This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Emergency Contraception

sansglutengrl

sansglutengrl Explorer

Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of a situation... :ph34r: and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not the morning-after-pill, Plan B is gluten free?? I can't find out anywhere.... Any information as soon as possible would be huge.

Thanks!

-sansglutengrl

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Eriella Explorer
Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of a situation... :ph34r: and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not the morning-after-pill, Plan B is gluten free?? I can't find out anywhere.... Any information as soon as possible would be huge.

Thanks!

-sansglutengrl

I am looking it up, but my advice is that it is better to be glutenated than go through an abortion later.

happygirl Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

starches are clearly labeled as potato and corn

" The inactive ingredients present are colloidal silicon dioxide, potato starch, gelatin, magnesium stearate, talc, corn starch, and lactose monohydrate."

If in doubt, call your pharmacist, too.

Eriella Explorer
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

-sansglutengrl

I checked the inactive ingredient list ( Open Original Shared Link ) and nothing looks problematic. I would go the pharmacy, ask the pharmacist (not the technician who hands you the drugs) to also look over the ingredients, but it looks like it is safe.

Good Luck!

Felidae Enthusiast

It's better to be glutened than to have an unwanted pregnancy/child.

CarlaB Enthusiast
it is better to be glutenated than go through an abortion later.

The morning after pill is a chemically induced early abortion.

Ridgewalker Contributor
The morning after pill is a chemically induced early abortion.

Actually it's not; it prevents conception from occuring.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

psawyer Proficient

We're straying from the original question. She asked for information related to gluten intolerance, not for us to judge her or the product in question. Let's keep to the original topic, please.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Actually it's not; it prevents conception from occuring.

It can abort a conceived embyo before implantation. Open Original Shared Link

psawyer Proficient
We're straying from the original question. She asked for information related to gluten intolerance, not for us to judge her or the product in question. Let's keep to the original topic, please.

This is not the place to debate the ethics of the morning-after pill. We are not here to judge.

CarlaB Enthusiast
This is not the place to debate the ethics of the morning-after pill. We are not here to judge.

Sorry, I wasn't debating the ethics, only the mechanism. I know how controversial topics can go around here ... so I certainly did not mean to start a debate on the ethics.

Ridgewalker Contributor

Me too- sorry.

-Sarah

psawyer Proficient

Peace, everybody. Let's call this topic done.

• 5 years later...
Jaclyn87 Newbie

It can abort a conceived embyo before implantation. Open Original Shared Link

Actually if you go directly to plan b's website, they tell you it will not terminate a pregnancy if pregnancy has already occurred and that it has no effect on the fetus.

kareng Grand Master

Actually if you go directly to plan b's website, they tell you it will not terminate a pregnancy if pregnancy has already occurred and that it has no effect on the fetus.

You know you are responding to people who posted 5 years ago. Most of these people aren't on here any longer nor is this the place to debate the ethics of "Plan B"

Archived