This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

American Idol Fans?

blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Blake is 25.

You're home!!!!!!! Welcome Back!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guhlia Rising Star
You're home!!!!!!! Welcome Back!

I am!!! Finally!!! It was a long trip to be couped up in a little RV. I'm very glad to be home. Thanks again for filling me in on the Idol results. I was dying to know how things went. I can't wait to watch the show, we DVR'd it. :) We actually ended up coming home a day early because the RV sprung a water leak and the carpet inside was getting wet. Yuck!

annaleeb Newbie
Im going to miss tommorow night, weill someone tell me how well they sing tommorow, so when i do get home i can vote for the best lol. My stepson graduates from jr high tommorow so i will be there til about 8 or 9. But i still want to vote lol

paula

Hi, I will be happy to post, and let you know what happens! :lol: I will warn you I LOVE Jordin :D

little d Enthusiast

Hi

this is the only season that i have not watched a single show even the bad people, until last week when forgive me i dont know the girls name but she sang really good for being kicked off. I work on the nihgts that is on along with dancing with stars. ilove thatr show. later sorry cant splell with one handed typing, holding a baby at work, later

donna

Guhlia Rising Star

I really think Jordin has a strong chance to win this thing. I'm a huge Blake fan, but i really think Jordin may have it wrapped up if she has a decent night tonight. Either way they will both be superstars, so it really doesn't matter. They both have incredible star quality. I think this is the first year in which both of the contestants in the finale have such amazing star quality. I'm even more amazed that Jordin is so young and has it. It's funny too because this year started off so rough with so many contestants that really should have never been there.

bluejeangirl Contributor
I really think Jordin has a strong chance to win this thing. I'm a huge Blake fan, but i really think Jordin may have it wrapped up if she has a decent night tonight. Either way they will both be superstars, so it really doesn't matter. They both have incredible star quality. I think this is the first year in which both of the contestants in the finale have such amazing star quality. I'm even more amazed that Jordin is so young and has it. It's funny too because this year started off so rough with so many contestants that really should have never been there.

They not only sound amazingly good but they both have great personalities. Jordin's very sweet and loving and Blake seems to have strong character and very grounded. I liked how his dad is so proud of him it made him cry and Blake wanted to comfort him.

Really I don't care who wins like you said they're both winners already. Both will get record deals and both will have strong sales

Gail

I love Blake too but Jordin is so talented and young. I really would like to see her do this.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jo.R Contributor

I thought this was interesting:

Even Lewis appears to be on Team Jordin. "She's 17 and she's already a woman," he gushed, before going on to sabotage himself. "She performs, she's good-looking, she's got a fantastic personality and it reads really well on camera. And so I love Jordin Sparks. ... Regardless of the finale, I think she already won it in my mind and she was my pick in the beginning."

I think Jordin has it. anyone else?

bluejeangirl Contributor

I so disagree with Randy and Simon that AI is a singing competition and therefore the best vocals win. I wish they would define that better. If that were true then yes Jordin would win she was great last night. I'm so happy Simon complimented her.....finally. He was alittle hard on her. But if we expanded the definition of AI to performance and entertainment and also things like how confident you are and how you move, how you act with the audience,(maybe you can think of more) then your not so hung up on whether you missed a note or not.

Well they were both good last night. I agree Jordin best vocals and Blake best performance.

Gail

Guhlia Rising Star

I didn't care who won last night until the judges all pushed so hard for Jordin. Now I'm cheering for Blake. And that song they both had to do last night??? Horrible. I wouldn't want that on either of their first albums.

dlp252 Apprentice

Yeah, I think Jordin might have it. I liked them both last night, but I really think Jordin put a lot of herself into her performances last night. I actually loved the way Blake did the songwriter's song. :P

It's really funny about the judge's comments on singing competition cuz they're always knocking the contestants for not having a "performance". :P

I DO wish the judges would keep their "predictions" a little less gushy...that can't feel good for any of the contestants. Even if I was the one they were gushing about...sure, I'd feel good, but I'd also feel bad for the other contestant.

