This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Protein Powder

holdthegluten

holdthegluten Rising Star

What is the best gluten free protein powder?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

winki4 Apprentice

I love GenSoy Protien Powder. gluten-free and wonderful taste.

Coltrane Newbie

Does anyone know of any whey protein powders that are gluten free? In the past, I have used GNC mega whey protein, but I called the company and they stated that there may be trace amounts of gluten in the product. I am now looking for a replacement.

Thanks.

Coltrane

I love GenSoy Protien Powder. gluten-free and wonderful taste.
tarnalberry Community Regular

"The best" depends on what you're looking for -

I'm fond of help protein powder, as I try to keep my soy consumption down, and it has a good fat ratio.

I also like rice protein powder for the taste in smoothies.

There's a quinoa/millet powder that is interesting in smoothies as well.

melie Apprentice

All of Jay Robb's protein powders are gluten free...I like the chocolate and vanilla whey powders the best, they also have chocolate and vanilla egg whilte protein...the powders smell like cake batter! But they aren't quite as tasty as the whey ones. The whey also comes in Strawberry, and maybe some other flavors, also unflavored. He also makes some protein/sport bars that are gluten free. jayrobb.com for info and also can buy on Amazon.

Melie

zkat Apprentice

I am also soy intolerant, so it rules out most commercial protiens. I ended up with Now egg white protien powder. I mix it 2:1 with pure dextrose. The egg whites have no taste, and the dextrose makes it taste like sugar water. I prefer it to the commercial whey protiens I have gagged down over the years.

Pacific Labs also makes Endurox, which is gluten free, but not soy free. I really liked that until it started giving me issues.

iluvfupa Newbie
What is the best gluten free protein powder?

Optimum Nutrition told me about a year ago all their whey flavors are gluten free except cookies and cream (it has cookie crumbs in it). I always get their double chocolate which is delicious. They also have enzymes in there to help out those who are lactose intolerant.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
CMCM Rising Star

I just tried Jay Robb's vanilla egg white protein--24g per scoop, 0g fat, 2g carb, sweetened with stevia. It's quite good, but expensive. I ordered a small one to try it out, but it's cheaper to order the big 80oz size. I've heard his whey protein is good, too.

Archived