This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Cbs News Story

floridanative

DingoGirl Enthusiast

(revealing my total non-techno saviness, here)

Can someone tell me what is a listserve? do I write to that email address and ask for something? :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tiffjake Enthusiast

Can someone tell me what is a listserve? do I write to that email address and ask for something? :blink:

Yeah, usually just send them an email that says "I want to subscribe"

And I got an email about it too! I am so watching it! It comes on at 5:30 here (Texas). You can check at www.tvguide.com for your local time/channel!

Michi8 Contributor

A Listserv is like a newsgroup or forum, but all communication is done via email. Members become part of the group, and posts are sent to all members via email.

Michelle

Nantzie Collaborator

I'm glad I checked. It comes on at 5:30 here too (Sacramento, CA).

Nancy

IrishKelly Contributor
I'm glad I checked. It comes on at 5:30 here too (Sacramento, CA).

Nancy

Would that be 5:30 Chicago time, i have to watch this!

tiffjake Enthusiast

Its on! Hope you are watching!

happygirl Collaborator

WOW-----this is a GREAT STORY! I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS. WOW. SO HAPPY TO SEE A REAL REPORT---AND GREAT TO SEE DR. GREEN

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiffjake Enthusiast
WOW-----this is a GREAT STORY! I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS. WOW. SO HAPPY TO SEE A REAL REPORT---AND GREAT TO SEE DR. GREEN

I agree! Short and Sweet! Enough to get people thinking and asking questions!

CarlaB Enthusiast

GREAT PIECE!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow! I thought it was very good. They put a lot of info into the few minute segment. :)

Kinda strange seeing it on TV like that....

AndreaB Contributor

So, what'd he say?

Lisa Mentor

Good gosh you guy are fast.

It was the best coverage on national news that we have ever gotten. I CERTAINLY am no fan of Katie Couric, but someone put it out there and bless their hearts.

Lisa

Turtle Enthusiast

COOL! I thought they did a good job! And of course anything with Dr. Peter Green RULES!

jerseyangel Proficient

Lisa--I feel the same way! After all the letters and emails we have sent over the months, it's just so gratifying to see something like that.

I like how the doctor said that when he was in med school, they were taught Celiac was a rare disease! He wasn't all that old, either ;)

IrishKelly Contributor

Very good...but i wish it would've been alot longer, i feel like there were so many other symptoms they could've mentioned. But, i am super thankful they did a segment on us :D

jerseyangel Proficient
omg... YOU guys made this happen with your e-mails? omg... you guys are HEROS!

Who knows what ultimately got them to do it--I just know that a lot of us have writen to every news outlet that we could think of--maybe someone finally listened :D

wonkabar Contributor

YIPPEE!! I thought the segment was great! I honestly didn't expect it to be much longer than a 5 minute segment. They touched upon a lot in a brief amount of time. In fairness to them, they *did* give Celiac Disease a major boost in mainstream media and couldn't possibly get into all of the symptoms and related issues in a "segment". Kudos to CBS for putting it out there.

Does anyone else find Katie Couric to be stiff and have little affect?? :huh:

penguin Community Regular

THAT WAS THE BEST SEGMENT ON CELIAC I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!

I'm so glad they didn't push the biopsy or that all symptoms are GI. AWESOME!!! :D

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

I didn't see it!!! I was at a cubscout meeting with my son, and just got home!!!

DRATS!!!

I saw Dr. Green in Stanford, he was awesome....very funny, but he DID push the biopsy at that point. I'm kind of surprised to read that he didn't.

I wish I could have seen it. Heading to see if I can find a replay of it on the cbs website.....

Nantzie Collaborator

I haven't seen it yet, but I went to the website and they have an article. Not sure if this is a transcript or not.

Open Original Shared Link

penguin Community Regular

It's a transcript :)

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks for posting that link Nancy. :)

happygirl Collaborator

Floridian,

Actually, for a national news segment (think, 30 min, minus commercials...what, maybe 22 min?) I was actually REALLY impressed that it got as much time as it did (lead in from Katie, story, then 'discussion'). My husband works in the news business so I pay more attention to that type of stuff....so I must say, I was impressed that they gave it so much time! I was afraid it was going to be a 20 second segment on a research study or something.

Laura

par18 Apprentice
I was just watching the CBS evening news and there was a teaser for a story coming on tomorrow night. The teaser went something like this: this whole family has a disease but none of them knew it until little Emily got sick. It's thought a million Americans have it but most of them don't know it yet (end of tease). Chills went down my spine and I usually have excellent instincts so I think the story may be about Celiac. I don't even watch the CBS news so it was a fluke that I had it on. I can't be home tomorrow to watch but I'm going to tape the whole show tomorrow night, just in case I'm right. I'll post back if I'm right or wrong.

It was so on the mark I was actually starting to get tears in my eyes!

Tom

happygirl Collaborator

When you click on the link, it is the transcript, BUT, on the right hand side, you can click to play the WHOLE story. It was a 3:42 segment. YAY

Open Original Shared Link

Archived