This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Mtndog Collaborator
So. I have just had the fortunate opportunity to meet, in the flesh, THE most meet-able, rewardingly kind, phunny member of this phorum. Think of everything you would imagine Patti to be like in real life.....well, it's all there: lovely, patient, listens to everything (I mean everything - - oh, gawd...) you say, informative, hilarious....yep, just too much. :lol::lol:

And Mark!! OMG......Charming and hilarious. Jack cannot stop commenting on how phunny this man is - - direct quote - - "Mom, Mark paid attention to everything I said, and he even kept looking at me in my eyes. That is rare, and it made me feel great!" :)

We lured the Pattis from Starbucks to our open house at the hotel, and furthered our amazing chatter on the patio with wine.

Now, everyone...Patti, I know, probably wasn't feeling the best, as she has her blood work tomorrow and mentioned she wasn't 100%. But I just keep thinking, MAN, what in hell is she like when she's ON?

Thanks SO much, Patti, for welcoming me to your beautiful neck of the woods, especially when you likely weren't feeling terrific. :wub:

If you guys ever get even a remote chance to meet this great woman in person, do whatever it takes!

I did NOT wear me bib. But a couple of the pics taken are of just our breasts, and you will have to guess whose are whose. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah- the PSILLIES SUMMITTED!!!!!!

I am NOT in the least bit surprised that this was what Patti was like in person- and the DH Mark!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I bet she'll say the same about you Miss Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Oh..... ... . . . . :):):wub: !!!

Wow.

So. I have just had the fortunate opportunity to meet, in the flesh, THE most meet-able, rewardingly kind, phunny member of this phorum. Think of everything you would imagine Patti to be like in real life.....well, it's all there: lovely, patient, listens to everything (I mean everything - - oh, gawd...) you say, informative, hilarious....yep, just too much.

:wub:

just came on to check on this.......warms the cockles o' me 'eart.............. :)

tom Contributor

Em & Patti & Mark & Jack!!!!!!!! Fantastic!! [Edit: & Will & Sophie!!!]

THE biggest smile on me reading Em's account :D

I did NOT wear me bib. But a couple of the pics taken are of just our breasts, and you will have to guess whose are whose. :o

:lol:

So . ....I'm going back & forth on heading down to 'Music in THE Park' right now.

It's at the bigger park that's further away . ... .how much perfume?? Any chance I can get a decent sightline?

It's Pete Escovedo - to me, very famous but I was surprised that roomie John had no idea. Is he only that famous in CA and in latin jazz circles??

jerseyangel Proficient
I bet she'll say the same about you Miss Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:rolleyes:

And right you are, Bev! :D

I can't remember when I've had a nicer evening. Emily and her family are the most delightful people--Em is every bit as phunny as she is here and is so warm and easy to talk to. She's one of those people with a gift for making everyone around her feel so comfortable, as though you've known her forever. And did I mention phunny?? B)

It was so nice to meet her DH Will--what a sweet guy, just the nicest person! Loved talking to Sophie and Jack (The Ripper)--what fantastic kids!!! Both so well mannered and intelligent, it was a pleasure getting to know them.

The hours just flew by, I truly think we could have sat there and talked all night!

The fly in the ointment here is that I can't get a single picture to download onto the board :angry: I've been sitting here at least a half hour--Em, even the breast pic won't load :P Gawd--I've tried everything--I may try and make one my personal picture for now till I can get it to work.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Sillies...didnst get an appointment yesterday hopefully today. My Dr was not in so I didn't want to see the woman who was there I dont like her. My dr knows me and is celiac aware and I feel most comfortable with her.

The coughing is like a dry-non productive cough and it hurts like heck. Jen my nurse neighbor thinks its either bronchitis or pneumonia.....wonderful being I am heading to NY in 3 days for vacation!

PAtti and Em I am glad to hear you guys had a wonderful time! Next time I promise!

Hi Susie! Hope you are doing well.

elye Community Regular
It's Pete Escovedo - to me, very famous but I was surprised that roomie John had no idea. Is he only that famous in CA and in latin jazz circles??

Hope it was some great jazz last night, Ptaoughmghmn.... . .. I've never heard of Mr. Escovedo, but that means absolutely nuttin'! :rolleyes:

PAtti and Em I am glad to hear you guys had a wonderful time! Next time I promise!

We will be holding you to this, Amanda.... :)

Patti, do you think the hotel would have put up with any bigger, maudlin crowd than we were last evening? ;)B)

Took one last, phabulous run through the streets of Philadelphia this am...... . . .

What a tremendous city! :)

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti, do you think the hotel would have put up with any bigger, maudlin crowd than we were last evening? ;)B)

Took one last, phabulous run through the streets of Philadelphia this am...... . . .

What a tremendous city! :)

:P We were quite the group, weren't we? :P

Have a nice, safe trip home--I know Jack's looking forward to those 2 pools tonight ;) Oh, and Mark said to tell him the check's in the mail for the nice comments last night :D The feeling was quite mutual!

