This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Oh he has mastered that facial expression! He does the arched brow and eye squint like no other!!!

I like to look out for the flared nostril also, now that is talent if they can throw that in there too.

:lol: :lol: Plugh-ish brain forgot to comment on this earlier but OMG, yes, he really does have that nostril flare down..........I daresay that he is the worst actor on TV, by far.......and yet, there he is, on this show for........decades? dunno

poor Pthaum :lol: acting career thwarted by failing nostril

AND THERE HE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!! unshaven, yes, but we can see yer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P yay! Hope Mayo has some answers for ya........

Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone interested. The Omega 3 that I got for him is formulated for kids, and I believe it is primarily cod liver oil. I give them to Luke sometimes too, although he can't swallow pills easily yet (yup, he's older, but he gags on them.) So he prefers to CHEW them. :shudder:

SARAH!!!!!!!!! good to hear this bit of good news......and, thanks for the tip, I think I"ll look into it!!!!!! :)

Open Original Shared Link

:lol: Some friends and I have discussed inventing an Electronic Device Blocker Kit for Breakups - this is something you would install on every phone/cellphone/computer you own or access - any device which would allow you to contact your psycho ba$tard :angry: ex.....you'd install it for however long......friends also have to be in compliance and NEVER allow you to use THEIR devices for contact also. Good idea, eh? :lol: could we make millions?

To mark this big day for the students and the amount of work they have put into this section, I would ask everyone to please use as many frequency adverbs/expressions as possible in today's upcoming posts.

Okay....this will please you, I think..........

I have, and we have no idea why, added an -ly to my friend Karen's name since we were about 15.......so since then, I have never, not ONCE, called her Karen........it's always Karenly..... and she and her husband always ALWAYS called me Schmooz, until, as I think you all know, I got my celiac dx, and it has been Spruezie since then...........

so - Karenly means - "in a Karen manner" :lol: but we have no idea why............

oh, and it's pronounced with a lilt.......stressing last syllable and......with a slight questioning intonation.....

"kaaaren-LEE?" :lol:

SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back to the living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ecstaticface:

where IS everyone this morn????????????????????????????

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast

Meant to say how great Em's av is!!!

Good luck Phataughmn today!!

Where's our paddeigh??? Is she ok??? :unsure: ....she's not lost in a spacebook vortex (trying to 'accept' the 40,000 'Happy hour' drinksno doubt :lol: )

Gah. Giving a big test today on adverbs of frequency - - horrid, boring stuff, and there are always SO many questions and problems.

Always

Usually

Frequently

Often

Occasionally

Sometimes

Rarely

Hardly

Never

I always get up at 6.30am, I usually 'snooze' the alarm once - frequently wishing I could stay in bed for hours more.

Often, the cats sleep on my bed, occasionally sleeping on my son's bed.

Sometimes I wake up fully refreshed and wide awake when the alarm goes off, but that rarely happens <_<

Hardly a day goes by without me wanting to have a daytime nap!!!

I could never be described as a night owl

How did I do Miss???? :lol:

Can you tell I'm tired (& cranky) :yawn:.....slight ennui this time of year............I think it's the lack of light......I'm going to resume taking me St John's Wort 'til the lighter days come

I saved son of silly from a scatalogical disaster today........the school were going to make him a toasted cheese sandwich (admittedly with gluten-free bread) but IN the breville iron they make all the gluten ones!!!!!!!! :o (it's ok isn't it??....we'll wipe off any crumbs!!!!)

OMGaawd - at the last minute they decided to call me to cheQUE :rollingeyes:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

More this old brain phorgot:

SARAH!!!!!.....my goodness you sound so much MORE upbeat!!!!!!.....it's great to hear you are getting on, and the boys are good :D

Jess's Gmail drunk detector :lol:

Spr

jerseyangel Proficient
Hope Mayo has some answers for ya........

As do I Pataughmn! :D

I saved son of silly from a scatalogical disaster today........the school were going to make him a toasted cheese sandwich (admittedly with gluten-free bread) but IN the breville iron they make all the gluten ones!!!!!!!! :o (it's ok isn't it??....we'll wipe off any crumbs!!!!)

