This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Mentions She Is Gluten-free

wolfie

wolfie Enthusiast

on The View today (12/21/2006). They bring it up b/c people are always asking why she doesn't eat on the show. She does eat the candy they have today and she shows everyone b/c it is gluten-free. Rosie goes on to say that Elisabeth has a "gluten allergy".

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

floridanative Community Regular

I saw it! I was wrapping gifts and almost fell off the chair.......she had gluten free cookies which Rosie said were great!

First we get beer, then a new gluten-free bread in Spain and now this! Christmas came early for me this year!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Kim :)

I just saw that (I recorded the opening to see if Rosie was going to talk about Donald Trump :ph34r: )

I notice that she was the one who made the candy--so I guess she's just like most of us, not eating something unless she makes it herself, or by someone she trusts. Smart, especially if you're doing it on TV :D

wolfie Enthusiast
I saw it! I was wrapping gifts and almost fell off the chair.......she had gluten free cookies which Rosie said were great!

First we get beer, then a new gluten-free bread in Spain and now this! Christmas came early for me this year!

I missed the cookie part!! I was wrapping gifts too and DS yelled to me that they were talking about gluten-free stuff!! LOL! I'll have to go back & watch that part.

wolfie Enthusiast
Hi Kim :)

I just saw that (I recorded the opening to see if Rosie was going to talk about Donald Trump :ph34r: )

I notice that she was the one who made the candy--so I guess she's just like most of us, not eating something unless she makes it herself, or by someone she trusts. Smart, especially if you're doing it on TV :D

Hi Patty.....love your avatar picture :) Too cute!

I am hesitant to eat things that others make too, unless it is my MIL (who takes this very seriously) or my Mom. My Dad (remarried) is making gluten-free stuffing for Christmas dinner (with bread that I gave him) and I am very nervous! LOL!

happygirl Collaborator

She's mentioned it on there before, usually just in passing, including something about not giving her daughter gluten yet because she is so young.

Thanks for sharing!

mommida Enthusiast

What bread from Spain?

L.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

floridanative Community Regular

This info below was posted on list serv.......if the person who posted it gets a reply back from the university about getting the bread to the US, I'll post that here too. She e-mailed them yesterday. In many places in Spain you can get gluten free tapioca bread in restaurants...... That's why Spain is my next European destination.

The university link:

Open Original Shared Link

The article link:

Open Original Shared Link

barbara3675 Rookie

Saw the program too and it was the first time I actually heard them talk about it even at that length. It is a start. Now Rosie knows about it too. Poor thing, she just doesn't know when to keep quiet though. I am one of her biggest fans, but she should have kept quiet yesterday. Anyway, I hope that they keep mentioning that Elisabeth has a gluten intolerance. I think I will go on their site and say that we appreciate every mention tht we get. I had a REALLY hard time getting back into this site today. Happy Holidays, I have all of my baking done including gluten-free stuff for my MOM, granddaughter and I. When you are used to it, you just do it without thinking about it too much. I forgot to add Xanthun gum with the Bob's Red Mill Gluten Flour Mixture (which I use a exclusively in place of regular flour) in my cranberry bread, so it is a little dense, but otherwise good. The Xanthun gum really does make a difference.

Barbara

Archived