• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Boston Market?

16 posts in this topic

Hi, we have a Boston Market in our local Stop and Shop..has anyone ever eaten their food? whats gluten-free? Did you get sick?

theres are some nights [like tonight] I'm not feeling great and too tired to cook, it would be great to be able to grab some pre-cooked food to bring home.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hi, we have a Boston Market in our local Stop and Shop..has anyone ever eaten their food? whats gluten-free? Did you get sick?

theres are some nights [like tonight] I'm not feeling great and too tired to cook, it would be great to be able to grab some pre-cooked food to bring home.

Betty,

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that they have a website, perhaps with a list of gluten free items.

(from the back of my mind and a long time ago....)

I was just on their site, couldn't find anything..but then my eyes are half closed lol

I emailed them, hopefully they'll get back to me soon

This has the ingredients for everything.

http://www.bostonmarket.com/restaurant?pag...e%20Your%20Meal

http://www.bostonmarket.com/restaurant?pag...Soups+%26+Sides

Just watch them like a hawk when they are making your meal. No matter how many times you tell them no cornbread, they love to still throw it on the tray. I once said no corn bread about 4 times, to the point that I was thinking this person is going to think I must think they're retarded. Well apparently she was, because she still put cornbread on there. When I told her I couldn't have the cornbread, that I was allergic she just took it off and then proceeded to go to the next person. Fortunately right as I was about to say something, the woman next to her grabbed my order, dumped it in the trash and started fresh.

thank you..do you ever get the soup? what do you normally get, if you don't mind me asking?

Ads by Google:

This has the ingredients for everything.

http://www.bostonmarket.com/restaurant?pag...e%20Your%20Meal

http://www.bostonmarket.com/restaurant?pag...Soups+%26+Sides

Just watch them like a hawk when they are making your meal. No matter how many times you tell them no cornbread, they love to still throw it on the tray. I once said no corn bread about 4 times, to the point that I was thinking this person is going to think I must think they're retarded. Well apparently she was, because she still put cornbread on there. When I told her I couldn't have the cornbread, that I was allergic she just took it off and then proceeded to go to the next person. Fortunately right as I was about to say something, the woman next to her grabbed my order, dumped it in the trash and started fresh.

This site is a great resource: Just don't make the mistake I did (at Panera Bread). At the end of the lengthly list of ingredients there is a list of "allergens". Look closely, example in the sides look at poultry gravy. The last list of "allergens" doesn't list wheat but if you read the INGREDIENTS. you see MODIFIED FOOD STARCH. Whoever analyzes their ingredient lists isn't knowledgeable. When the clerk is impatiently waiting for you to order and points to the allergens listed at the end,,DON'T RUSH. take the time to read the ingredients for those hidden glutens..Panera wasn't good for me!! And the gravy at Boston Market would be wonderful but for the hidden gluten.

My whole weekend, was a series of hidden gluten after another. I accidently bought a new brand of chicken broth,,,(it had wheat :o , and I didn't notice until to late. There were numerous other mistakes so I was feeling yucky by Saturday night.

I've ate there before and been fine. You do have to practically have NO CORNBREAD tatooed on your forehead, but there is plenty to eat. I usually get the white chicken, corn and maybe green beans or the apples.

I've ate there before and been fine. You do have to practically have NO CORNBREAD tatooed on your forehead, but there is plenty to eat. I usually get the white chicken, corn and maybe green beans or the apples.

I am really glad to add this to the list of restaurants that will make everyone in my family happy!! My husband realy misses eating out and I am slowly adding places I feel safe. :D

thank you..do you ever get the soup? what do you normally get, if you don't mind me asking?

I normally get the quarter chicken dark (or half depending on how hungry I am), with mashed potatoes and spinach. Although I also really like the new dill potatoes and butternut squash, so sometimes I get that instead. I love the corn but it tends to give me a tummy ache.

I've never tried their soup. Maybe next time I'll try the butternut squash soup. That crab soup sounds really good too, but again, I don't digest corn that well so I eat it sparingly.

This site is a great resource: Just don't make the mistake I did (at Panera Bread). At the end of the lengthly list of ingredients there is a list of "allergens". Look closely, example in the sides look at poultry gravy. The last list of "allergens" doesn't list wheat but if you read the INGREDIENTS. you see MODIFIED FOOD STARCH. Whoever analyzes their ingredient lists isn't knowledgeable. When the clerk is impatiently waiting for you to order and points to the allergens listed at the end,,DON'T RUSH. take the time to read the ingredients for those hidden glutens..Panera wasn't good for me!! And the gravy at Boston Market would be wonderful but for the hidden gluten.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe under the new allergen laws any Modified Food Starch that is not derived from wheat, has to have wheat listed in parenthesis next to it. So anything listed as just modified food starch without that addenedum should be derived from corn.

thanks everyone :D

You guys are life savers!!! This is awesome news for me just recently being diagnosed and really feeling like a fish out of water.:)

My understanding of the new labeling law is that it does NOT apply to resturants or their suppliers.

Hez

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe under the new allergen laws any Modified Food Starch that is not derived from wheat, has to have wheat listed in parenthesis next to it. So anything listed as just modified food starch without that addenedum should be derived from corn.

Does not apply to restaurants etc

I get Boston Market take out all the time. We get the Chicken, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, and other stuff for the rest of the family. I am the only one with Celiac disease. It has not bothered me when I have eaten it. Of course I stay away from the cornbread. It used to be my favorite.

Before I ever went gluten free, I ate at Boston Market once. The chicken made my lips start to swell, so I quit eating it. I know it is injected with who knows what. I'd be real careful there if you have any other allergies.

AMEN!!! Or let the first sentence and every third one after that be "AND NO CORNBREAD"

Even then, I trust their chicken (only if I'm watching) but I don't trust their sides. After they slapped the cornbread on my plate, in spite of telling them I couldn't have it, I told them I now needed a new plate with new sides. So they scrapped the sides off of the plate back into the steam table container and started preparing a new one. I realize they don't typically hire geniuses at fast food places but the typical server I've encountered really doesn't get it. And they swap spoons amoung the sides.