This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
Feel free to offer up suggestions.

I would, but me head might explode :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular
Sooo, back to trying to figure out how to differentiate endotoxin contamination acting on endogenous TLR4 from a true effect of CD14/MD2 on TLR6.

Well, that depends. . .. . ....are you speaking of endotoxin contamination's influence on anti-GBM antibody induced glomerular injury, or its behavior in recombinant human heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70)?

:huh::huh:

:lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Am I the only goody two shoes here?!? Don't drink, don't smoke.......in fact, I believe Adam Ant wrote a song about me :lol: Never got in trouble or did anything remotely that would be considered against the rules, very boring, sigh.......

You may in fact be (except for Erica, but I don't want to make any assumptions :lol: )! I have gone periods of years without drinking......but am presently in a slightly debauched state. :ph34r:

Sooo, back to trying to figure out how to differentiate endotoxin contamination acting on endogenous TLR4 from a true effect of CD14/MD2 on TLR6.

Please. I finished that before 8 this morning. *yawn* give me something hard.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG - I like how Jess, a scientist, gets to go to work with a non-alarming buzz....... :blink::lol: what in hell? no one cares? :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Well, that depends. . .. . ....are you speaking of endotoxin contamination's influence on anti-GBM antibody induced glomerular injury, or its behavior in recombinant human heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70)?

With regard to malarial infection as measured by a luciferase assay in transfected cells. The cells are measurably deficient in all of the TLRs, but, as you all know, TLR4 is so sensitive that any endogenous expression in conjunction with endotoxin contamination of the purified malarial protein could easily give aberrant results.

Been thinkin' on this one for a while. I'm hoping the source lab actually tested for contamination. They're getting back to me.

Jestgar Rising Star

I'm actually beginning to suspect that pink fru-fru drinks are good for the brain. Kinda like excessive vodka helps you speak Russian.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh, she totally googled that

With regard to malarial infection as measured by a luciferase assay in transfected cells. The cells are measurably deficient in all of the TLRs, but, as you all know, TLR4 is so sensitive that any endogenous expression in conjunction with endotoxin contamination of the purified malarial protein could easily give aberrant results.

Been thinkin' on this one for a while. I'm hoping the source lab actually tested for contamination. They're getting back to me.

I think about that EXACT thing all the time, too!!!!!!!!!!!!! *snigger* :lol: :lol:

:blink:

:wacko:

I'm actually beginning to suspect that pink fru-fru drinks are good for the brain. Kinda like excessive vodka helps you speak Russian.

:lol:

let me see..............do I have anything pink here, wif vodka? no...........

but I CAN speak a few Russian phrases, which are as follows:

Hello, my name is Susan

what is your name?

how are you

I am fine

this is a hand

this is a lamp

....aaannnnnnnd - that's all, pholks. :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
but I CAN speak a few Russian phrases, which are as follows:

this is a hand

this is a lamp

Just on the off chance they hadn't noticed that for themselves.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star
Open Original Shared Link
blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Amanda--it's so weird, I keep having dreams about moving again, looking for homes, etc. It's bizarre--I had another one just this AM before I woke up. What in hell???? :unsure:

Wow- I am just reading now since today was one of those days at work....Are you sure you aren't living my dreams? Did any of the houses look nice??? We go again tomorrow night--please keep fingers crossed!!!!

I saw Jen's new townhouse today it is very cute and cozy, she is soo excited :):):)

More later off to shower :)

getting chilly here

tom Contributor

Dr today:

Another useless exercise in futility, aggravation & general d%$#@#$baggery.

He *really* doesn't listen well.

Not sure why we couldn't have done it over the phone.

Mostly just said some unknown non-cancerous thingy (1.8 x 1.5 x 2.6 cm) betw the pancreas & upper duodenum should get an MRI or MRCP.

Nothing about the intestinal ridge/lump that prompted the CT, except pointing to the sentence on the report that says nothing was seen there.

Argh

SOMEthing's there!!!! :angry:

Guess I'll probably be keeping the appt at the Mayo Clinic (Phx) Nov 6th.

Me burgeoning silly's waned & vanished.. .. .

curlyfries Contributor

Am I the only goody two shoes here?!? Don't drink, don't smoke.......in fact, I believe Adam Ant wrote a song about me :lol: Never got in trouble or did anything remotely that would be considered against the rules, very boring, sigh.......

:ph34r: ......Lisa slowiy raising her hand........when I was in HS, kids would even apologize for cussing around me ( totally not necessary), and my mom tried to find an alcoholic drink I'd like so I could be more social. <_< ......was still a teenager, btw.

I did get in trouble once in 5th grade for writing on the side of the school building with a dandelion :P ..........don't laugh........after all, it was the late 60's.

Oh sure.........but can you say it in sign language? :P ..............how about Russian?