OMGaawd - at the last minute they decided to call me to cheQUE :rollingeyes:

That WAS a close one! How great that they called you :rolleyes:

More this old brain phorgot:

Don't pheel bad, Nik--I thought I posted here this morning :blink: Must be like when sunphin's a habit, you sometimes do it wifout even realizing it--only in reverse :lol::lol:B)

Mtndog Collaborator

I SEE Ptaum!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go get yer Mayo (and I hope it goes well!)

So more waiting, Amanda! :( So sorry. . . . ....

Stay strong and brave! Take care o' yer mom and the little ones. . . ..

Amanda- thinking of you :wub: :wub:

Hi Sarah--

I'm sorry that things are still quite dicey, but wow--are you doing great under the circumstances!!

Thanks for the update--I think of you so often. Great plan to work as a volunteer at the school--you'll get to know everyone and when an opening comes up you'll get phirst dibs.

Sarah- Ditto- so happy to hear from you! So proud that you are keepping up keeping up!!!! :wub:

Open Original Shared Link

Mail Googles :lol: :lol:

Emily- You gys don't dress like that every day? :lol:

Mornin' gang!

Gah. Giving a big test today on adverbs of frequency - - horrid, boring stuff, and there are always SO many questions and problems.

Always

Usually

Frequently

Often

Occasionally

Sometimes

Rarely

Hardly

Never

To mark this big day for the students and the amount of work they have put into this section, I would ask everyone to please use as many frequency adverbs/expressions as possible in today's upcoming posts.

Uhmm, I pee with great phrequency? :huh::o:lol:

elye Community Regular

Soooozie's no longer phloozie! Excellent - - and as a bonus, you've certainly dropped about five pounds .. . . . this will come back on when you drink a glass of water. <_<

so - Karenly means - "in a Karen manner" .. but we have no idea why............

oh, and it's pronounced with a lilt.......stressing last syllable and......with a slight questioning intonation.....

"kaaaren-LEE?"

:lol: This is terrific. . . . . ...but I cannot stop hearing it completely differently. I hear a strong stress on the first syllable, with a typical, gunshot-type English pronunciation - - NO lilt, just a fade into schwa. . .....

KAR - en - lee.........

:lol::lol: Stupendous ! A lovely new word.

i think we should apply this wordy horseplay (thank you, Nik) to all of the Psilly names that will take it, and add to our vocabulary....

SU - sie - ly

Pattily

Amandaly

Janetly

Judyly (hmmm. ..nope, too awkward. . . sorry, judy)

Ptaoughmghmnussly (Two more letters! Excellent)......

Lisaly

Lauraly

...and on it should go. . .. ...

I always get up at 6.30am, I usually 'snooze' the alarm once - frequently wishing I could stay in bed for hours more.

Often, the cats sleep on my bed, occasionally sleeping on my son's bed.

Sometimes I wake up fully refreshed and wide awake when the alarm goes off, but that rarely happens <_<

Hardly a day goes by without me wanting to have a daytime nap!!!

I could never be described as a night owl

How did I do Miss???? :lol:

Phan-bloody-tastic. Why can't my students create exercise paragraphs like this??

Oh .. . . right. . . . they dunno English . . . .... <_<

jerseyangel Proficient
i think we should apply this wordy horseplay (thank you, Nik) to all of the Psilly names that will take it, and add to our vocabulary....

What phun!! Wordy horseplay!! :D

Yes, I must agree that Judyly is a bit of a moufphul.....as is moufphul :unsure: .....anyway heretophor we shall call her Judithly. Kinda rolls off the tongue, mefinks. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Judyly (hmmm. ..nope, too awkward. . . sorry, judy)

Some more rejects.....

Beverlyly

Nicolaly

Emilyly

....but most gleephul that we added 2 more letter to Ptaum (and all it's variations) :lol:

Mtndog Collaborator
Some more rejects.....

Beverlyly

Nicolaly

Emilyly

....but most gleephul that we added 2 more letter to Ptaum (and all it's variations) :lol:

Reject- :sob:sob:

Nikkily sounds like merrily!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me hubby works phine- Kurtly!

Ridgewalker Contributor
Sarah!!! so good to see you posting . . . and now I see you reading so I hope I catch you wif me question . . .