Ugh--off to the doctor......back to reality <_<

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

:o :o :lol: :lol: WTH!! :lol: :lol:

So nice to hear that it was so much fun. Makes me happy just hearing you talk about it.

;)

........................:rolleyes::)

........:P.................................. :D:)

:rolleyes:........B):wub: .......... ...;)

.............^_^ ^_^

splash o'cheer

tom Contributor
Hope it was some great jazz last night, Ptaoughmghmn.... . .. I've never heard of Mr. Escovedo, but that means absolutely nuttin'! :rolleyes:

I only caught a few songs but he's always got a good groove goin'.

I bet everyone knows of his daughter anyway .. . ..Sheila E. ???

Ooooooh Amanda, hope you're a lot better soon!! Screw work, you've got vaCAtion to get to!!!!

JESS!!!! What a fantabulous cheery splash!!!! :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Awwww - phabulous psillies in Philly !!!! :D

So glad you all had a great time (AND no doubt relieved that 'Patti' or 'Emily' was who they said they were and not in fact a fat hairy 50 yr old trucker with bad breath kiddin' us all on the net :huh::lol: )

;)

........................:rolleyes::)

........<ahttps://www.celiac.com/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png alt=':P'>.................................. :D:)

:rolleyes:........B):wub: .......... ...;)

.............^_^ ^_^

splash o'cheer

Love this!!

If I knew how I would do one as well ! ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
splash o'cheer

:D Love!

So glad you all had a great time (AND no doubt relieved that 'Patti' or 'Emily' was who they said they were and not in fact a fat hairy 50 yr old trucker with bad breath kiddin' us all on the net :huh::lol: )

Not as relieved as I was! :lol:

It was such a nice visit--I hope someday we can all get together like that :D

Jestgar Rising Star

from our freecycle group:

[freecyclekitsapco] Wanted: Decent pair of electric shavers for SHAVING LLAMA Please

Green12 Enthusiast
I only caught a few songs but he's always got a good groove goin'.

I bet everyone knows of his daughter anyway .. . ..Sheila E. ???

Tom!!! Did you get through it without getting perfumed, or cologned??

Yes, I remember Sheila E., her family is quite the musical family, no?

from our freecycle group:

[freecyclekitsapco] Wanted: Decent pair of electric shavers for SHAVING LLAMA Please

:lol: Jess

Loved yer splash o cheer too!

I have been trying to post a few times this morning in this thread and it's still rather phunky....not sure what is going on? I think it might be because Emily abandoned her post :huh: Hopefully all will return to normal when she gets back home.

Loved hearing from you ladies how your meeting went, like Susie said, it warmed me heart!!

Amanda, I hope you get into the Dr today, that sounds heinous :(

And where is Peter?

jerseyangel Proficient

Julie said "phunky" :lol:

That was phunny :P

psawyer Proficient

I'm at the store, so just kind of lurking and watching for news from Susie (which I have seen, and am very happy about). :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Don't seem to have any phunnee in me today . . . but a friend of mine does:

The Rules of Chocolate

If you've got melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly.

Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices & strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.

The problem: How to get 2 pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car.The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.

Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you'll eat less.

If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.

If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, is that a balanced diet? Don't they actually counteract each other?

Money talks. Chocolate sings. Beautifully.

Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.

A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn't that handy?

If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

I did, and I have. :ph34r:

Now...I must eat dinner..........b@#$%$#% to Edna today!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Jestgar Rising Star

I've decided that my Edna goal is to weigh what I put on my driver's license by my birthday. This, of course, raises other issues such as: What do I put on my driver's license? What I think I can con people into believing?

What I want to weigh next year?

Anything I want cause no one ever looks anyway?

jerseyangel Proficient
I've decided that my Edna goal is to weigh what I put on my driver's license by my birthday.

Gawd :o You have to list yer weight on yer driver's license???

Here we just have to list height and eye color--and that's quite enough! :P

Jestgar Rising Star

:o :o You mean not everyone has to do this!?!?!?

I am so moving to a new state

psawyer Proficient

I have the number 178 on my licence. Oh, weight, that's my me height, in centimeters. :rolleyes:

My eye coloUr would have to be detected by a good eye looking at the foto, which is less than one inch square.

jerseyangel Proficient

Yep--I know for sure that New Jersey and Pennsylvania don't.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Don't bother with Indiana, Jess . . . <_<

Really, it doesn't make much sense to have it on there. We have to renew every four years . . . a lot of weight can be gained and lost (and gained again) in that amount of time.

dlp252 Apprentice
Don't bother with Indiana, Jess . . . <_<

Or California! :angry:<_<

Ridgewalker Contributor
If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.

That one's definitely my favorite! :lol:

You have to in NC, too. I just lie- with total conscience-free abandon. B)

Archived