This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

tom Contributor

Jus' readin' 'long 'ere. (And over- apostrophetizing)

Slow brain day so nuffin silly comes to mind, but chuckling at the funny stuff & "awwwww"-ing at the cute stuff.

Carry On Sillies!!!!!!

beware the quadromillenial phluids! :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
Oh Yes . . . what with you approachin' 4000 and all . . . if you had implants, almost a gare-un-teeeeee that breast poppage would occur.

My Gawd! :o Breast poppage all over the coffee table :o

With a count as high as 4000, you're gonna have to be veddy careful. :unsure:

psawyer Proficient
We eschew normality!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't fear Emily- I fear the quiet ones who lurk without posting under anonymity- oh wait- that's you Pieter :P:lol:

Caught again. :ph34r:

Look at my post count..........comin' up on FOUR THOUSAND........already two small incidents w/ fluid spills yesterday..........

Everybody take cover, but especially Psooooozee!

Ah! More forum intrigue......

Patti, what was the dust-up to which you allude? Fascinating....cloak and dagger tales....a moderator quitting, Susie's innocent yet probing questions.....

What does it mean?......................

Twas early in 2006. I recall it well, and miss Karen. She remained active for quite some time afterward, but hasn't posted since November.

The sun is shining and it is warm. A lovely day, and the rest of the weekend is expected to be similar.

Susie, take care of yourself.

We have two digital cameras, both Sonys. We're happy, but they are simple ones.

I used to be into photography, and have the equipment in 35 mm SLR style, but haven't used it in a long time.

elye Community Regular

Okay, I guess I'll be looking at a Sony. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to find something, anything, audio-visual or otherwise, that isn't made in China? Good luck...I'm afraid it just cannot be done 'round here. A camera, or a TV, or an inflatable mattress, or a wall frame, made in North America? Or at the very least, not in China? The search proves too long and exhausting.

Pardon my quasi-political rant. :ph34r: Perhaps subject matter that remains tabboo - - I jes' lost myself for a moment, there.....

elye Community Regular
Twas early in 2006. I recall it well, and miss Karen. She remained active for quite some time afterward, but hasn't posted since November.

Peter! Perhaps you don't feel at liberty to say...I'm just wondering if you're referring to Canadian Karen. I loved reading her posts...she was so helpful, genuine and PHUNNY. Make a good Silly, me suspects.....

jerseyangel Proficient

Not at all Emily--I agree with you 100% ;)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
My Gawd! :o Breast poppage all over the coffee table :o

With a count as high as 4000, you're gonna have to be veddy careful

:unsure:

OMG - *this* is my 4000th post................. :o

<hiding under tarps now :ph34r: >

um..........snowing lightly in the mountains here....does that count as fluid? I am SOOOOOO pleased w/ this cool, cloudy SPRING weather for the weekend!!!!!!! Even scattered showers!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

OMG - forgot to mention that three days ago, I slammed my HEEL in the door to garage, it is nicely bruised......

also - - in the windstorm - - my HUGE HUGE potato jasmine, which covered half my fence in back yard, was blown over, broke its supporting wooden ballasts, and has been laying on the ground ever since, covering half the back yard. I have been hacking away at it, so we can somehow get it back up tomorrow.....not sure how.

Many calamities abound here............

:unsure:

OMG - I want to edit my earlier post, because I said "legs a-kimber" instead of "akimbo" and......that is bothering me...... :lol: But - there is no EDIT button on my posts, as there usually is. what in hell? did Skaught take away me edit buttons? :huh:

and guess what else sillies...................also coinciding with my meritorious :lol: 4000th post, I am taking Weezee, in minutes, to have her anal glands squeezed.............. talk about FLUIDS of the most (h)anus variety!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
and guess what else sillies...................also coinciding with my meritorious :lol: 4000th post, I am taking Weezee, in minutes, to have her anal glands squeezed.............. talk about FLUIDS of the most (h)anus variety!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Seems only fitting that this procedure is to be done today, correlating with your momentous milestone :D

And jeese Sousee--for God's sake, be careful!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG - I want to edit my earlier post, because I said "legs a-kimber" instead of "akimbo" and......that is bothering me...... :lol: But - there is no EDIT button on my posts, as there usually is. what in hell? did Skaught take away me edit buttons? :huh:

I meant to answer this--yep, Skaught upgraded the board recently again and now we only have a small window of time to edit before the button disappears. Evidently, there were people who quit the board and went back and erased all of their posts, leaving odd gaps in the various threads.

jerseyangel Proficient
Peter! Perhaps you don't feel at liberty to say...I'm just wondering if you're referring to Canadian Karen. I loved reading her posts...she was so helpful, genuine and PHUNNY. Make a good Silly, me suspects.....

