This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

CarlaB Enthusiast

<----- million dollar necklace! (and horrible picture of me!)

I knew I lost some hair, but it's unbelievable to me how thin it was in this picture ... the piano player at church was marveling a couple weeks ago at how much thicker it is now ... I didn't realize how right she was till I saw this picture. It's funny how you have to see a picture of yourself to "see" yourself. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast
I think "mind the gap" has something to do with the Tube (that underground transportation thing-y everyone rides in London)??? :huh: Nikkeigh - help us - -

Yes, at 'Bank' station (the financial area of London funnily enough ;) ) the platform curves away from the train so there is a gap as you step off.

The voice on the tannoy says 'MIND THE GAP - STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS PLEASE'

Carla!! Even in (your opinion) 'bad' pics you look FAB!! :)

Has Jestgar given up on the thong??

Will Susie go to Chicago??

Staying tuned......

CarlaB Enthusiast

Nah, I don't look FAB, that million + of diamonds and rare rubies does! :D But thanks for saying that. ;)

Jestgar Rising Star
(that underground transportation thing-y everyone rides in London)???

and with one sentence she dismisses the oldest underground transport thingy in the world. I believe they used to pull the cars with horses (and maybe it wasn't underground then, Nikki?)

I need some therapy before trying the thong again. And the ultralite on the website only came in small, and extra small, so probably won't be doing any online shopping for that one.

I'm still working my way out of the granny undies (well, not literally, they come off much more easily than those thongs do). Trying some boy cut lace things. Glad I didn't wear a skirt today 'cause these babies tend to slide down. I thought about using some spray on glue, but then you really have to limit your coffee consumption in the morning. ;) I guess maybe they aren't designed for hiking uphill in. Should be fine in the lab, although I might have to limit which experiments I do. I can't exactly stop and pull up my underwear in the middle of a 384 well assay.

tom Contributor

Hmmmm a bit more thong chat than I need, but at least more non-thong posts are 'creeping' back in.

Open Original Shared Link

My new avatar will be . . . .. .which again? Ultrimite huh? :P:lol:

:huh: I forgot how to paste something and then write this for you to click on it. :lol:

Hmm I gotta add spaces so it won't take this as code .. . .

[ url=Open Original Shared Link[ /url]

I keep such reference pasteables in a handy txt file. (Not that that does YOU any good - just something to maybe show ya someday)

and get this, I have an all-expenses paid trip to chicago coming up, and don't even want to go....don't even bloody care. :huh: such a slovenly old Hag am I, not even wishing to get out of her comfort zone. :lol::ph34r:

I think u know what I think overall, but why imply one measly comfort zone? Bump up "all-expenses paid trip" to a pampered one, and we have another comfort zone!!

I LOVE Chicago!

<tom grew up there and loves it more hehe :P >

Great Chicago stories Carla!!! (Bummer on the lost post - I thought the double-back maneuver off the [bACK] button's drop-down was gonna *prevent* all future occurrences of this!!)

Chicago is supposed to be in September. I just don't really care and it seems like too much effort (a three-night trip at a FABULOUS hotel).......I don't know what to wear in Chicago. :lol: :lol: :lol: Probably not my usual scroungy stuff and flip-flops.

um, what the heck would I do there? (other than museums)......as of now I have decided I don't even care......talk me into going? :) I am SO not a city girl.........harrumph......

I do get the "harrumph", but "SO not a city girl" should be about not wanting to LIVE in one - not about not wanting to VISIT one, partaking in all its glory.

Just walking around, the public art and the architecture alone are worth a visit. But YOU, my dear, have an opportunity to more fully take advantage of the myriad of cultural offerings. --*Nueva York ain't the only city w/ Theatre.

*So many great musical venues, I *know* there's something you'd love.

*The WindyCityWineFestival is that wkend - yes, thru the night.

*Art Institute by day, winefest by night. How much more ding-nacious can a day be? (Sorry, mojitofest was last wk) And I do believe you don't realize how much the Art Institute will blow you away.

*And I swear you'd even enjoy a Cubs game. Smallest park in the majors so no scary giant crowds :P and it's not known as the friendly confines for nothing. Hit Murphy's Bleachers before and after, then walk to La Paloma on Clark for the gluten-free Queso Fundido et al.

OMG I could go on and on . . . . . .and on . . . . . .. . .

