• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

Rate this topic

51,027 posts in this topic

em-a-ly (it's already an adverb)

:lol: yer whole wackl post

Did I miss it, or has no one noticed the placement of Will's hand in relation to Em's right boob? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

this WAS discussed, yesterday, I believe? or - this morning?

Mention of boobage quite recently - Bev said sunfin about Ptaumus-ly paying enough money for........um.....someone to get boobs and that she didn't want them as much as Dingo wants 'em :lol: ('tis true)

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

This was the "errant boldness" of which I spoke, and the reason Will finds this pic absolutely hysterical. <_<

I still think it may be one of the band members. . . . ...

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It went completely over me head before! Now all I can see is that hand!! :lol:

Mention of boobage quite recently - Bev said sunfin about Ptaumus-ly paying enough money for........um.....someone to get boobs and that she didn't want them as much as Dingo wants 'em :lol: ('tis true)

I do recall this line of boobage discussion. Now moi.....I'd choose a tummy tuck B)

It went completely over me head before!

hee.......you pulled a Lisa! :lol: ........or is that Lisa-ly?

Ever seen that commercial for Stanley Steemer with the dog Toby?

Yes!!! So funny!

That's MY lucky number! My locker combination in HS was 27-17-7. And the address of the first house we bought was 2722. It is also in my social security number. And if you take the last name I was born with, replace each letter with the number of it's position in the alphabet, then add the digits of those numbers, you get 27. Don't even get me started on 11. :lol:

............gee..........sounds kinda like Rain Man, huh?

:lol: Lisa, very Rain Man-ish!

Speaking of favorite cereals growing up, I just decided I really miss cereal for breakfast, or a snack...haven't had it for YEARS with all the different food intolerances. I want Grape Nuts!!!!

JEWEL-LY!!!!!!!!! Arnie did a scoot! :o OMG - methinks he either needs the glands expressed, OR *gasp* he has worms............

Weezee missed her butt squeeze on account'a her mom being stuck in bed for two days. This will happen tomorrow, methinks.....

He just got groomed yesterday, cut REALLY short, and had his butt squeezed ...dunno if the stray hairs are irritating the area or what.

OMG. . . . . I was dared to request a friendship with a male name that I had to just arbitrarily think up. So, I thought up "Russel Smythe", punched him in, and there were several. I picked the Canadian Russel, and sent the friend request. Incredible, but he accepted.

So, now I know when Russ is heading out to play hockey, when he's taking back his library books, how his afternoon home from work is going. . . . ..... :huh::lol:

Haven't sent him any drinks or hugs as yet, nor have I poked nor smacked him... ..

Think you should all ask to be his friend, as well. :lol:

He's very likely celiac.....who isn't, after all?

OMG, hysterical :lol::lol: .......is Russel of age, and is he cute?!?!

I hear ya on the slipping into classy skin, I am so out of my element to in those situations.

Sometimes people hardly know how often I usually fart. It's never loud. Occassionally, I'll fart frequently, but they rarely notice. :P

Can you do it in less than 20 words? :lol:

Someone's been takin' her Omega-3!!!

I just don't know how to slip into a classy skin. . . .... :rolleyes:

Why don't you just wear what you've got on in yer av?? . . . or did you wear that at the last classy event that you went to?? . . . in which case, just change it up a bit and add a shawl and different shoes.

Tom, meant to answer your Facebook question earlier....your statuses will remain on your profile page, on your home page they are changed out as the news feed updates/rolls over..........does that make sense?

Oh and Emily if you don't have insurance you either pay out of pocket or you are SOL and don't get to receive medical care. One trip to the ER cost me over a thousand buckaroos (and absolutely nothing was accomplished <_< ). They do have various programs to help with the non-insured/low income...filled out the papers for my ER visit and was denied.

Oy, too worn out for much thinking/posting, but I'll give it a go. [i think it took an hour . ...pretty slow brain day]

Too many posts worth commenting on, but brain not up for it.

That Mayo is like an assembly line. Big-ass campus, no idea how many bldgs.

Go to that end of the bldg for appt check-in.

Back to this end for Scheduling, in a big room that looks and acts like a DMV office. "Mr. Murphy to window 7"

Up a floor or 2 for GI dept.

