This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Jay Robb's Egg White Protein Powder

lynne502

lynne502 Rookie

Has anyone tried Jay Robb's Egg White Protein Powder? How does it taste? What flavor? If not, can you recommend another gluten-free/Dairy Free protein powder that tastes good? I saw mention of a rice protein powder and a hemp protein powder, but I'd like to know if anyone likes the way they taste before buying. Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

melie Apprentice

I have tried the egg white Jay Robb powders in Vanilla and Chocolate. The vanilla smells just like cake batter! I preferred the chocolate, but found his whey powder to have a better taste and consistency. Adding a banana helps pump up the volume. I would rate them ''Acceptable'' but not Yummmmmy!

Melie

Mango04 Enthusiast

Sometimes for breakfast I mix a scoop of the chocolate powder with rice milk (I just shake it up in a nalgene bottle). I think it tastes really good actually. :)

• 1 month later...
TimSpfd Newbie
Sometimes for breakfast I mix a scoop of the chocolate powder with rice milk (I just shake it up in a nalgene bottle). I think it tastes really good actually. :)

I use the vanilla every day. Since I can't do dairy or soy it's great that this product is available. I usually mix mine with cran-raspberry juice, sometimes with rice milk added in for calcium. I also do the same and add Citrucel for fiber much of the time.

It's also great mixed into a smoothie with some variety of ice cream type stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Miriam3 Rookie

Where does everyone buy this Jay Robb's protein??!!! I have searched the internet and it seems everyone is out of stock. Any help?

dlp252 Apprentice

Here is the protein powder page from Jay Robb's site:

Open Original Shared Link

Mango04 Enthusiast
Where does everyone buy this Jay Robb's protein??!!! I have searched the internet and it seems everyone is out of stock. Any help?

health food stores, Whole Foods...places like that...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

melie Apprentice

carolbond.com, a health food store in TX with mail order, their customer service is awesome, they have called me when I've ordered both the egg white and whey powders just to make sure I knew that I had done that...very attentive.

• 1 year later...
IChaseFrisbees Explorer

Hey, so it says on the website that it may be processed on equipment that also processes wheat. Has anyone had any problems with Jay Robb's Egg White Protein Powder in vanilla or chocolate?

• 8 months later...
awisewoman Newbie
Has anyone tried Jay Robb's Egg White Protein Powder? How does it taste? What flavor? If not, can you recommend another gluten-free/Dairy Free protein powder that tastes good? I saw mention of a rice protein powder and a hemp protein powder, but I'd like to know if anyone likes the way they taste before buying. Thanks.

I have tried the strawberry and it is good.

• 2 months later...
Salax Contributor

I use the Whey Protein from Jay Robb. It's awesome. I mix it with a little milk and ice, I use the chocolate and will sometimes add a banana or peanut butter to the mixture. Great breakfast. It's not dairy free though, I was trying to find one coming from the Muscle Milk (that one is, but has wheat in it) prior to Celiac Dx. :( I can eat small amounts of dairy now....

I don't use the Egg one because of the processing statement. The Whey one that I bought (unless it's recently changed) isn't processed on the same lines as wheat.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
missybean Apprentice

I used to use Jay Robbs egg white protein and loved it until I found out I was allergic to eggs. But they now have a rice protein with no soy lethicin,no dairy or casien and no eggs....so it was perfect for me. The rice protien definetly takes some getting used to. But every kind of rice protien I have tried tasts kind of gritty or chalky......it's just kind of the way it is. But the whey protein or egg protein is yummy and it depends on what you blend it with I would alway do the vanilla flavor egg protien with frozen starwberries or blueberries and vanilla almond breeze or fruit flavored crystal light and it was like a little treat for me everyday. It was kind of a marshmallow taste. Now since I can't have soy,almonds or eggs or casien I have to stick to the Jay Robbs rice protien and it's okay....the flavor is right on and good it is just the constinancy of it...and that comes from the rice......I guess it's pretty standard with rice protien.

Archived