This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac On The View

Guest cassidy

kbtoyssni Contributor

Article from celiacchicks:

Here Elisabeth Hasselbeck and friends listen intently to the brewmaster. I met Elisabeth later that evening and she was super nice. She told me to tell you that The View is doing an in depth segment on celiac disease this next Wednesday March 14th. Also, remember my little stunt at The View? Well, she actually did get the CeliacChicks tshirt! She explained that the reason it's taken her so long to "come out" about celiac disease, was because she was self-diagnosed and until she was able to get the gene test to confirm it, she didn't feel it was very responsible to claim she had a "disease" when she wasn't sure. That makes sense to me, especially for a public figure.

I can't wait to go home and watch The View! I set up the tape for it a week ago :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lisa Mentor

Does anyone know how to post a link to today's show. I tried to find it, with no success.

MY FRIGGIN CABLE HAS BEEN OUT ALL MORNING, and it finally came back at 2:00.

I missed the show :angry:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Can I just say that I LOVE DR. GREEN! :)

OMG - speaking as a single 45-year-old woman, I can say that Dr. Green is a MAJOR HOTTIE - - spoke with him in person, he is like an older (and less volatile?) Russel Crowe - - I would TOTALLY date him... :lol:

oh yeah, he's smart, too. ha ha!

I am pleased as punch, thought it was an outstanding segment. And yes, speaking our language, indeed! ;) Loved it. Can't fault it, except to say, they might have mentioned other hidden glutens, like lipstick, cosmetics, etc. But no big deal....great exposure!

Guest aparde

I missed it!!! Bummer! I heard it was good though. It is great that celiac disease is getting much more recognition than it has in the past!!!!

happygirl Collaborator

I have to re-iterate:

I LOVE THIS MAN!

And I really love Elisabeth also---I give her a lot of credit for speaking up about this. Same with Heidi Collins. KUDOS!

SusieQ..........you never fail to entertain!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
SusieQ..........you never fail to entertain!

:lol: thanks Laura......I am a little twisted, always happy to share... ;)

Yeah, I am so happy Elisabeth is speaking out! It's so major to have this show up on The View.....surely Oprah can't be far behind? :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
Does anyone know how to post a link to today's show. I tried to find it, with no success.

MY FRIGGIN CABLE HAS BEEN OUT ALL MORNING, and it finally came back at 2:00.

I missed the show :angry:

Lisa (and everyone), here is the link to the segment--

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

PATTI YOU'RE A DOLL!!

Just watch and it would wonderful. I think that we will hear more about Celiac in the future, thanks to Elizabeth and Heidi.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

thanks so much for the link patti

i'll put on d/s if you didn't do it.

love ya

judy

jerseyangel Proficient
thanks so much for the link patti

i'll put on d/s if you didn't do it.

love ya

judy

I didn't put it up over there--thanks!

Sent you a PM ;)

angel-jd1 Community Regular
Lisa (and everyone), here is the link to the segment--

Open Original Shared Link

Thank you for posting the link. I was teaching/working all day and didn't get to watch it live. I was grateful for the link so I didn't miss it.

Thought the segment was good!! *applause* Finally somebody gets it right!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Phyllis28 Apprentice

Jersyangle,

Thank you for the link. I was also at work and unable to watch the segment when it aired.

acousticmom Explorer

jerseyangel,

Many thanks for posting the link. I haven't watched the show in a long time, but it seems to me this was quite a substantial segment, more in-depth than their format normally allows.

Hooray! :)

Carol

ENF Enthusiast

The link says that the video is "no longer available". Same day it was put online? Strange

Maybe they'll fix it.

Michi8 Contributor
The link says that the video is "no longer available". Same day it was put online? Strange

Maybe they'll fix it.

Hmmm, It's still working fine for me.

Thank you, jerseyangel, for posting it. I had set my VCR to tape, but set the end time incorrectly...so I ended up with a whole four minutes of recording!! I was so happy to be able to see the video online instead! :)

Michelle

Anne AMP Apprentice

It won't play for me either. Maybe if we go directly to YOU Tub we can view it there.

Guhlia Rising Star

nope, removed by the user... Bummer!!!

Michi8 Contributor
nope, removed by the user... Bummer!!!

That is a bummer! I saw the still image on the page, and then got the "no longer available" message when I pressed play. Maybe ABC will have the segment on their website?

Michelle

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I have met Dr. Green in person and I think he is a great speaker. I will be seeing him again the the Suffolk Celiac's Vendor Fair on April 29th and I am looking forward to it.

The link will not work for me either! :(

jerseyangel Proficient

I just tried the link, and it came up for me....

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

PATTI

IT WASN'T WORKING AT 7:09

THINK THEY DID PUT IT BACK UP WILL GO CK AGAIN.

AND THEN THE U TUBE THING CAME ON

THINK THAT WAS IT...?

IT WASN'T THROUGH THERE THE FIRST TIME CAUSE I CK'D IT AFTER TO POSTED ON D/S

I'LL GO LOOK AGAIN.

J

Anonymousgurl Contributor

I saw it and thought it was just ok. :( I wish that they could have done a WHOLE show on Celiac, just like they did for Depression! I think Celiac deserves it :)

But they were supposed to have a section on their website about the products they showed and whatnot...but I can't find it. Does anyone have a link to it?

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I tivo'd it and just watched the segment. It was a really good. There was some woman who said she is gluten intolerant and was a guest co-host today who also sat in on the segment with Elizabeth and Dr. Green. She was kind of annoying and kept interrupting. But other than her, I thought it was great. Elizabeth and Dr. Green did an excellent job in getting out a lot of information, and very importantly correct information in a short amount of time. Then Elizabeth also had a whole table of gluten-free food set up.

It was excellent press.

floridanative Community Regular

Think it was a technical glitch with the video link. It's working on the NFCA site now...still not up on ABC.

I tried to e-mail both Bill and Elisabeth to thank them for the awesome segment. Neither would go through. Anyone else try and if so, did your note go through? I was able to go to another contact address for ABC and send them a note so I asked where the View's Celiac video link was as well as the list of foods they were going to post.

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

Did you all get to watch it???

The segment was done sans Rosie and The others - there was one girl with Elizabeth while she interviewed Dr. Green but she was helpful, not rude, and since I don't normally watch, I have NO CLUE who she was. She had said her mom was Celiac, though.

I thought it was pretty good....although, they didn't seem to give a lot of detail about how IBS is a common misdiagnosis and the DH is a definite link.

It was okay, though. Strides, making strides.

Archived