• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
VAGuy

"castaway"

Rate this topic

No replies needed or wanted - just want to say something -

Think of the Tom Hanks movie entitled "Castaway"

Think of him somehow crossing paths with the ship

I found a really smart dietician

I found this website

Now I'm on the ship

P.B. Lord, I GET MY LIFE BACK IN 'O4

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I found a great nutritionist as well and feel this will finally be my year to be healthy - a definite novelty.

Cheers to us all :)

Lily

that reminds me of my quote that I put on the outside of my notbook that I made for all my celiac info. The quote says :

"we can not change the direction of the wind.....but we can adjust our sails"

meaning we can't change things that have already happened, we just have to adjust and keep going.

-jessica :rolleyes:

Guest jennwillard

:D Jessica - Hi! I really like that quote you included in your message! I keep a journal of quotes/poems that uplift me, along with pictures that I find that I clip because I like them - and your quote is definitely going into my journal!! I needed to read/hear that, especially right now as it's not a great time in my personal life.

Again, thanks!

Jenn W.

I am a "quote keeper" also! ha Glad I could make you smile.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Susie swanson

• Topics

• Hi, I am a 24 year old male , with no family history of Celiac.  I have low testosterone.  they did a Biopsy today and during the scope the Doctor said I have Gastritis in upper stomach.  My lab are as follows:   Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum 132 90-386 (mg/dL) F Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA 3 0-19 (units) - Negative 0 - 19 - Weak Positive 20 - 30 - Moderate to Strong Positive >30 F Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG 2 0-19 (units) - Negative 0 - 19 - Weak Positive 20 - 30 - Moderate to Strong Positive >30 F t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG 21  H 0-5 (U/mL) - Negative 0 - 5 - Weak Positive 6 - 9 - Positive >9 F Endomysial Antibody IgA Negative Negative  F t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA <2 0-3 (U/mL) - Negative 0 - 3 - Weak Positive 4 - 10 - Positive >10   I am wondering the probability that I have celiac?
    • Get pictures if you can and contact GFWD if true and perhaps we can inform others better about this issue.
    • First this is a old post please check date, second, are you celiac/been tested? You should probably see about a gluten challenge and testing if you have not. Or are you confirmed to have a gluten/wheat allergy? What kind of testing was done to determine this? Or is it a NCGS gluten issue? Sorry for the questions but different people have different issues and it is a bit hard to address them without more information. Perhaps start a new thread and feel free to introduce yourself. We always welcome new members and are glad to help out. You mention allergy but also mention swelling stomach/gut which is is sometime a celiac reaction generally.  
    • My husband & I used to be beekeepers. It would be almost impossible for wheat protein to get into honey. The honey is inside the hive; it's not like it's laying out in the open in a plate or a bowl. Here's a hive.: https://www.mannlakeltd.com/10-frame-traditional-growing-apiary-kit-wood-frames-painted?gclid=CjwKCAiA4vbSBRBNEiwAMorER1htsezzCA5djegusWEGx_DzRHG4xePYQIxxd1paGZy4ibxMR_dSFxoCFUoQAvD_BwE The bees have a narrow opening at the bottom of the hive where they enter & exit & when they enter then they climb upward inside the hive. The bottom section is the brood chamber where the queen lays eggs & eventually become bees. At the top of that section is something called a queen excluder which is generally a metal screen type thing with holes in it. The queen is larger than the workers so the holes are smaller than the queen in order to keep her in the brood chamber. This is so she doesn't go laying eggs all over the hive. The workers fit through the excluder allowing them to go to the supers (boxes) above where the nectar is deposited in honeycomb & turned into honey & when a cell is full, they cap it off. You've seen honeycomb before. So when harvest time comes, the beekeeper takes the full (of honey) supers off the brood chamber & replaces them with empty (of honey) supers so the bees can start filling those up. The full supers get taken to what we call the honey house which is where extraction takes place. Here's a YouTube video of honey extraction. As you can see, this is not anywhere that other food is being made or prepared. Other food does not get done in honey production. It's a class all it's own. There's not going to be any wheat barley or rye there.   
    • I noticed my  gluten sensitivity problem started 2 yeats ago after I had my gallbladder removed.  I had to figure it out on my own what my problem was .my sister -who is a nurse practitioner -suggested to me that maybe I am allergic to gluten? I asked her what is gluten ?that was two years ago I have noticed a definite correlation between all my gastrointestinal problems starting after my gallbladder was removed.  as soon as I accidentally ingest gluten my stomach swells up so tight it feels like it will burst have a terrible pain right at the site of where my gall bladder was removed.  I'm so thankful for the site I've learned so much from all of you it is a hard road to travel to try to find things and you can eat that will not make you sick keep posting. I think it gives all of us encouragement! thank you.
  • Upcoming Events