. <wth was I thinking about at the time .. .. .>

Last Chance was paradise.......probably about 20 of us there, many kids, and friends helping w/ construction, doing manly things w/ their chainsaws and generator-powered wood-chippers, splitters, and other things.

Uhhhhhhh . .firstly. .. omigod did they have NAMETAGS????!

Second, did they start w/ constructing a new outhouse!???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Susie--Welcome back!!! :D Of course the Kisseys loved you--I'm sure they were just charmed by you.

Your new social life does sound exciting, but tiring at the same time. I will now officially be living vicariously through you :lol:

elye Community Regular
Your new social life does sound exciting, but tiring at the same time. I will now officially be living vicariously through you :lol:

Yup.....me, too. :rolleyes::lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

OMG!! I've just eaten 17 rice crackers :ph34r:

Surely something so egregious heralds the end of the world or something :o

In my own defense, it wasn't my fault. Chicken strips don't scoop up salsa the way chips do, and what was I supposed to do with leftover salsa that had had chicken dipped into it?

Mtndog Collaborator

All Hail King Peter the Oracle!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indeed, a manly king needed for these silly times!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie- Yeah on meeting the Kisseys! I for one, already love Grandma and her boyfriend- how cute is THAT? Of course they liked you- what's not to like!!!!!!!!!! When you called him david I was like :huh: - always forget he has a REAL name!!!!!!

Bev!!!!! Don't forget yer Trunk Monkeys. They will come in handy on the long voyage :D:D

Ark dismantled as sun came out today and peace dove with olive branch Kurt came home! However, trunk monkeys installed in both our cars! :P :P

Ripper--We are so incredibly proud of you!!! I kinda think of you as "our Ripper" :)

OMG- we even have our own Ripper now!

Sillies- bad news to report. Remember when I told you about my coworker Susan and her CT Scan and her kidney....she has cancer....she broke it to me a few minutes ago....

Oh Amanda- I know she'll be OK but this is hard. Sending good vibes and thoughts her way.

psawyer Proficient
All Hail King Peter the Oracle!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indeed, a manly king needed for these silly times!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh! Oracle alone was a challenge. Now I have to be manly too? Ah, 'tis only for 100 pages, or 1,500 posts, or, a long time. Unless I get Pattied like the last ruler.

Emily, you must work on Will regarding the new dog. You need to get him when he is trying to do something. Then it goes something like this:

E: Hi, honey, I'm home! Did you miss me?

W: Hmmph. What did you say dear?

E: I asked if you missed me?

W: Yes, dear.

E: Did you get those chores in the yard taken care of?

E: Are you listening to me?

E: Can we get a friend for Gus?

E: YES, DEAR!

Or something along that line.

OMG, I just revealed a weakness of my fellow men.

If that doesn't work, tell him the King will throw him into the Tower keep until he changes his mind. :ph34r:

psawyer Proficient
Sillies- bad news to report. Remember when I told you about my coworker Susan and her CT Scan and her kidney....she has cancer....she broke it to me a few minutes ago....

Manda, I'm hoping they caught this early, and can get to it before it spreads. Susan will be in my thoughts.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Sheesh! Oracle alone was a challenge. Now I have to be manly too? Ah, 'tis only for 100 pages, or 1,500 posts, or, a long time. Unless I get Pattied like the last ruler.

Emily, you must work on Will regarding the new dog. You need to get him when he is trying to do something. Then it goes something like this:

If that doesn't work, tell him the King will throw him into the Tower keep until he changes his mind. :ph34r:

If all this fails.....you could always ....ya know....nudge nudge, wink wink B);):lol:

And Peter--I just HAVE to ask....how difficult IS it for you to be manly?? :huh::lol::lol::lol:

That just cracked me up!

Jestgar Rising Star
Sheesh! Oracle alone was a challenge. Now I have to be manly too?

You're in a room full of women and Tom (who is certainly not going to reveal any weaknesses as he is counting on us females remaining ign'rent). To us, you are incredibly manly and regal ;):rolleyes:

Ridgewalker Contributor

Recipe and pics to my incredible birthday cheesecake: Open Original Shared Link

Green12 Enthusiast
SILLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!

we had such a blast - - but I am soooooooooooo tired. Four-hour drive, the last 45 on completely unpaved, deeply-rutted single-lane road......Annie fell flat on her face so many times on that drive. Poor little Boo. :lol: Eveyrthing in the car was topsy-turvy by the time we got in - David exclaims - "who did this to all the stuff?" Um........YOU did, whilst you were driving like a bat-out-of-hell, was our reply. :lol: Kissey believes that you take the horrible road as fast as you can, rather than slowly, likening it to ripping off a bandaid. Good thing I am in agreement on this.