Actually, I'd just like to see you drunk-type it! :lol:

curlyfries Contributor
Dr today:

POOPY COW, Ptaughmn!!!

I know what it's like to want some kind of diagnosis, even if it's bad news, because you know something is wrong, and all you want is an answer.

Don't let this setback keep you away......it's the best time to stay in touch with your friends........OK that didn't sound quite right.

ANY time is the best time to stay in touch........you're psilly friends want you here in good times AND in bad........we're always here for you. :)

elye Community Regular
this is a hand

this is a lamp

Oh, thank GAWD you have those sentences memorized! The most oft-used sentences by tourists, I am sure of it. Think of how often you may need to tell someone in Moscow what that thing with the light bulb is on the table over there? And hey, they may not all know what those things are at the end of yer arms. .. . ..

Me burgeoning silly's waned & vanished.. .. .

Ptaoughmghmn. .. . ... :(:(

Sorry this was a crummy appointment. You didn't need any more run-around, half-listening docs tapping their fingers and looking askance. . ..

Blood work to come, though. . ..

I did get in trouble once in 5th grade for writing on the side of the school building with a dandelion :P .........

OMG. . . .. ... . like, groovy, man. .. . ...... :lol:

Oh sure.........but can you say it in sign language? ..............how about Russian?

I could conjugate the verb tenses... . . .....now THAT would be exciting. . .. . .

Mtndog Collaborator

Did someone mention vodka? Little Britain?

I have to thank all of you for the sweet thoughts and emails. I really needed it! You guys are the best! (uhm, just took a med that has gluten in it so you might have to remind me in about 48 hours that SOMEDAY I will be a semi-normal human :(<_< )

Amanda- LOVE the trip with your mom idea! Do it now when you still can. I took some great trips with my mom and will always have those great memories- Nantucket, MA/RI coastal wine trail, Maine.

One of the funniest memories I have is of the 2 of us getting on a boat that would overnight you to Nantucket. The crew were making fun of a whale watch boat that had a small fire earlier that day and had to be evacuated by the Coast Guard. We settle in (the only passengers) and 5 minutes later our boat caught fire. They put it out and asked us if we still wanted to go. We both burst out laughing and said "No way!"

Hershey's chocolate tastes like toliet poo! they just are continuing to disappoint the community that was built on their product. Thankfully I only work in Hershey- I live outside this area :)

Embarrassed to admit I still seem to like toilet poo if it has peanut butter. I am REALLY disappointed in Hersheys though. SO LAME!!!!!!!

Ah! This description is perfect for the English countryside I often see in me mind . .. ... . with Heathcliff striding through the misty, swampy hills, wind billowing up his black cloak .. . . . . :lol:

Mygawd. . . . . in the last two weeks, I have suddenly had several appearaces in some foggy dreams of my ex-boyfriend from twenty years ago . . . . . :ph34r: What in hell is HE doing there? There he is, as I turn a corner or walk outside. Last night he told me that he is breeding....get ready. . . .ducks for a living. :huh: Then, in a horrific moment, I suddenly felt a back molar come free, and it came out!! :huh::huh:

Holy crap. This probably means that my house is going to flood, or that my mom's gonna call me tonight, er sumfin. . . . . . ...... :lol::rolleyes:

Oh, Heathcliff!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE that book (one of my two faves!). Oh no...all these dreams. I still dream weekly about my first boyfriend (6th grade!) and I ran into him once and almost dropped dead. Must see if he is on facebook :ph34r: :ph34r:

Susie- I LOVE your dream!!!!! And apparently I share your love of toilet poo, rainy snuggly days and your dislike of musicals (Chicago=Torture but Moulin Rouge was torture on steroids!!!!!!!!!!!

No worse than my ''hi!! It's Nicola Bennett (as was) from school...didn't we get caught smoking round the bike sheds?'' lol

:lol: OMG I am sooo lame <snort>

:lol: :lol:

OH YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Aw crap, Pataghumn.....I know exactly where you're coming from on this. It's awful to go through everything.... explaining, talking, testing, waiting, more waiting.... and come up with no answers. I just don't know....I'm sorry he dragged you all the way in for that.

Whoever said no news is good news obviously has never been through anything like this <_<

And you were just getting a smidgen of yer sillie back......bah :angry:

jerseyangel Proficient
I could conjugate the verb tenses... . . .....now THAT would be exciting. . .. . .

Be still me heart! :D

tom Contributor
I did get in trouble once in 5th grade for writing on the side of the school building with a dandelion :P

Coming soon to a venue near you:

The Dandelion Vandals!!

<_<

P.S. Thx everybody .. ..I really expected the doc to say or do something worthwhile to warrant the office visit - especially w/ the immediate appt.

curlyfries Contributor
Coming soon to a venue near you:

The Dandelion Vandals!!