One and the same, Em. I didn't mean to ignore your question...I kinda forgot :lol::ph34r:

Yes, Karen was a very kind and helpful person and phunny, too. The whole thing was so unfortunate--one of those threads that "went south" fast with a lot of arguing and bickering. She stepped down, at least one person was banned from the board..... Seems to me that that used to happen a lot more then than now--thank goodness.

I still see her reading once in a great while :)

elye Community Regular
Skaught upgraded the board recently again and now we only have a small window of time to edit before the button disappears.

Oh my gawd.....I can almost hear the clock ticking....the pressure........ :unsure:

Darn210 Enthusiast
I meant to answer this--yep, Skaught upgraded the board recently again and now we only have a small window of time to edit before the button disappears. Evidently, there were people who quit the board and went back and erased all of their posts, leaving odd gaps in the various threads.

ahhhh. . . I was wondering about that too. I hate when I see one of my typos (sometimes hard to tell with the way we spell on this thread) but last time I wasn't able to go back and fix it. I shall now post and then set the timer to see how long we've got!!!

All this talk of a past pissing-match/hissy-fit . . . just makes me curiouser and curiouser . . . any more details or a link or is it all gone now. (Oh, and just for the record, I did mean to say curiouser and have no desire to come back later to fix it. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Oh my gawd.....I can almost hear the clock ticking....the pressure........ :unsure:

Yup--we have to proof-read as soon as the post hits the board :P At least I do--I swear I'm forgetting how to spell...or type :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient
All this talk of a past pissing-match/hissy-fit . . . just makes me curiouser and curiouser . . . any more details or a link or is it all gone now. (Oh, and just for the record, I did mean to say curiouser and have no desire to come back later to fix it. :lol:

I think Skaught deleated the whole thing--PeOter can correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure.

psawyer Proficient

I have something exciting to share. I'll read up to date, and then post it. It has to do with your faithful King and old money. :)

psawyer Proficient

Yes, it was Canadian Karen, the Altoids Queen.

jerseyangel Proficient
I have something exciting to share. I'll read up to date, and then post it. It has to do with your faithful King and old money. :)

Ooh!! Hurry up and read...I can't wait to hear :D

psawyer Proficient
I think Skaught deleated the whole thing--PeOter can correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure.

Yes, the thread is long, long gone, and at least one member was banned and a few others were warned. Ugly, it was. Unfortunately, Karen got drawn into the flame war. Nuff said.

More to come on the promised story.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:o :o :o

OMG - the pressure........to be........perfect......no going back............. Well now this is simply egregious!!! :P

what if I say something stoopid (highly likely if not probable) and then......want to go and change it???? and forget about those confessional posts - - "I"m writing this down now but....I'm sure I"ll erase it all later..." OMG! will this just put the kabash on ALL of our spontaneity? holy cow........ :unsure: Now.....the pressure to be perfect.......it's simply too much to bear (or is that......bare :lol: :lol: :lol: )

curiouser iz aktchewally korect, ghahnut. :lol::wacko:

More to come on the promised story.

POETER!!!!!!!!!!! what is it? Our King and Old Money? OMG - did you come into some previously unknown phamily phortune? Did you just find out yer descended from royalty?????????????? Phess up!!!! :P

Well - Stepford Dog is here. (Sq)Weezee is tolerating him........oh, and PLENTY o' fluids in her anal glands, pholks. :unsure: <well, more like a viscous paste than a fluid but - I"m counting it :lol: >

Kissey is crabby. Not here yet, but he's crabby because he missed his motorcycle party. Oh dear. :lol:

psawyer Proficient

This is about an amazing thing that happened tonight.

As most of you know, Jacquie and I own a retail store that sells pet food and supplies. On Fridays, we have one of our part-time staff open, and we come in early afternoon and stay until closing, at 7:00 pm.

So, tonight, closing time comes around and I am closing out while Jacquie is tidying up. I'm counting the cash in the till. I work from the large bills down to the pennies. I get as far as counting the quarters, and a regular customer arrives at the door. We let them in, and they make a small cash purchase and leave. I resume counting. The dimes are next.

I grab the dimes out of the till and spread them on the counter to count. Immediately, one stands out among the rest. It is silver. I say to Jacquie, "that's a really old dime there." Until 1967, coins of 10 cents and more were actually made mostly of silver. In 1968, a nickel-copper alloy was substituted, since the value of the silver was more than the face value of the coin (in 1968!). Today, one of these coins is worth many times its face value for the silver content.

The coin is face-up on the counter. It is quite worn (click for a lousy picture). Another view.

Edit to add: I'll try to get some better pictures soon. Indoors with a limited digital camera and flash isn't perfect, but was all I could do tonight.