Q: What to wear in Sep Chi-town?

A: Whatever you wear in winter in Clovisburg.

Then again it might be 80. Check forecast day before.

Open Original Shared Link

Nah, I don't look FAB, that million + of diamonds and rare rubies does! :D But thanks for saying that. ;)

I thought it was a great pic and I didn't even notice the jewelry!!! :)

tom --> :wub: --> sannozay!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Trying some boy cut lace things. Glad I didn't wear a skirt today 'cause these babies tend to slide down. I thought about using some spray on glue, but then you really have to limit your coffee consumption in the morning. ;) I guess maybe they aren't designed for hiking uphill in. Should be fine in the lab, although I might have to limit which experiments I do. I can't exactly stop and pull up my underwear in the middle of a 384 well assay.

Maybe the pair you got is too big? Umm, I don't have a problem with those either. :P

<tom grew up there and loves it more hehe :P >

Great Chicago stories Carla!!! (Bummer on the lost post - I thought the double-back maneuver off the [bACK] button's drop-down was gonna *prevent* all future occurrences of this!!)

Yeah, I wish it worked. :blink:

I do get the "harrumph", but "SO not a city girl" should be about not wanting to LIVE in one - not about not wanting to VISIT one, partaking in all its glory.

Just walking around, the public art and the architecture alone are worth a visit. But YOU, my dear, have an opportunity to more fully take advantage of the myriad of cultural offerings. --*Nueva York ain't the only city w/ Theatre.

*So many great musical venues, I *know* there's something you'd love.

*The WindyCityWineFestival is that wkend - yes, thru the night.

*Art Institute by day, winefest by night. How much more ding-nacious can a day be? (Sorry, mojitofest was last wk) And I do believe you don't realize how much the Art Institute will blow you away.

*And I swear you'd even enjoy a Cubs game. Smallest park in the majors so no scary giant crowds :P and it's not known as the friendly confines for nothing. Hit Murphy's Bleachers before and after, then walk to La Paloma on Clark for the gluten-free Queso Fundido et al.

OMG I could go on and on . . . . . .and on . . . . . .. . .

Q: What to wear in Sep Chi-town?

A: Whatever you wear in winter in Clovisburg.

Then again it might be 80. Check forecast day before.

Ya' know, Susie, I think there are a few of us here who would gladly take your all-expense-paid trip to Chicago! ;) And, ditto on the Art Institute.

I haven't been to the theater in Chicago ... in Bloomington we would get all the shows and big names ... it was so much easier to see the theater there. :) We'd eat dinner downtown, then walk to the theater.

I thought it was a great pic and I didn't even notice the jewelry!!! :)

Thanks. I think I hate it because of the hair (and poor lighting). I have VERY thick hair, and it had thinned out so much ... I had JUST lost 15 pounds, which seems to have caused my hair to fall out. Good thing I had so much to begin with ...

Well, it's a temporary avatar ... just to show off that incredible jewelry. The guy then showed us other stuff he thought was in our price range ... I guess he thought we were good for about $70k ... that was the range he was pitching us on.

Same thing happened in Beverly Hills ... when I would be there for work, no one would talk to me, but when I would be there on my day off and wearing jeans and a t-shirt, everyone would want to sell me something.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Jess, nice avatar ... did you take that picture? What a horrible pair of shorts!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor
. . . . I think there are a few of us here who would gladly take your all-expense-paid trip to Chicago! ;) And, ditto on the Art Institute.

Ohhhhhh ya

One cousin of mine still there, unfailingly w/in 2min of a call, extends his very enthusiastic invite to use the guestroom every time I talk to him. "Anytime!! Stay as long as you want!!!"

Gonna take him up on it, too. And he always says he'll get Bears tix if they're playing at home.

He's done well enough that I'll let him!!! ;)

I'm almost ready to check the Bears' sched and book a flight after all this Chicago talk!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
The guy then showed us other stuff he thought was in our price range ... I guess he thought we were good for about $70k ... that was the range he was pitching us on.

Maybe before your hair thinned you looked like a million bucks....

My mom sent me a series of photos of men looking really bad entitled "why some women don't marry"

The thong shorts just seemed appropriate.

I'm thinking maybe I should give up on underwear entirely and just have something tattooed on.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Maybe before your hair thinned you looked like a million bucks....

