• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Elizabeth Haselbeck Said She Has Celiac!

114 posts in this topic

TBOX    0

I just heard on The View this morning that Elizabeth Hasselbeck has celiac disease. She mentioned it, explained it briefly as they were closing, and Rosie told viewers to Google it and they will have a segment on it next week. That's great!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

jerseyangel    409

I just heard (in the closing moments of the show) Rosie O'Donnell say that the reason Elizabeth never eats on the show is because she has Celiac Disease and they will be doing a whole segment on it next week.

Elizabeth herself said she has Celiac, and described it as an allergy (!) to wheat, oats, barley and rye. She also said something about being able to drink gluten-free beer.

Can't wait to see how they handle the subject.

jukie    0

Hey, Patti...you beat me to it! I heard Elizabeth mention something about gluten-free beer and was shocked to actually hear her say she has Celiac! Can't wait to see what The View segment on Celiac will be next week!

Ads by Google:

dairy queen    0

woohoo! I was coming over here to post this exciting news too!

Wouldn't it be great if she were to become a national spokesperson for celiac disease. It could be beneficial for her too. Imagine the money ..comercials, endorsements.

Can't wait to see how the view deals with this!!!

happygirl    6

So happy to hear her come out and say this! We've known she's had a "problem" with gluten, and we all wondered!

Nice to have it confirmed! Yay Elisabeth!

Let me know when it comes on...I figured out how to Tivo finally :)

dairyqueen: Heidi Collins, a CNN anchor, is a recently appointed spokesperson for Celiac Awareness. Google her and you'll find the info. Yay media people with Celiac!

Ads by Google:

Thanks for posting...'GOING TO CALL YOU FAST FINGER PATTI' FROM NOW ON.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT

LOVE

JUDY

jesscarmel    3

i was just about to post it as well cause i got this email from the celiac listserve;

Hi all,

There will be a segment on Celiac Disease next week on "The View". =

Elizabeth Hasselback announced just this morning that she is a Celiac, =

and then she said "it is a gluten allergy". I think that is the first =

time she has said her problem is Celiac Disease. Rosie told everyone to =

Google Celiac, and watch for the segment next week.. Given all the =

publicity on "The View" recently, this will be a lot of publicity for =

the cause of people spreading the word of Celiac Disease.

lonewolf    0
i was just about to post it as well cause i got this email from the celiac listserve;

Hi all,

There will be a segment on Celiac Disease next week on "The View". =

Elizabeth Hasselback announced just this morning that she is a Celiac, =

and then she said "it is a gluten allergy". I think that is the first =

time she has said her problem is Celiac Disease. Rosie told everyone to

Google Celiac, and watch for the segment next week.. Given all the =

publicity on "The View" recently, this will be a lot of publicity for =

the cause of people spreading the word of Celiac Disease.

Do you know what comes up first when you google Celiac? Celiac.com! That means we'll probably be getting more visitors and "lurkers" here, which is GREAT! Let's all get ready to welcome newbies and answer questions. Just think about how many people will be interested and possibly visiting here after next week's show!

Ads by Google:

Jess,

How do you sign up for 'listserv'?

judy

That's awesome!

It's so nice to watch awareness grow, even in the two years since my diagnosis. It's going to help a lot of people, hopefully.

does anyone know exactly what day it is going to be on next week? keep me updated!! :) i hope it's tues or thurs otherwise i'll be in class and have to miss it... <_<

jukie    0

I don't see any info on their website about content of upcoming shows (other than this weeks guest stars). I sent an email and will post the info if they reply.

Ads by Google:

The timing is awesome also! With all this Rosie/The Donald stuff going on, more people have been tuning in to the View lately..... even me, and I usually don't watch it..... but will now!

Karen

Moongirl    0
does anyone know exactly what day it is going to be on next week? keep me updated!! :) i hope it's tues or thurs otherwise i'll be in class and have to miss it... <_<

Well i think if you check the schedule next week they may have it online or on the recap part of the website.

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/index.html

I also think it maybe a good idea to email the show or Elisabeth, I did, and just let them know how many people are thankful for them bringing this to their show.

jesscarmel    3
Jess,

How do you sign up for 'listserv'?

judy

Hi Judy

I signed up for it along time ago and dont remember how, but i will check my "celiac" files from when i first got diagnosed and see if i can find instructions on how to do it! i have to look for it becasue i havent seen it since we moved :)

i will send you a pm when i find it. i'm also goign to google it now and see if i can find instructions!

Jess

p.s i emailed elisabeth on teh view website thanking her for bringing awareness to celiac! here is the link to email her....

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/mail/hasselbeck.html

Rebecca47    0

ya hooooo

My mom had told me about last week, but she couldn't remember exactly what was said(short term memory loss caused by stroke) anyway I can't wait to watch. :lol:

Anybody find out which day yet?

I just went on and e-mailed Elisabeth on the view too. I told her how thrilled I was (we) were to hear that see was going to do a segment on it. :)

jerseyangel    409
Hey

Apparently the show will air this friday, not next week, as in tommorow so turn on your tivos!

Jess

Wow! Thanks for the heads up :)

marciab    2
Hey

Apparently the show will air this friday, not next week, as in tommorow so turn on your tivos!

Jess

Jess,

I looked at the schedule on their website, but didn't see this ... I'm sure I am missing something ..

I wrote a letter to Elisabeth and included info on my experience and nuerological celiac ... Marcia

burdee    80
Hey

Jess

Where did you see that the celiac disease discussion show will air on Friday (1/26/07)? I also emailed Elizabeth to thank her for openly sharing about her celiac disease experience. I encourage anyone reading this to email her a thank you note. Let's STUFF her inbox with appreciation for promoting celiac disease awareness!

BURDEE

marciab    2

It would probably be a good idea for those who have been diagnosed via biopsy or blood work and have nuerological problems that have resolved by going gluten free to email Elisabeth too ....

Thanks ... marcia