This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Shaky,scary?

holdthegluten

holdthegluten Rising Star

Today i drank a soda and almost immediately after i drank it, I felt nauseous and i got the shakes all over. Waht is the reason for this. I started taking threelac 3 days ago and i am wondering if i am reacting this way because of the sugar or caffeine. I got really shaky, nauseous, and weak and dizzy. I also get this tingly feeling all over. Please any info would be great.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kellygirl Rookie
Today i drank a soda and almost immediately after i drank it, I felt nauseous and i got the shakes all over. Waht is the reason for this. I started taking threelac 3 days ago and i am wondering if i am reacting this way because of the sugar or caffeine. I got really shaky, nauseous, and weak and dizzy. I also get this tingly feeling all over. Please any info would be great.

Are you certain it is even related to the soda. I used to get that feeling all the time followed by ringing ears and then I would black out. When I learned to control them I wouldn't black out anymore. According to my Doctor these are panic attack. Another in the long list of things wrong with me. According to the book I am reading about Celiac Disease, panic attacks are a symptom of this disease, as they are brought on by addrenaline which our body releases when we are allergic to something or excited about something.

I know caffeine gets me wired but I have never had that type of reaction to a beverage before, other than alcohol which makes me violently sick.

Hope you are feeling better soon, take care,

Kelly

Rachel--24 Collaborator

If I drank a soda I'd definately react like that....and probably much worse. I have ALOT of intolerances but for me those type reactions are more due to the fact that my body cant handle all the garbage thats in a can of soda.

My body is already very toxic and having trouble emininating those toxins...soda would just be adding even more of it. If its a diet soda it might have an artificial sweetener like Aspartame....which is straight poison.

I would react like that to Aspartame, MSG or dyes (i.e. red 40). Caffeine isnt too great for me either. I havent had a soda for more than 2 years.

Sounds like you could be dealing with yeast.

little d Enthusiast

Hi

I have been drinking sodas for so long now that I get a headache for the lack of caffine (I guess detoxing from it and the sugar aspertame) I have gone as long as 2 weeks and I feel off the wagon and started to drink it again. But i know that Aspertame is horrible for you as well, THere was a new report here in the DFW area Texas that this woman who is a painter almost went blind and could not see her paintings or function as a normal person. I am trying to always remeber that and try to reach for something else that is healther for me to drink. But I still havent cut back that much, but I have been drinking more water, tha Glaucer VitaminWaters Grape is my choice to drink. But if I get the shakes it is because I need to eat, I usually wait way too long between meals especially if I am working my night shifts at the hospital.

Donna

Archived