Window 3 this time.

Phorms.

Wait.

Pretty good doc, btw. Best GI I've ever met, certainly.

He mentioned HLA typing & when I simply mentioned DQ2/DQ8 he says "are you an engineer?" da noiv!! All celiacs w/ any online time should know DQ2/DQ8.

He didn't know if it'll be both alpha & beta. :(

(I don't have much desire to know my DQs anyway - too much research needed there)

Back to Scheduling for a piece of paper. Down a floor for Radiology & Blood Lab. Wait here, wait there, 6 vials, wait here & there & there, smocked up, do chest x-ray for some reason.

Back to the DMV . ....errrrrrrr .. . . Scheduling.

They were trying to get an endoscopy, colonoscopy, MRI/MRCP, & some other stuff all in tomorrow, but GI is full so no -oscopies (oscopii?) this time.

At least half & maybe 90% of all this is useless, but wtf, checkin' everything.

<me brain just wants to go into standby mode>

A conversation w/ mom:

Me "Then a u-turn at 136th." [We'd already crossed 82nd, 90th, 10-somethin']

Mom "*I* [from "you-turn" of course] turn at 1:36? Won't we be late?"

"A U-turn, ya know, reversing direction. At 136th St."

"To the right?"

"Uhhhhhhh . ...<wondering why I even need to be in this conv> .. ..to the left, mom"

Lisa!!!! 20 words?!!! Quite impressive .. . .I can't try tonight tho. Maybe last week it'd've been worth a shot.

Julily works ok duddinit? ;)

Tom, meant to answer your Facebook question earlier....your statuses will remain on your profile page, on your home page they are changed out as the news feed updates/rolls over..........does that make sense?

Ahhh yes, thx, it does make sense, but wouldn't w/out having played around in the Book at a work pc. This mobile one is SOOOOOOO abbrev.!!!!!!!

Try it

I think it'll show the mobile site on a pc.

My goal of having a home pc up by Sat didn't take into acct this trip <doi!> .. . :( .. ..w/in a few days of being back I'll do it tho.

Forgot what else .. .. ..being a patient patient wears me out.

I think I"ll just start making friend requests to random strangers :lol: Pad my numbers

You can add Lily Dean.........she's a cute little chinchilla with her own facebook account!!..........Lives with DD.

Hi sillies

Good luck Tom and your apts

Amanda thinking of you tonight and hope all goes well tomorrow.

we'll be anxious to hear what happening.

nite all

Judy

Hi sillies!!

Quick poop in.....no time ....busy day <_< (would prefer to sleep :rolleyes: )

Alarm didn't go off this morn....NO one got up in time....everyone feels like this -------> :angry:

....back later!!! :)

Good Morning, Psillies!

I do recall this line of boobage discussion. Now moi.....I'd choose a tummy tuck

Oh, gawd. . . ...me, as well. I would love to have all my stomach flab pushed up to my boob area, and just trapped there. Just a simple rearranging of phat, really. :rolleyes:

OMG, hysterical .......is Russel of age, and is he cute?!?!

Um. . .. . .actually, methinks he may have cancelled our friendship. :unsure::rolleyes: He no longer seems to be in my collection of Friends, though he sat proudly there for a couple of months.

He probably got to thinking, "Now, this just doesn't feel right. Don't know this woman. . ... .... what if I am just the subject of some lame, humiliating dare? An arbitrary name they've thought up, had a few good laughs over?? They break into squeals of laughter when they read all about what I'm 'currently doing right now' - - that I've just taken out the garbage, that my constipation has subsided... .. .They're probably JUST LAUGHING AT ME!! Well, I'll show you - - I'm NO LONGER your friend!"

And thus, the end of the Russell Smythe chapter.

Think I'll request his Friendship again. :lol::lol:

Why don't you just wear what you've got on in yer av?? . . . or did you wear that at the last classy event that you went to?? . . . in which case, just change it up a bit and add a shawl and different shoes.

YES! I could slip into a classy skin by slipping into my tiger and leopard skins. . . .....it's a plan worth considering.

Now, real class would also entail William following me around the hall or ballroom all evening, hand affixed to my boob..... .