Canadian coins have a portrait of the current monarch on the obverse. I quickly notice that the portrait is not Queen Elizabeth II, but is of a male--a King. I think for a moment about King George VI, Elizabeth's father. But I quickly see that the king in the portrait has a crown on his head. The portrait of George VI is bareheaded. Ah, yes, George V, Elizabeth's grandfather had a crown on in his coinage portrait.

And then it hit me. OMG! The king on the dime is facing right!

Monarchs on Canadian coins alternate facing left and right. Elizabeth II faces right. Her father, George VI, faced left. Her uncle, Edward VIII would have faced right, but since his reign was less than a year, no coins were ever produced with his image. George V, Elizabeth's grandfather, faced left.

The king on the coin is Open Original Shared Link, eldest son of Queen Victoria (whose birthday is tomorrow). This is a very old coin.

You can just make out the start of the name Edward. Only the two letters Ed are legible. But on the reverse you can read "10 Cents Canada 1907." Another bad picture here.

So a king from long ago visits me in the form of a coin more than one hundred years old. It must be a sign, but I don't know of what. I am sending some of the positive energy to Phrezno to aid Psoozee.

A truly remarkable event, n'est-ce pas?

:o

Darn210 Enthusiast

COOL BEANS, Peaghter. Is it worth enough to pull together the psilly psummit and fly in Psoozie and Htaum?

FYI the Edit button lasts for longer than 10 minutes but less than 90 minutes . . . sorry, just couldn't sit there and watch it the whole time, I had to go and read about some prospective landscaping options.

Ridgewalker Contributor
Susie, it does indeed sound like you need to de-mag your house. A mojito will make those aches feel better.

Nikki, I think mojitos work on blisters, too.

I think they work on everything. ;)

Hmmm....perhaps not so strange.....isn't honey really bee wee? :huh::lol:

WHAT?! Are you serious? :ph34r:

I remember her! I always liked her posts.

Speaking of dog fluids, Lilo went into heat today. SIGH.... She is not easy to deal with when she's in heat. Well, I guess no dog is.

Ok... I've been avoiding asking about this, but WTH is up with the anal glands? I missed that convo, and I've been afraid to ask. :ph34r: I don't wanna deal with anal glands.

psawyer Proficient
COOL BEANS, Peaghter. Is it worth enough to pull together the psilly psummit and fly in Psoozie and Htaum?

Oh yeah. It was worth ten cents a hundred years ago. It is worth at least ten times that today, which is a whole Canadian Dollar, or 1.0119 US as of today's close. Gas is 1.259 a litre today where I live. I can travel about 7 km (4.3 miles). Hmm. Philadelphia is about 500 miles away. I need to find a lot more lucky dimes. :(

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Sillies! Tis typing on my new baby, so far so good!!!! Sharp looking too. My outing with my coworkers was fun, we went to the deck at TJ Rockwell's and I had a salad and a strawberry daq.....can't spell LOL!

Landen is now sleeping, we had a rough night. John did the calm him down which helped.

Time to head off. We are going to watch a movie.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
So a king from long ago visits me in the form of a coin more than one hundred years old. It must be a sign, but I don't know of what. I am sending some of the positive energy to Phrezno to aid Psoozee.

A truly remarkable event, n'est-ce pas?

:o

:) Truly phabulous! What a serendipitious event.........what does it mean?????? :unsure: I'll take yer positive thoughts.....I am scairt to walk around w/ liquids......or phrankly, to just walk around, period.... :huh::lol:

But what a cool find!!!!

Here is something......my dad had a decent coin collection, which I ended up with with which I ended up, after his death. I never told anyone in my family, until years later - that I sold half the collection to pay for about half of my Stinker's chemotherapy........my dad would have been so pleased with this. :) Years later, I sold on ebay an Abraham Lincoln campaign button (a Gault campaign button, to be specific, somewhat rare) for close to $300. Not bad!

:lol: Yes, this thought did cross through my mind.....but....unless it's worth millions, I don't think we're going.......and SO JEALOUS of all you sillies, getting together!!!!!!! :(:) ( <----mixed emotions)

Oh yeah. It was worth ten cents a hundred years ago. It is worth at least ten times that today, which is a whole Canadian Dollar, or 1.0119 US as of today's close. Gas is 1.259 a litre today where I live. I can travel about 7 km (4.3 miles). Hmm. Philadelphia is about 500 miles away. I need to find a lot more lucky dimes. :(

:o What? this marvelous relic is only worth a dollar??????? that ain't right...... <_<

My poor Kissey is so out of sorts...... :( I'm letting him do his thing......he's content to just be here, on the couch, brooding slightly. He's "in his cave" and happy that I"m letting him do taht. A good night's sleep, and all will be better. ;)

back to magazine sorting and tossing...........but not to worry, there are no piles on the floor, sillies. :P

Archived