Mango04 Enthusiast

I think Blake will actually do a lot better if he loses. If he wins that horrible song with have to be his single, right? That would not be good :lol:

little d Enthusiast

Again I can't watch it tonight I am working. Darn having to work.

Go to whoever is the winner, they are both winners they got this far.

Donne

francelajoie Explorer
I think Blake will actually do a lot better if he loses. If he wins that horrible song with have to be his single, right? That would not be good :lol:

I agree with you there. That song is not for him. I definitely thing Jordin deserves to win but I do like Blake more because he's so different.

I really don't care who brings it home. I just like the reaction when they announce the winner. Can't wait for tonight!

dally099 Contributor

i take solice in the fact that the people who win dont generally do well with their careers. but the 3rd and 4th placers do, i will buy la kisha's and melinda's albums long before blake or jordins. and i know im not the only person out there that feels this way.

Cheri A Contributor

I'm going to end up watching both shows together again. I will be working tonight, but will TIVO it.

I do think that the ones that don't win come out ahead though.

I may catch the show but may not. My mom and sister and her new baby are coming to visit so I need to clean the house a bit. I also may make dinner for my future mother in law and brother in law. Due to our work schedules it may be a later dinner too.

Guhlia Rising Star

The winners do very well in their careers too usually. Look at Fantasia Barrino, she's starring in a Broadway show. That's pretty big. Plus, her album is awesome! She's done other acting things as well. Carrie Underwood is unbeatable in the country scene. She's won how many awards so far? Kelly Clarkson is doing very well for herself musically. The only one that really hasn't done anything is Rueben and even he had a few hit songs. Plus, he was on Sesame Street. :) He he he...

Amanda, do you want me to text you the winner or are you recording it? Let me know. If you want to know who wins, just text me.

angie, I am so sorry I didnt see your message until the morning. I did catch the end. I have been so sick. I am not sure if it is allergies or what but ugh. My family is coming to visit today which is nice. Thanks though ;)

So everyone I guess this is the end of our Idol thread till next year. I think I am going to watch the So you think you can dance show. That looks good.

This thread has been so much fun.

confused Community Regular

I am going to miss this thread too. I am not sure what i will watch now, it seems all my shows are over for the season. Maybe i will just give up tv for the summer lol

paula

I don't really watch very much TV at all. I am on my computer more. I have to be real interested in a show to remain seated the whole time. So alot of times during Idol I was getting antsy in the last 15 minutes or so. I am just that kind of person. My attention span is not always so good. :) You should see me at work.

I am glad Jordin won, although it looked as if she knew she had won.

I did not agree with Randy and Simon basically saying Jordin you deserve to win. How do you think Blake felt, I know if I was in Blakes shoes I would have felt horrible. I think the way Paula said it was much more nice.

I don't really watch very much TV at all. I am on my computer more. I have to be real interested in a show to remain seated the whole time. So alot of times during Idol I was getting antsy in the last 15 minutes or so. I am just that kind of person. My attention span is not always so good. :) You should see me at work.

I am glad Jordin won, although it looked as if she knew she had won.

I did not agree with Randy and Simon basically saying Jordin you deserve to win. How do you think Blake felt, I know if I was in Blakes shoes I would have felt horrible. I think the way Paula said it was much more nice.

I think she knew she won to, and i agree it was mean that they said she should win. But i do think it did come down to that song, i think neither one song it great, but jordin did the best with it. I honeslty think when they wrote that song they were making it for melinda lol.

I am the same way, i never can sit for very long, even when im on the puter, i get up and down so much. There are many times i start an post and have to get up and then come to finish it.

paula

I have a new laptop I bought just a week ago and didn't get to really to play too much with it. The keys seem a little farther away than my old one, so I can be writing a post and then I hit a key by accident and it either disppears or the words get all mixed up. Frustrating. LOL

Well my family is arriving,

Have a great day Paula!!!

Have fun with your family

I am off to clean and spend the first day of summer break with 4 of the 5 kids, one still has school then is off to a party lol

paula

Archived