This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

DingoGirl Enthusiast
This is terrific. . . . . ...but I cannot stop hearing it completely differently. I hear a strong stress on the first syllable, with a typical, gunshot-type English pronunciation - - NO lilt, just a fade into schwa. . .....

KAR - en - lee.........

:lol: well you are correct. In normal conversation, this IS the pronunciation. Alas, the other one is for the phone answering. :lol:

Quite a heady combination you got there laydee :huh: ......... is that oral or IV??

OMG :lol:

. . . and she's was fiddlin' wif me post!!! . .

:lol: took me a minute...............

SILLIES OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look what I just found:

Open Original Shared Link

must now revive my emoticon thread and post it there *snort* :lol: :lol:

they're "not only useful, they're often VITAL." HEAR HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Take THAT you emoti-squelchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
they're "not only useful, they're often VITAL." HEAR HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Take THAT you emoti-squelchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! B):D:P:lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
SILLIES OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look what I just found:

Open Original Shared Link

must now revive my emoticon thread and post it there *snort* :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah!!! . . . and tell em that NOW we want the dancing lobster!!!

:lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

SUZZLE- Excellent and and the article was published so timeLY I might say!!!!!

Had to bring ....hmmm $1600? $1800? cashier's cheque.

Same doc, to RE-acquire CTscan Rx, needed cashier's cheque for THAT nearly-useless appt. ("Take metamucil every day & you'll be fine" he says :angry: )

GULP- Ptaum- for that much $$$$ I'd want me some new boobs!!!!! And I don't even want new boobs- well, er, not as much as the Dingo!

..... I have a leak in me barfroom sink...phluids, wet towels, and mucho cursing coming from hubby in a Terence-LEE fashion :lol:

On Nikkerler- you let the people in the cupboard out again!!!!!!!

Quite a heady combination you got there laydee :huh: ......... is that oral or IV?? :unsure:

Well, I'm on oral Smack, Quisp and Quake just so youse all know- soon to be on injectable Ez!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
GULP- Ptaum- for that much $$$$ I'd want me some new boobs!!!!! And I don't even want new boobs- well, er, not as much as the Dingo!

Yeah, what were you thinking Tom?? If you had gotten new boobs, you'd still feel like crap, but at least you'd be able to entertain yourself!

( :ph34r: um, new clothes and all :P )

DingoGirl Enthusiast

who KNEW how useful that could be???????????? :lol:

You guys :lol: boobs and stuff :lol:

BEVVY on oral smack, quisp, quake?????? I"ll send you a cosmo ;)

Darn210 Enthusiast
Yeah, what were you thinking Tom?? If you had gotten new boobs, you'd still feel like crap, but at least you'd be able to entertain yourself!

:lol::lol:

Well . . . there goes the new job . . . he wouldn't be able to leave the house . . . too . . . :ph34r: . . . busy.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Have you seen the Mr Whippy poo with flies circling it????

MUST send you an email :lol:

Well . . . there goes the new job . . . he wouldn't be able to leave the house . . . too . . . :ph34r: . . . busy.

GAHhhhh!!!!!! :lol::lol:

elye Community Regular

Quisping, quaking dancing lobsters? I should like to see this emoticon. . ......

Bloody hell, and others, as well. 'Twould be the ultimate in entertainment, watching Ptaoughmghmnuss walking towards us with 38 Ds....... .. :lol:

Sounds like this boss is lenient and flexible. ...... .Ptaum'd probably be okay. . .. ..

Mtndog Collaborator

Why, oh why, can guys be so easily entertaininged. Ah, why can't I be? If only....methinks i'm gonna start drinking all day. :P

BEVVY on oral smack, quisp, quake?????? I"ll send you a cosmo ;)

You just did- it was chilled, shaken not stirred and in me mailbox. :wub: you and the Weezer!!!!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Sorry I been away ever'body. Went to Maine for three days with my Mum, relaxed and walked on the beach. It were totally wunnerful. Her cousins have a cabin, it's so quiet and you can see so many stars at night.

I'm still stuck on barkbark obama. SNORT.