Oh and Emily if you don't have insurance you either pay out of pocket or you are SOL and don't get to receive medical care. One trip to the ER cost me over a thousand buckaroos (and absolutely nothing was accomplished ). They do have various programs to help with the non-insured/low income...filled out the papers for my ER visit and was denied.

OMG. . . this just gets worse and worse....how do self-employed or laid-off, ill Americans get medical care?? I suppose many don't. . . .... :(:o

Glad things are happening at Mayo, Ptaoughmghmnuss!

Jeez.....is yer mom out drivin' the roads very often?? Yikes. . .. ..! :huh:;)

OMG. . . this just gets worse and worse....how do self-employed or laid-off, ill Americans get medical care?? I suppose many don't. . . .... :(:o

Really Em, the sad truth is that many Americans can't afford to get sick. It's outrageously expensive for an individual or an individual family to buy health insurance. :(

Phorgot to report The Ripper's phabulous ponderable question from yesterday: We were out walking the dogs, and were passing by a construction site. As we went by a porta-potty, Jack suddenly asked, "So, Mom. . . . . if you were going to the bathroom in one of those and your cellphone dropped into the hole, would you fish it out?"

OMG, that is SOOOOOO gross. . .. .... .

I said that I didn't know, but probably . .. . :gagface:... . would try to toilet-paper-glove it . .. .....

BARPPPPPHHHHH..... .. ....

I'd consider it a total loss.....no way I would reach in to get it--let alone clean a cell phone enough after that to put up next to me phace. :P

Phorgot to report The Ripper's phabulous ponderable question from yesterday: We were out walking the dogs, and were passing by a construction site. As we went by a porta-potty, Jack suddenly asked, "So, Mom. . . . . if you were going to the bathroom in one of those and your cellphone dropped into the hole, would you fish it out?"

OMG, that is SOOOOOO gross. . .. .... .

I said that I didn't know, but probably . .. . :gagface:... . would try to toilet-paper-glove it . .. .....

BARPPPPPHHHHH..... .. ....

Nope . . . it's gone!!!

((((((SHUDDER)))))). . . ......I'm just not sure. I'd be thinking of the avoidable cost of a new phone (when I got my phone, I asked what the price was for a replacement handpiece, and it was some ridiculous amount).....and all my millions of contact numbers . . .....

Ewwwwwwwwww, it's just so gross.... . .....

If there were enough TP in there to totally wrap my hand, like a goalie's trapper or catcher's mitt .. . . .......

. .. . .. . .

.....and all my millions of contact numbers . . .....

Ewwwwwwwwww, it's just so gross.... . .....

If there were enough TP in there to totally wrap my hand, like a goalie's trapper or catcher's mitt .. . . .......

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

There are 2 or maybe 2

But Em-m-m-m..........Assuming you could use TP and lift it out of the can.....what will you then do with this....package??? :huh:

Put it in yer purse? Front seat of the car ?.....and once home--where to attempt to clean it? Kitchen sink is out....

Say it phell phace down--you'd need toothpicks er sumphin to clean out the little holes and between the buttons. A rather laboUr intensive phoo situation when you really think about it. ;):lol:

Who's among the un-ascensioned anyway??

Bunnie & the Lisas & the Reluctants (Judithly & Julily) ???? P

I suppose it's too soon to hear from Amanda isn't it .. .. ..

Praying all went as well as possible :wub:

Emily . . . Thomn and Paddee have got it covered . . . couldn't agree more . . . not touchin' that fone wif a 10 foot poo-pickin' toothpick pole.

From me mum:

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have $33.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have $0.00 today.

BUT, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refunds, you would have received $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily and recycle. It is called the 401-Keg.

A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon!

Makes you proud to be an American!

"So, Mom. . . . . if you were going to the bathroom in one of those and your cellphone dropped into the hole, would you fish it out?"

I would report that a thief/miscreant had ripped it out of my hand as s/he ran by and flung it into a nearby port-a-potty. When asked to describe said miscreant I would come up with someone whom I really disliked and had a high probability of being in the neighborhood. I would ask that as punishment, that person be required to fish out my phone and recover the lost data.