<_<

Oh yes :D That was the beginning of what we now call grafitti, don't you know!.......and I did have a partner in crime. We couldn't understand what the big deal was.......we were drawing purty pictures......and the next rain would've washed it away.....but Noooo!.....we had to wash it all off. My creative expression was stifled. :angry:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Open Original Shared Link

:lol: weezee would NEVER cheat on me.....pretty much glued to my side.

Although, she HAS eagerly jumped in the back seat of Jenn's car..........and was quite reluctant to exit, one time.......

:o:unsure:

Dr today:

:(:angry:

Not medical DOUCHEBAGGERY!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh so sorry about this. I am so pleased that you're going to Mayo, though...obviously there IS some mass there and, I think they're at least good enough to find it.

and, ya still got SOME silly, you came up with newest band name,

The Dandelion Vandals! :lol:

that Curly Lisa, what a MISCREANT!!!!!!!!! :lol:

ANY time is the best time to stay in touch........you're psilly friends want you here in good times AND in bad........we're always here for you. :)

exactly :wub:

Susie- I LOVE your dream!!!!! And apparently I share your love of toilet poo, rainy snuggly days and your dislike of musicals (Chicago=Torture but Moulin Rouge was torture on steroids!!!!!!!!!!!

OH

MA

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have never heard that expressed better........thought I was going to STAB MYSELF watching Moulin Rouge.....someone (a guy who clearly did not know me well) bought me some triple-disc set of that director or filmmaker, who did Moulin Rouge......I watched 10 minutes of it and thought I might surely die.......so that's all I've seen. Pure, utter, complete, cacophonous, heinosity.

BEVVY! You're on gluten meds? what in hell? what are you taking?

loved that story of yer mum. :wub: My mom and I should travel, it's just that I have a Weezle and she has three high-maintenance cats.......

Be still me heart!

:lol: Patti

Well sillies, I suppose I'll turn on the telly adn watch some ridiculous celebrity gossip now. <_<Quelle pathetic life......

hey, where's Peter been?

AND THERE"S GIA-KNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome back, goof! Didja drink lots of pink fou-fou vodka drinks wif umbrellas in them? And start speakin' Russian? :P

elye Community Regular
:huh: There's enough stuff in a dandelion to paint on brick walls? Hmm...well, there's enough to make wine apparently.. .. . . . ...you should have sucked on them a bit before you began creating - - some reeeeaaallly groovy pics, I'd bet.. . . . . ..... :lol:
Mtndog Collaborator
Dr today:

Nothing about the intestinal ridge/lump that prompted the CT, except pointing to the sentence on the report that says nothing was seen there.

Argh

SOMEthing's there!!!! :angry:

Guess I'll probably be keeping the appt at the Mayo Clinic (Phx) Nov 6th.

Oh Ptaum- That IS d%$#@#$baggery.......I'm so sorry you had to go for NO good reason. YES- keep that appt at Mayo. And you don't need to be psilly to hang out wif us- we love you either way!!

The GLUTEN filled med is Provigil. WTF?

curlyfries Contributor

Moulin Rouge......I didn't get very far either :blink:

Janet, you say?......Oops, I'm not ready!.......and whose job is it to roll out the red carpet?

Ptaughm.......where is that crown?.....come on people......look alive!

Darn210 Enthusiast

OH MY GAWD!!!!!

You guys are puttin me through the ringer with all this reading and you know what I'm talking about!! I've been reading for about 3 hours and have finished it ALL!!! . . . Can't remember sh!t, but I read it all!!!

Tom!! I'm so happy to see you posting and so sorry that you had such a lame appt. Keep working on it . . . the answers will come.

Poopy Cow Bev . . . the glutening now on top of everything else . . . :( . . . hope things get better quick!!

Hugs for all me psilliles . . . :wub:

OK Emily, fork over the sceptor . . . I mean it!! . . . and where the hell did you get that guy blowing a trumpet and "announcing" you everywhere you go? We don't have a budget for that!!

Night all . . . I'm exhausted and by the looks of it, I have about 43 loads of laundry to do tomorrow.

Darn210 Enthusiast

OH!! . . . and I looooovvvvvveeeeed Chicago!! One of the few DVD's I own. Did not care for MooLon Rooj.

curlyfries Contributor
OH MY GAWD!!!!!

You guys are puttin me through the ringer with all this reading and you know what I'm talking about!! I've been reading for about 3 hours and have finished it ALL!!! . . . Can't remember sh!t, but I read it all!!!

Welcome back, Janet! So I guess I'm off the hook for a summary, huh? Whew!.........Well, the official Psillyville Psummary would probably have only been a few lines long, anyway.

...........................it only took you 3 hours? ;)

Archived