How soon did you (and yer son's teachers) start noticing a difference wif the Omega-3??

Oops, sorry I missed this last night! I was pretty sure I was seeing a difference in a week, but in two weeks there was no doubt in my mind! It was about the same time table for his teachers. I didn't say anything to his teachers ahead of time, or tell them about the Omega 3s... I just waited to see if they noticed any difference-- and they did, enough to mention it to me.

The brand I have been giving him is Nordic Naturals. I got it at Whole Foods, in the children's supplement section- about 13 bucks for 90 softgels. It's a blue and white bottle that says Children's DHA in rainbow colors. It has no gluten, milk, yeast, artificial colors or flavors.

Let me know what you think if you decide to try it out! :D

jerseyangel Proficient
Nicolaly

Sounds like it rhymes wif ukulele!! :P

Ridgewalker Contributor
So good to hear from you, Sarah. Just a thought, but have you considered being a substitute teacher? My daughter's boyfriend was desperate for a job and applied in our school district and got accepted immediately........they are always needing subs. He hasn't gotten his degree yet, so the pay is not as much as someone with one. At least he's working.

Actually I have been thinking about that! I checked the requirements, and I already have enough credit hours. Something about never knowing when I'm going to be working puts me off, but I've been thinking I should do it anyway... quit being so chickenly. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
Actually I have been thinking about that! I checked the requirements, and I already have enough credit hours. Something about never knowing when I'm going to be working puts me off, but I've been thinking I should do it anyway... quit being so chickenly. ;)

In the district where I worked, they call at around 6:15AM and you can always decline if you really can't work that day. It's pretty good money, too.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Sounds like it rhymes wif ukulele!! :P

Why yes!! What phun wordage!!!! :lol:

Hubby : Terencely.............wait! what about Telly (Tel-LEE) :lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

And Sarah Lee!!!!!!!!

sarah- I subbed too- that was the best part- you can always say you're busy that day!

THERE IS NOTHING CHICKENLY about how you've handled things- you are brave and strong lady!!!!!!!! :D

tom Contributor

So nobody remembers Ned's Atomic Dustbin???

Knik's leaky faucet - hmmm post 2727 was today - any significance to 27?

It's 1264 away from your member # - anyone near &/or dear born in Dec '64?

Some more rejects.....

Beverlyly

Nicolaly

Emilyly

I beg to differ, offering minor variations:

Bevvily-wevvily or Boehvly

Nikerlerly

Emly? Mly? <_<

Well, Ptaoughmghmnuss may get some answers at Mayo - - here's hopin', Ptaum!! :)

If one does not have medical insurance down there, does all testing, of all kinds, have to be paid for?

Mayo requires $525 upfront BEFORE even starting anything.

For double hernia surgery, I couldn't even write a check cheque. (Where's the trust??) Had to bring ....hmmm $1600? $1800? cashier's cheque.

Same doc, to RE-acquire CTscan Rx, needed cashier's cheque for THAT nearly-useless appt. ("Take metamucil every day & you'll be fine" he says :angry: )

Always

Usually

Frequently

Often

Occasionally

Sometimes

Rarely

Hardly

Never

Now, time for me to wax Nih-KER-ler-ly . ..

Ptaum, always needing morning coffee, usually starts a pot before even peeing (which, btw, tho TMI elsewhere, is far less frequently than in the past) but at times - I wouldn't say often - doesn't have enough filtered water ready, so occasionally has to wait for the drippity-drip filter pitcher to do its thing.

Sometimes - well, let's say rarely - Ptaum is *gasp* :o OUT of coffee!!!! :ph34r:

Can hardly (oops wrong usage) STAND that & will try to NEVER allow it again!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Nope....but phorgot to comment on "Quisp and Quake" phrom the other day :D Those were cereals, right?

nikki-uk Enthusiast

:huh: No

Knik's leaky faucet - hmmm post 2727 was today - any significance to 27?

It's 1264 away from your member # - anyone near &/or dear born in Dec '64?