Or maybe he just thought I needed expensive jewelry to distract from the thin hair.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
and with one sentence she dismisses the oldest underground transport thingy in the world. I believe they used to pull the cars with horses (and maybe it wasn't underground then, Nikki?)

Ummm, well yes, but in the roads.....steam trains were first used on the London Underground.

I need some therapy before trying the thong again.

OMG!!! Consult a shrink at once....you need to get DE- sensitized ;):lol:

I'm still working my way out of the granny undies (well, not literally, they come off much more easily than those thongs do). Trying some boy cut lace things. Glad I didn't wear a skirt today 'cause these babies tend to slide down. I thought about using some spray on glue, but then you really have to limit your coffee consumption in the morning. ;) I guess maybe they aren't designed for hiking uphill in. Should be fine in the lab, although I might have to limit which experiments I do. I can't exactly stop and pull up my underwear in the middle of a 384 well assay.

Mmmm, can't help but think then that it's gonna HAVE to be the Granny knicks whilst at the lab B)

Or maybe he just thought I needed expensive jewelry to distract from the thin hair.

Yeah..he took one look and thought ''that poor woman needs bling...LOOK at her hair!!!!'' :lol: ....NOT!!!!!! SILLY!!!!!!!

BTW, Jestgar.....LURVVVE the new avatar!!!! :lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Nikki, great picture!! All you need is a hat and you'd be ready for the Queen's garden tea party.

dlp252 Apprentice
I'm thinking maybe I should give up on underwear entirely and just have something tattooed on.

Nah, just go commando! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

I don't know, the tattoed on would be reminiscent of Demi Moore's naked Vanity Fair cover with her painted body ... that might be better than commando.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Ok folks, I'm off on my annual travels tomorrow (we are going to Turkey :unsure: ) for 2 weeks.

Carry on!!! :D:D

Gassy Lady

Once upon a time there lived a woman in Brampton who had a maddening passion for baked beans. She loved them, but unfortunately they always gave her a very embarrassing, and somewhat lively reaction. When it became apparent that she and her boyfriend would marry she thought to herself, "He is such a sweet and gentle man but I don't think he can live with my problems." So she decided to make the supreme sacrifice and give up beans.

A year later her car broke down on the way home from work. Since she lived in the country, she called her husband and told him she would be late because she had to walk home.

On her way, she passed a small diner and the odor of the baked beans was more than she could stand. Since she still had miles to walk, she figured that she could walk off any ill effect by the time she reached home. So she stopped at the diner, and before she knew it she had consumed three large orders of baked beans. All the way home she putt-putted.

Upon arriving home she felt reasonably sure she could control it. Her husband seemed excited to see her, exclaming delightedly, "Darling I have a surprise for dinner tonight."

He then blindfolded her then led her to a chair at the table. Just as he was about to remove the blindfold the phone rang. He made her promise not to touch the blindfold till he came back. Then he went to answer the phone.

The baked beans she had consumed were still affecting her and the pressure was becoming almost unbearable, so while her husband was out of the room she seized the opportunity, shifted the weight to one leg, and let it go.

It was not only loud, but it smelt like a fertilizer truck running over a skunk coming froma pulp mill.

She took a napkin and fanned the air around her vigorously. Then she shifted to the other cheek and ripped three more, which reminded her of cabbage cooking.

Keeping her ears turned to the conversation in the other room, she went on like this for another ten minutes. When the phone farewells signed the end of her freedom, she fanned the air a few more times with the napkin, placed it on her lap and folded her hands upon it, smiling contently to herself, she was the picture of innocence when her husband returned.

Apologizing for taking so long, he asked her if she peeked and she assured him that she had not.

At this point, he removes the blindfold to reveal twelve dinner guests seated around the table to wish her a first Happy Anniversary!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Nikki, have a wonderful vacation. I hear Istanbul is beautiful.

and -- :lol::lol::lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

Have fun. Eat lots of turkish delight. Cruise the bosphoros. Hang out in the Blue mosque and watch all the tourists.

elye Community Regular

Okay.....Bonjour from Gay Paree...

Now, THIS is a city for an artist! And a really bohemian one, like myself...although I don't smoke, spatter paint on a canvas or wear ponchos.

