This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

American Idol Fans?

blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I am hoping to catch the show tonight. I have to pack. I am going away to my parents house, hopefully my niece will be born Tomorrow. My sister is dilated 1 cm. I am so excited!!!! Plus I have errands to run tonight. My mom missed Jordin last night and she was disappointed in that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guhlia Rising Star

Is anyone else really irritated by how tonight's show ended? That was just plain wrong to do to the youngest contestant on the show. I think it was cruel.

Jo.R Contributor

I agree, and I'm ticked that I stayed up past my bed time for that.

Cheri A Contributor

Oh, good. I'm glad that I'm not the only ones that doesn't like what they did last night!! That was just not right!!

AFA the rest of the show, I really enjoyed the singing. I was sobbing through a lot of the tape of the kids and people in Africa. So sad!! My kids were really affected by the 12 year old boy and his sister who are orphans and on their own. Carleigh said "I couldn't do that, Mommy. I can't cook my own bread and food."

I missed out, who went home? I hope it wasn't Jordin.

Cheri A Contributor

Forgot to add:

Amanda ~ have a safe and wonderful trip! How exciting for your family!! Prayers for your sister to have a safe delivery!! I just LOVE babies!! :D

Cheri A Contributor

Noone went home last night ~ but Ryan had everyone stand and declared them safe one by one until it was only Chris and Jordin left. Then he said that because it was a charity night noone was going home. Next week the bottom 2 will go home though.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confused Community Regular

I had a feeling that no one was going to go home, when he kept saying tonights results are going to shock you, then when he just had then stand one by one, i was like nope no one is going to go home tonight. I actually even think the contestants knew this to.

It will be sad to see 2 go home next week.

I cried for most of the show to, it is so sad to see all of those poor people and all those people affected by AIds.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, so I didn't watch much of the show, but the first thing I thought of when Ryan said it was the most shocking results ever was that Jordan must be going home. That would have been the most shocking result I could think of and you're saying they made her go last???!!! How awful!!!! That was most certainly planned...I think "whomever" knew that many would probably assume that was what they meant. That totally sucks! I'm glad I didn't watch then, lol. :lol:

HawkFire Explorer
I had a feeling that no one was going to go home, when he kept saying tonights results are going to shock you, then when he just had then stand one by one, i was like nope no one is going to go home tonight. I actually even think the contestants knew this to.

It will be sad to see 2 go home next week.

I cried for most of the show to, it is so sad to see all of those poor people and all those people affected by AIds.

paula

I was more upset by the living conditions. I know people are sick and dying and that is very sad, but to be sick and dying in such filth seems even more an insult to the dignity of the person. The endless trash those people are surrounded by was horrible. The huts the little children lived in. I expressed to my children the environment of the children. Where are the playgrounds, the parks, the bikes and colorful toys. For them, they could understand that more than the images of the sick and dying. Two of my children are still too young to appreciate human suffering on the scale presented by the images. My older child- who as an American Teenager has not witnessed such suffering in his life- still can't relate as an adult can, but was more empathetic than the two younger children. We have gone to orphanages in Mexico and brought along gifts to ease suffering... that is what we are capable of as non medical people. So, we have seen the suffering poverty alone brings. It is the ability to comprehend sickness that is difficult. But I know when I am simply ill, I like the comforts of a soft bed, cleanliness, healthy food and drink. That alone, eases some of the suffering. Knowing my children would be cared for were something to happen to me is another source of comfort. I can't imagine being one of those women.

Jo.R Contributor

Bon Jovi night! And I don't have to listen to Sanjaya ruin it. Yeah!

Guhlia Rising Star

WOW! What a night! I think Jordin was actually my least favorite tonight. I generally love her, but she was way out of her element tonight. Not a good song choice either. Blake was amazing, very daring. Chris was awesome and I generally can't stand him. I thought that was by far his best performance thus far. I really enjoyed Melinda also. LaKisha kind of bored me. It was good, but not great. It's hard to say who may be going home this week. I'm thinking maybe it will be Phil and LaKisha??? I'm just really hoping that Jordin stays despite her performance tonight.

Last night was great, I liked phil and blake and lakisha. Jordin was terrible and her hair was out of control lol. I didnt like melinda performance. Her goign from a little shy girl to being tina turner sexy just doesnt do it for me.

I am scared to see who will go home tonight. Im thinking chris and lakisha tho

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Yep, I really liked Phil's performance and most everyone else did very well too. I was worried about Blake's performance at first but liked it and was glad it was well received.

I also thought Jordin didn't do well, it was not easy to watch, lol. I'm one of the few that DID love her hair though, lol, I thought she looked very cute. :P

Jo.R Contributor

I have to say i was worried about Blake too, but he rocked. I think it was also a good move for him to go back to the beat box, it will remind his fans what is so unique about him. Jordin was hard to watch, I hope it doesn't send her home. I'd love to see Chris or Lakisha go.

Guhlia Rising Star

Yeah, it would be a real shame if Jordin got sent home after one bad performance. She's so talented. I really enjoy her most weeks. I'm also really glad that Blake went back to his roots. He has a nice voice and all, but without that little added something (beat boxing) he just doesn't stand out very much. What was with the dyed hair this week??? He looks way better as a patchy blonde. Oh, and I kind of liked Jordin's hair. I thought it was cute.

It was SOOOO nice to be able to enjoy the whole show without Sanjaya there to bring me down. :)

I had to work overtime and didn't catch it. I cannot believe I missed Bon Jovi night....I love Bon Jovi. Is he going to perform tonight? I'll be in heaven!!!!!!

lonewolf Collaborator

Did anyone already watch tonight? Could you please PM me with who got voted off? My girls want to go to bed early and just want to know. Thanks!

I saw the tail end and saw Chris leaving. I have to say I did like his last song. I can kick myself for working Tuesday night, just kick myself. I am assuming the other person who left was Phil.

Guhlia Rising Star

Yeah, it was Phil. Now it's Blake left with a bunch of females. :) This coming week should be interesting. Oh, and Bon Jovi did perform last night, but it was one of their new songs. Ugh... We fast forwarded through it.

I was sad to see phil and chris go home even tho i figured it would be at least one of them lol, but I bet they will get record deals anyway, if sanjaya did, anyone on that show can lol.

I liked bon jovi's song, i was laughing at the part that he said we were looking at old photgraphs and boy did we have alot of hair back then, I was like yes you sure did, I remember having those long haired days all over my walls as a teenager. I would love to go see him in concert again.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

I didn't watch last night...so it was Phil and Chris that got sent home. Wow. It shouldn't be surprising I guess, but it is somehow. :lol:

Cheri A Contributor

I watched both shows last night. I thought it was one of the better nights, except for Jordin. I love Bon Jovi! I was kind of sad about Phil and Chris because I really liked their songs, for once. :o

I really did not like what Blake did with his song. I thought it was terrible, but am glad that the voters must not have agreed with me! I really like his individuality, but not with that song. The more I watch him, the more he does remind me of Elmer Fudd. Wasn't someone here saying that? I'm also glad that Jordin didn't get the boot just for one bad performance.

I was just sitting here thinking of blake and his hair. Im wondering if he did that cause remember clay aiken went that color at one time.

paula

I do not like Blake's hair. It looks better blonde.

I cannot wait to go see Bon Jovi, I saw him 3-4 years ago, but it was amazing. I like all of his music, he is one artist that I still enjoy the newer songs.

I like Aerosmith, but their newer stuff is not my favorite.

Archived