Perhaps I should explain to those who don't do Spacebook

..... I have a leak in me barfroom sink...phluids, wet towels, and mucho cursing coming from hubby in a Terence-LEE fashion :lol:

Ptaum, always needing morning coffee, usually starts a pot before even peeing (which, btw, tho TMI elsewhere, is far less frequently than in the past) but at times - I wouldn't say often - doesn't have enough filtered water ready, so occasionally has to wait for the drippity-drip filter pitcher to do its thing.

Wait :o .......OHHHh, sorry my mistake my bad.......you mean the coffee filter machine goes 'drippety drip drip' :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
... quit being so chickenly. ;)

*snort*

OK . . . follow-up question on the Omega-3 . . . what dosage are ya given 'em?? I've started Smack on some Omega-3 about a week and a half ago but I just noticed the bottle says two (gummy fish :lol: ) Then I tried to google it yesterday and I was getting all kinds of numbers for recommended dosage.

I'm kinda likin' the Quisp and Quake . . . perhaps I should change the kids' names!!!

Oops, Sorry Em . . . let me restate that . . .

I'mly kindaly likin'ly thely Quisply andly Quakely . . . perhapsly Ily shouldly changely thely kids'ly namesly!!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I've started Smack and some Omega-3 about a week and a half ago

Quite a heady combination you got there laydee :huh: ......... is that oral or IV?? :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient
Quite a heady combination you got there laydee :huh: ......... is that oral or IV?? :unsure:

:lol::lol: Nik!

I had to read that 3 times before I got it :ph34r:

Darn210 Enthusiast
:lol::lol: Nik!

I had to read that 3 times before I got it :ph34r:

. . . and she's was fiddlin' wif me post!!! . . . :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
. . . and she's was fiddlin' wif me post!!! . . . :lol:

Which is prolly why I didn' get it. :lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor
OK . . . follow-up question on the Omega-3 . . . what dosage are ya given 'em?? I've started Smack on some Omega-3 about a week and a half ago but I just noticed the bottle says two (gummy fish :lol: ) Then I tried to google it yesterday and I was getting all kinds of numbers for recommended dosage.

I've been giving Ez 3 softgels, although the bottle says you can give 4. For 4 softgels, the total Omega 3s is 252 mg. Also 120 mg of Omega 9, and some Vitamins A, D, and E thrown in.

Which one is Smack? :lol: Your boy or your girl?

eta: I wasn't sure about dosage at first either-- the only reason I started out with 3 softgels, is because that's what our family doc said she gives her son. :rolleyes:

elye Community Regular

Ummmmm . .. . ..Yes. . . . ..British guys. .. ....

Kill your Televison?

Not Sleeping Around?

Mayo requires $525 upfront BEFORE even starting anything.

For double hernia surgery, I couldn't even write a check cheque. (Where's the trust??) Had to bring ....hmmm $1600? $1800? cashier's cheque.

Same doc, to RE-acquire CTscan Rx, needed cashier's cheque for THAT nearly-useless appt.

Holy destitution, Robin. .. ...... . . :o

Must take a moment to count my blessings. . ...

Perhaps I should explain to those who don't do Spacebook

..... I have a leak in me barfroom sink...phluids, wet towels, and mucho cursing coming from hubby in a Terence-LEE fashion :lol:

Hey! I Must put forth an Official Royal Edict - -we have an AWOL Queen (well, she's a teenager, after all -- when are they ever around, listening, doing any work?), :rolleyes: so I shall just put it forward. Any Psilly-worthy news MUST be reported in Psillyville (leaky plumbing a perphect example), and then it can be mentioned on The Book, if so desired... . . . . . ...

I simply cannot have two vortexes (Vortexii? Vortexa?) pulling me from real liphe .. . . .!!!! Don't have the stamina.... .. . the time. . . . ....the inclination. . . . the strength to pull myself from TWO raucous, addictive places......... .

:lol::rolleyes:

Oops, Sorry Em . . . let me restate that . . .

I'mly kindaly likin'ly thely Quisply andly Quakely . . . perhapsly Ily shouldly changely thely kids'ly namesly!!!

Janet! You must apologise to Sooozie, as she made up this language. For me, you should have written, "From time to time, I think about the kids' names, and frequently ponder changing them....Quisp and Quake would never have crossed me mind - - but I'm always wanting those names now!"

Archived