I'm sampling the very fine, inexpensive wine, eating the typical tourist lunch (brie minus the baguette) and lots of very tasty fruit. Culture shock here, for sure, that I did not feel in England. We're heading on the metro today, so we'll see if there's a gap to be mindful of here.

A dieu! ;)

tom Contributor
Okay.....Bonjour from Gay Paree...

Hehe Emily!! Bonjour!!

I've never been to Europe, so I'm plenty envious of your trip. I've so loved even the business trips to asian countries, I just KNOW I'd have an incredible time all over Europe. I think 6 or 7 trips ought to be enough. :lol:

Now, THIS is a city for an artist! And a really bohemian one, like myself...although I don't smoke, spatter paint on a canvas or wear ponchos.

I think I lost my poncho, and I guess I should finally admit . . . I really should again quit . . .uhh . .. .spattering paint? <_<B)

Nikki!! LOL on the blindfold!

You Euros sure get great vacation spots that aren't *too* far away!!

Can u sing part of the Constantinople song for me while there? ;):lol:

Reminds me how the 14yr old who entertained me so much on a recent flight had a funny reference in her little "twisted princess fairy-tale" book. A Giant was reading a book titled "They Might Be Dwarves" !! :lol::lol:

The history in Istanbul is amazing. A recent series on our History Channel went into how it was even the capitol of the Roman Empire for decades, at *least*, while Rome was being attacked too often by Barbarians of all sorts. Those wacky mischievous Vandals, for one.

(And yes, maybe I should've taken more History classes in the 1st place, instead of now relying on The History Channel :lol: but I WAS pretty busy w/ Physics & Math et al!!!!!!!)

CarlaB Enthusiast
(And yes, maybe I should've taken more History classes in the 1st place, instead of now relying on The History Channel :lol: but I WAS pretty busy w/ Physics & Math et al!!!!!!!)

Yeah, those dates were always hard to remember in History! I could do all the problems in math, science, etc. without ever memorizing a formula -- I just understood how it was done, but I can't remember a simple date.

tom Contributor

Ahhhhhh Carla . . . . .

That "brain came home" post of yours yesterday on OMG still kinda gives me chills just thinking about it. :) :)

I cannot overstate how important I think it is to now not eat any of what I call the "tolerables".

The transitory delight for the tastebuds just isn't in the league of the lasting AND still improving brain clarity.

I'm 9 weeks in and still thrilled EVERY day. Although I haven't been talking to my sister a lot, I heard yesterday from my mom that my sister was saying she thinks I'm happier than I've EVER been in my entire 45 yrs. I didn't know it was that evident over the phone.

Anyway - I think you may have another week or 2 of continuously feeling MORE lucid etc every day, if it goes like my brain "wake-up" went. I sure hope it does. :)

I so so so so SO highly recommend skipping any foods that are not 100% absolutely proven to be good for you. Not just 'not bad'.

(Curious about whether you had any agave syrup in the few days before writing "brain came home". <arrgh plz don't take that wrong>)

[This is like a practice post hehe :lol:

Now I've got to figure out how to word it in the OMG thread w/out potentially offending those who think 3lbs of cookies in 2days isn't detrimental]

Jestgar Rising Star
Now I've got to figure out how to word it in the OMG thread w/out potentially offending those who think 3lbs of cookies in 2days isn't detrimental]

uhh, it's a food tolerance test. You gotta make sure there's nothing in there that will make you feel bad.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Jess - - kitties????? did you get kitties??? :rolleyes: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so cute! Although I do miss the photo of the thong-shorted wonder (upon pondering that hideous sight, I am thinking that he was in the famous Bay-to-Breakers run/walk in San Francisco - - did that one year and lots of people do it NUDE - - I took photos - - they were utterly disgusting, somehow the NUDES in the event were NOT the ones w/ nice physiques) :lol:

carry on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got nothin' to say.

Jestgar Rising Star

Kitties!! I pick them up tomorrow!

They're meth kitties, so I'm prepared for a few behavioral issues...(keep the carpeted rooms closed)

tom Contributor
uhh, it's a food tolerance test. You gotta make sure there's nothing in there that will make you feel bad.

Hi Jess,

I'm real sure u didn't read what I was referring to. It was completely impulsive, and definitely not a test.

Hehe Susie - that Bay-to-Breakers race is simply insane and so hilarious. Parts of it truly resemble a mass escape/'mad' dash from an asylum!!!! :lol:

Archived