This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Where Too From Here?

jasoncolz

jasoncolz Rookie

hello :)

as part of my ongoing battle with gluten intolerance i am having bad reactions to sugar.i had a bit too much sugar at the weekend and now i am getting headaches the more i take.

1.could i have an intolerance to sugar (either fruit or raw ) or could it be that my villi are flattening with the extra sugar and not digesting properly

2.what tests could i do to find this out?

3.i have had a camera down in my stomach too look for bacteria, is it possible to do the same in the small intestine to check the state of my villi.

i will post some recent results that i have had so users of this board will understand what state my health is in.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I'm sorry, I do not have an answer for you--I do not know much about sugar.

LjsCar Newbie

I have heard of allergic reactions to sugar, mostly in relation to psychological health.

Here is a link I found that may be informative Open Original Shared Link

CarlaB Enthusiast

Maybe you are hypoglycemic. Stop eating sugar, when you really crave it, eat fruit instead as it has nutrients to balance out the sugar in it. Refined sugar is very bad for you as you use up a lot of your body energy and nutrients to digest it, from what I've read recently. Try to eat a protein any time you eat a simple carb so that you have something longer lasting to take over when the sugar (even with the fruit) wears off, that way you won't have the dip in blood sugar. It's worth a try to see if it helps.

Guhlia Rising Star

Could candida be a possibility??? Doesn't that feed off of sugar and yeast? I could be completely out in left field with this. Just a suggestion.

Simply-V Newbie
hello :)

as part of my ongoing battle with gluten intolerance i am having bad reactions to sugar.i had a bit too much sugar at the weekend and now i am getting headaches the more i take.

1.could i have an intolerance to sugar (either fruit or raw ) or could it be that my villi are flattening with the extra sugar and not digesting properly

2.what tests could i do to find this out?

3.i have had a camera down in my stomach too look for bacteria, is it possible to do the same in the small intestine to check the state of my villi.

i will post some recent results that i have had so users of this board will understand what state my health is in.

You could have reactions to the sugar. Most sugar is cane (in the USA) or corn (syrups n stuff). Both are in the same family as wheat, and gluten grains. Its possible that you're cross-reacting.

jasoncolz Rookie

[quote}Could candida be a possibility??? Doesn't that feed off of sugar and yeast? I could be completely out in left field with this. Just a suggestion.{QUOTE}

i tried a candida diet about a week ago i felt better except when i had gluten(of course!!).i am wondering now wether i could have a gluten intolerance that triggered a yeast infection.this is possible acording to documents on the net.

Maybe you are hypoglycemic. Stop eating sugar, when you really crave it, eat fruit instead as it has nutrients to balance out the sugar in it. Refined sugar is very bad for you as you use up a lot of your body energy and nutrients to digest it, from what I've read recently. Try to eat a protein any time you eat a simple carb so that you have something longer lasting to take over when the sugar (even with the fruit) wears off, that way you won't have the dip in blood sugar. It's worth a try to see if it helps.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived