• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Swansons Beef Broth?

5 posts in this topic

I know the chicken broth is gluten-free but do you know if the beef is?

thanks

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I use Swanson's regular beef broth (canned) all the time with no problems, and I'm super sensitive. It does have MSG in it, though, if that matters.

Be careful you don't pick up the "seasoned with garlic/onion" kind, those are NOT gluten-free (it says "seasoned" on the front).

I know the Swanson's Organic Beef Broth says gluten free and no msg right on the front of the box.

thank you both

The swansons beef broth label scared me (yes I really am that new, lol), so I gave all mine away, I had a few spare minutes and it was on my mind found the following at my local "safeway" grocery store:

"Kitchen Basics" natural beef flavor cooking stock

(also had vegan and chicken with same basic claims and simple easy to read and say names in the ingredients list)

"Allergy info" as printed on the box:

contains no glutens, soy, nuts, MSG, HVP, milk, eggs, dairy or fish

Indredients on the beef:

beef stock, beef flavor (principally from beef extract), vegtable stocks (carrot, leek, tomato, onion and garlic), sea salt, honey, bay, thyme, pepper

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AnemiaJen

• Topics

• I think that if you soaked in the paddle in vinegar and scrubbed it a few times, you will be fine.  But if in doubt, just set the mixer aside for a while until your family's health has improved.  In the meantime, use your arm to mix dough!  My grandma never had a mixer!   I bought a bunch of new stuff because I had been married for 25 years when diagnosed.  It was time for new things!   Everyone is different in their response to gluten.  Science has given us a good estimate, but we know that nothing is "one size fits all".  You just have to figure out what is best for you and your family.   My anemia resolved within months of being gluten free (ferritin levels).  I still have Thalassemia, but it is mild and my body has adapted.  It is most likely the one reason that I never made the Olympic team!  😆 BTW, family and friends are not allowed to bring in gluten into our house with the exception of beer.  They can contribute to a potluck by bringing beverages, uncut fruit and veggies, new condiments, tableware, and ice cream ......etc.
    • Thank you so much. It's so nice to have such friendly and helpful people to talk to while I await my answers.  I had an interesting experience yesterday... I ate a bowl of Kraft mac n cheese... then passed out for 4 hours and woke up vomiting. I've had a lot of experiences like that after eating over the past 2 years, but I never put those pieces together because celiac disease was totally off my radar. Just found it very interesting.  I've been pushing down lots of gluten-y foods just to make sure my tests will come out right. So tired of waiting! Really, if this isn't the answer to my 40 lb mysterious weight loss, fatigue, and painful gas/bloating... then what's left? Cancer doesn't seem likely in a 33 year old, but I am really scared.  Thanks for helping me through this. Anyone who stumbles accross this place is lucky to find such supportive and kind, helpful people!
    • Hello and welcome I don't have an answer, like you I'm eating rice in processed foods as well as a side dish so I'm also wondering if I'm eating too much. If the rice is in a product like flour there's no way to tell how its prepared etc However for this: You can pre soak and rinse the rice in advance and change the way you cook it to reduce your exposure by up to 80% Details: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2F1MDzyW55pg97Tdpp7gqLN/should-i-be-concerned-about-arsenic-in-my-rice    
    • I use almond, and coconut a lot now my bakery used to use oat and almond blends. We never used rice, or starches as our goal was to keep it low glycemic. Now days we are transitioning to cut out oats. I started having....ok I omitted and gave in after being in denial a similar reaction to oats (10% of celiacs do if I recall) over a year ago. Anyway as for flour blends premade avoiding rice and grains try simple mills at https://www.simplemills.com/collections/all I have composed a huge list of various gluten-free goods here, even recently updated with grain free, and pizza section https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/117090-gluten-free-food-alternatives-list/  
    • Hello Everyone, New here and have joined because I couldn't find an answer to my question online. I was diagnosed after a long spell with anemia in 2015 and have been on the diet (and improving!) ever since. But I wonder whether how much rice I'm eating is very healthy. I have always liked to bake and it took awhile to find a flour mix I like (Cup 4 Cup - worth its weight in gold...), but a lot of gluten-free food subs in rice (white rice, brown rice, rice flour) plus I eat actual rice as a side dish. Is this too much? Keep in mind, I also eat salads like it's my job and love making vegetable soups too. Any advice on gluten-free foods (specifically flours) that don't fall back on rice as a substitute? I should add that I can't really get excited about quinoa, despite my best efforts. Thanks in advance.  
  • Upcoming Events