This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blood Test Results?

Happycat

Happycat Rookie

Hi Everyone, any input would be helpful. IGA serum 54, normal is 81-463 mg/dL, the doctor said he is IgA deficient. His IgG is 115 --Weak positive is 20-30, strong positive is >30. His biopsy on 7/26 was negative. I have sent all his results to Dr. Peter Green at Columbia University Hospital. His symptoms (4 1/2 years) are reflux with damage to his esophagus, gas, constant burping (Soooo embarrassed by this) vomiting occasionally. He also has horrible allergies!!! Allergic to everything. The gastro found his esophagus coated with a substance, we think is postnasal drip. He said he has never seen this before. He is now on new meds for allergies. The ENT he went to thinks it's a very good possibility he has Celiac. We did allergy shots when he was younger but after some time he just couldn't take them anymore. His arm would swell up in huge welts so we stopped them. He also has an essential hand tremor and has the antibodies for Hashimotos thyroid disease. I have 4 sons. Joe (19) is the oldest and I think it is very possible I have it and my other sons might as well. They have autoimmune diseases also like me. Vitiligo and hashimotos and I also had alopecea but that cleared 6 months after I started synthroid. I also have IBS and 2 of my other sons also have very sensitive stomachs. (The runs alot) I know I rambled, SORRY!

Thanks,

Lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GEF Explorer

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum!

Well, it certainly sounds like your son has a reaction to gluten taking place. You're doing the right thing by searching out answers. Have you been tested? Truly, I think that anyone who walks into a doctor's office with gastro-intestinal issues should be tested for celiac.... especially those with auto-immune pre-disposition. Sounds like you have a very supportive & knowledgeable doctor.

You'll find a lot of helpful information in past posts and through the Celiac.com Site Index & Question & Answer sections too.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Gretchen

Happycat Rookie

Thank you Gretchen, I just want to get my son's results and I think we will all be tested. This message board is GREAT! I have learned so much and the people are so very kind and helpful!

Lisa

Archived