Slept just a few hours in teh tent. Had a complete laughing attack w/ Kissey in tent that night - - apparently when we are in places where we must be quiet and behave, we fall apart.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yay, so happy you are back Susie Q!!!! Glad the Kissey family get-together went well, sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Me three :lol:

In my own defense, it wasn't my fault. Chicken strips don't scoop up salsa the way chips do, and what was I supposed to do with leftover salsa that had had chicken dipped into it?

:lol::o:lol:

Ark dismantled as sun came out today and peace dove with olive branch Kurt came home! However, trunk monkeys installed in both our cars! :P :P

I guess you'll have to save it for another rainy day :lol:

My trunk monkey is on the job, ready to roll at a moments notice :D

Sheesh! Oracle alone was a challenge. Now I have to be manly too?

:unsure:

:huh:

:lol:

Peter, as King, Oracle and a Manly Man, I hope you will use your trifecta of powers to eradicate all the nasties like cancer, lyme disease, and celiac disease.......just for starters.

LOOK AT IT!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!

Edna is not pleased <_<

thanks for the recipe

Emily, the only thing missing from your avatar is Janet your neighbor doing Tai Chi in the background.

tom Contributor

Is that a lot? :lol:

If it's those little round ones, 17 doesn't sound like a lot.

(Well not a LOT a lot hehe)

Do they taste good enough to be count-worthy? (Hmmm ..maybe . . . every time I've tried them, they're gone that day)

.. . .. Kurt came home! However, trunk monkeys installed in both our cars! :P :P

Yay Bev got her Kurt back! :)

My trunk monkey is on the job, ready to roll at a moments notice :D

Why don't I know what a trunk monkey is?

Emily, the only thing missing from your avatar is Janet your neighbor doing Tai Chi in the background.

An av that always brings a smile - Em in a funky artsy coat huggin' a fav tree w/ both a history AND a future!

jerseyangel Proficient

Perfectly understandable. I've been known to eat a half tube of Stax chips out of the can. :lol:

Gawd....to die for! :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey, wait a minute :unsure:

Did I beat Emily and Amanda this morning? :o

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Sillies

Tis a scary thing been happening, I have been jogging (attempting) and I usually walk more than I jog cause I get tired but when I am done I cannot catch my breath for at least an hour and I get a wheeze. Now I have never had asthma or anything like that. But I do a lot of coughing and it never feels like I cleared my lungs at all....Now and then I have been having chest pains as well. This morning it has been happening. Do you all think it is just me being out of shape?

jerseyangel Proficient
Morning Sillies

Tis a scary thing been happening, I have been jogging (attempting) and I usually walk more than I jog cause I get tired but when I am done I cannot catch my breath for at least an hour and I get a wheeze. Now I have never had asthma or anything like that. But I do a lot of coughing and it never feels like I cleared my lungs at all....Now and then I have been having chest pains as well. This morning it has been happening. Do you all think it is just me being out of shape?

Amanda--If it persists I would definately check with your doctor. It could be a matter of just having to get back into shape, but if that's the case, the symptoms should start to lessen as you continue to exercise.

An allergist can check your lung function and determine whether it could be asthma.

elye Community Regular

Morning, all!

Wow, other Sillies have clamboured on early!

OMG!! I've just eaten 17 rice crackers !

It's phunny....17 is the one number of which I have ALL of the multiples right in the forefront of my memory bank. So I immediately computed your calorie count as about 136 - - not heinously bad.

For all those puzzled: When converting the mmol blood-sugar measurement that we use in Canada to the American measurement, one multiplies it by 17. My tight morning reading of 4.6 is 78 American..... B)

:lol::lol::lol:

King Peter has spoken! This is terrific...Of course, I should have known to go to Oracle Peter for a concise, clearly demonstrated strategy that is primed for success. Hmmmmm.....DH is planting cedar hedges this evening....this could be the moment to strike.

It's kind of tricky, though, and requires me to be calm, controlled, and diligent....

Could I simply walk out naked?

.....(((sigh)))...probably won't work nearly as effectively.... :lol:

You're in a room full of women and Tom (who is certainly not going to reveal any weaknesses as he is counting on us females remaining ign'rent). To us, you are incredibly manly and regal

And terrific at spilling the manly weaknesses! Get 'em when they're busy....one track minds.... :lol:

Peter, as King, Oracle and a Manly Man, I hope you will use your trifecta of powers to eradicate all the nasties like cancer, lyme disease, and celiac disease.......just for starters.

...And get me that standard poodle......

:lol::lol:

This is a superb idea....I will need to be out there fairly early in the am to incorporate Mr. Chow into a background. I'd love to capture him in mid-Rising Sun Pose, or his Meet-The-Ebbing-Sea. He actually has one pose that is quite something, and I cannot imagine what it it would be called. It looks like Dog-Pooping-By-Running-Stream, or Eagle-Shot-out-of-the Air. Must ask him.......

Ptaoughmn! Get yerself to a PC!

Morning Sillies

Yes, Amanda, it could very well be that this will dissipate when you get into better shape. However, I think I would probably see the doc just in case. :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Morning Sillies, I have a date with the treadmill in 5, but just wanted to pop in and comment to Amanda.

Morning Sillies

Amanda, it could be exercise induced asthma (which means you get asthma like symptoms from exercising).

If you were just out of shape breathing tends to return to normal shortly after you have finished exercising. Since you are having asthma like symptoms for a good hour after finishing, and today, this is very telling. I think it would be a good idea to talk to your Dr, just to rule anything out.

Google exercise induced asthma, there is lots of info on it. It's pretty common and can be regulated. It doesn't mean you have to stop exercising, you just need to warm-up really well and ease into the exercise. Swimming is also good to strengthen the lungs.

Mtndog Collaborator

EXACTLY- see! We should have known that King Peter the Oracle would have known exactly what to do. There's always the just-bring-her-home method ;) That's how my sis weaseled a doberman puppy into their lives! now he's her hubby's best friend!

Speaking of puppies, sadie is having visitors who want to adopt her today. I will be VERY sad to see her go, but she will have a house on a lake, a boat, a huge yard and a 6 year-old who already has her walking, feeding and bathing schedule worked out. How cute is THAT? :wub: :wub:

If all this fails.....you could always ....ya know....nudge nudge, wink wink B);):lol:

Why Patti- I think I just got the vapors (from cracking up!!!!!!!!!). My GAWD woman, you are a RIOT!!!!

Nudge nudge wink wink=Altoids for sure!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Yay Bev got her Kurt back! :)

It's like a mojo only cuter!!!!!!! Julie must explain the trunk monkey accessory! They ROCK! Or you can see for yourself Open Original Shared Link

Morning Sillies, I have a date with the treadmill in 5, but just wanted to pop in and comment to Amanda.

You're cheating on us with a TREADMILL? NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
Morning Sillies

It does sound like asthma. Or you could also be anemic. It's worth talking to someone about.

Jestgar Rising Star

I have to take my cats to the vet in two hours for their shots. Lyle might need a tooth pulled as well, so neither of them as eaten since last night. I can't let them out because the neighbors leave food outside. So I have two hungry, irate, 15 pound cats swatting my legs every time I stand up. If they decide to coordinate a tackle I may be done for.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
I have to take my cats to the vet in two hours for their shots. Lyle might need a tooth pulled as well, so neither of them as eaten since last night. I can't let them out because the neighbors leave food outside. So I have two hungry, irate, 15 pound cats swatting my legs every time I stand up. If they decide to coordinate a tackle I may be done for.

My 15 lb cat is always at my heels....I understand completely.

Thanks everyone for giving me info!

jerseyangel Proficient

:o Jeeze, I hope they don't decide to gang up on you!

Poor Lyle--hope it won't be too difficult for him. :(

Jestgar Rising Star
Poor Lyle--hope it won't be too difficult for him. :(

He will certainly let me know. This is the cat that will jump up and pee on my bed while I'm in it if he thinks I've done something unforgivable (like pet the other cat).

elye Community Regular
EXACTLY- see! We should have known that King Peter the Oracle would have known exactly what to do.

I know....the Amazing Oracle Peter. We're so lucky to have him in Sillyville. And now he's King!

Bev, I'm sure you will be sad to see that lovely little girl go. But this sounds like the perfect family! :)

Nudge nudge wink wink=Altoids for sure!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

No, see, Altoids are the big guns, and ya only pull them out for substantial stuff - -that cruise you've been pining to book, a sunroom addition....

...Stay tuned on the second dog issue - - I sense a shifting..... :)

He will certainly let me know. This is the cat that will jump up and pee on my bed while I'm in it if he thinks I've done something unforgivable (like pet the other cat).

Holy crap.....he means business....wouldn't want to fool around with that fifteen-pounder....

Archived