How bout Bunnily? Think that works?

Hope yer Dad's holding up Amanda. I do know exactly how that feels, I lost my dad last year. Prayers for you.

Mtndog Collaborator
Sorry I been away ever'body. Went to Maine for three days with my Mum, relaxed and walked on the beach. It were totally wunnerful. Her cousins have a cabin, it's so quiet and you can see so many stars at night.

I'm still stuck on barkbark obama. SNORT.

How bout Bunnily? Think that works?

Hope yer Dad's holding up Amanda. I do know exactly how that feels, I lost my dad last year. Prayers for you.

You went to Maine and diddn call me- A ya....I can't get there from here :P Where in Maine were you? I LOVE it there!

Barkbark Obama says hi :lol:

I'm still thinking about Amanda too- sorry about your dad. Lost my mom 5 years ago- it's so hard.

Mtndog Collaborator

Ooooohhhh.....4 pages until a new Queen/King :o

Green12 Enthusiast

Hello sillies!......brain is very wee today and unable to compute information...or just think :( ......will not be able to participate in Emily's adverb exercise for today :lol:

I sort of caught the gist..... dancing lobsters, whipping poo with circling flies, Tom's boobs, Janet on oral smack, Bev peeing with phrequency, things ending in "ly".......just another day in Sillyville!

Hey, my name doesn't work with the "ly" ending, I already have one....jewel-ly :huh:

Nikki, so glad the school called before serving Alan sandwiches made on gluten infested grill, that was a close one. We didn't want any poo crimes on our hands.

Jess got her data!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (whatever that means :lol:)

Soozle pheels better!!! YAY!!

Tom, how did your appt go?

Amanda, lots of prayers for your dad's surgery tomorrow :wub:

p.s. Arnie did a MAJOR butt scoot across the room today. Died laughing (I did)

Green12 Enthusiast

Bunnie went to Maine, fabulous!

Patti, phorgot to ask you if you watched DSM last night?? I lurve it so, heard it was in danger of being cancelled :(

jerseyangel Proficient
..... dancing lobsters, whipping poo with circling flies, Tom's boobs, Janet on oral smack, Bev peeing with phrequency, things ending in "ly".......

....and Arnie did the butt-scootin' boogie! :lol:

Yes, another phine day in Sillyville :rolleyes:

Sorry 'bout the wee brain day, Julie(ly) ;)

Gotta get ready to watch Greys.....yep, I still watch it :P

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
p.s. Arnie did a MAJOR butt scoot across the room today. Died laughing (I did)

Ever seen that commercial for Stanley Steemer with the dog Toby?

I watched that and thought the lady was crazy, nobody freaks out like that at the doggie butt scoot! The doggie butt scoot is too cute!!!

K, I'll stop rhyming now.

(bow chicka bow wow....)

curlyfries Contributor
Like Quisp & Quake.

Twas me favOurite cereals when I was little :P

Knik's leaky faucet - hmmm post 2727 was today - any significance to 27?

It's 1264 away from your member # - anyone near &/or dear born in Dec '64?

That's MY lucky number! My locker combination in HS was 27-17-7. And the address of the first house we bought was 2722. It is also in my social security number. And if you take the last name I was born with, replace each letter with the number of it's position in the alphabet, then add the digits of those numbers, you get 27. Don't even get me started on 11. :lol:

............gee..........sounds kinda like Rain Man, huh? :huh:

jerseyangel Proficient
Ever seen that commercial for Stanley Steemer with the dog Toby?

I watched that and thought the lady was crazy, nobody freaks out like that at the doggie butt scoot! The doggie butt scoot is too cute!!!

K, I'll stop rhyming now.

(bow chicka bow wow....)

I always crack up at that commercial--my son's best friend is named Toby and that's all I can think of when that woman shreaks his name :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:o WHAT????????????? I was wondering where Bunee-ly was! You were at a cabin in Maine??????? and DID NOT INVITE YER SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

Bunnie - didn't know your dad died last year. so sorry :( I lost mine almost 21 years ago - ancient history!

I sort of caught the gist..... dancing lobsters, whipping poo with circling flies, Tom's boobs, Janet on oral smack, Bev peeing with phrequency, things ending in "ly".......just another day in Sillyville!

:lol: always love the psummaries!

JEWEL-LY!!!!!!!!! Arnie did a scoot! :o OMG - methinks he either needs the glands expressed, OR *gasp* he has worms............

Weezee missed her butt squeeze on account'a her mom being stuck in bed for two days. This will happen tomorrow, methinks.....

<_< beLEEVE me, it's not that cute when you have sand-coloUred carpet, and two dogs......

I always crack up at that commercial--my son's best friend is named Toby and that's all I can think of when that woman shreaks his name

:lol: I REALLY wish she would scream out "WEEEEE-ZEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!"

can you imagine - all Sillies would probably get on the phone for a teleconference :lol:

sillies - I am SOOOOOOO jealous of these people I know (local) on Facebook who have like..........250 - 270 friends.......I know them and I know that they are just that popular.........

I think I"ll just start making friend requests to random strangers :lol: Pad my numbers

gotta eat - I DID lose about four pounds from the phlughe!!!!! :ecstaticface:

alas - not a truly accurate measurement, the scale at me mum's today, as got me menses today (sorry guys) - - when it rains, it pours........... :ph34r:

curlyfries Contributor
Usually

Frequently

Often

Occasionally

Sometimes

Rarely

Hardly

Never

Sometimes people hardly know how often I usually fart. It's never loud. Occassionally, I'll fart frequently, but they rarely notice. :P

Can you do it in less than 20 words? :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Sometimes people hardly know how often I usually fart. It's never loud. Occassionally, I'll fart frequently, but they rarely notice. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

v. good

elye Community Regular
Hello sillies!......brain is very wee today and unable to compute information...or just think ......will not be able to participate in Emily's adverb exercise for today :lol:

Mygawd...what is going on with me.... . ..? Had, again, champagne and wine.... . . was out for a very special hoity-toity fundraiser dinner/silent auction/fashion show for the Pediatric Liver Foundaton...gad, I was outta my league. I just don't know how to slip into a classy skin. . . .... :rolleyes:

So, I, as well, am in no shape to participate in my own adverb of frequency exercise..... ..Occasionally, this happens wif me. .. .... :lol:

JEWEL-LY!!!!!!!!! Arnie did a scoot! :o OMG - methinks he either needs the glands expressed, OR *gasp* he has worms............

beLEEVE me, it's not that cute when you have sand-coloUred carpet, and two dogs......

OMG........ .. .wif two big dogs, one MUST have hardwood -- I cannot imagine a life so canine with any carpeting. . .....

sillies - I am SOOOOOOO jealous of these people I know (local) on Facebook who have like..........250 - 270 friends.......I know them and I know that they are just that popular.........

DD has about 320 friends. It is ludicrous, really - - most are kids in grade twelve who she passes in the hallway, or cousins of friends whose names she punches in.

OMG. . . . . I was dared to request a friendship with a male name that I had to just arbitrarily think up. So, I thought up "Russel Smythe", punched him in, and there were several. I picked the Canadian Russel, and sent the friend request. Incredible, but he accepted.

So, now I know when Russ is heading out to play hockey, when he's taking back his library books, how his afternoon home from work is going. . . . ..... :huh::lol:

Haven't sent him any drinks or hugs as yet, nor have I poked nor smacked him... ..

Think you should all ask to be his friend, as well. :lol:

He's very likely celiac.....who isn't, after all?

Can you do it in less than 20 words? :lol:

Not with this many drinks consumed. .. ..... . . . .....; <_<

jerseyangel Proficient

Did I miss it, or has no one noticed the placement of Will's hand in relation to Em's right boob? :lol:

elye Community Regular
Did I miss it, or has no one noticed the placement of Will's hand in relation to Em's right boob? :lol:

This was the "errant boldness" of which I spoke, and the reason Will finds this pic absolutely hysterical. <_<

I still think it may be one of the band members. . . . ...

Archived