This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any Support Groups In Los Angeles

GFDahlia

GFDahlia Rookie

Just wondering if there are any support groups in either Van Nuys, North Hollywood or any area in Los Angeles??

Thanks

Dahlia

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

newlyfree Rookie

Hi Dahlia - check out the Los Angeles Celiac yahoo group - I think they have a listing of support groups in their files section, if not someone from the list can tell you for sure.

GFDahlia Rookie
Hi Dahlia - check out the Los Angeles Celiac yahoo group - I think they have a listing of support groups in their files section, if not someone from the list can tell you for sure.

Thanks so much - I will try there

Merika Contributor

Hi Dahlia,

A few years back, some of us on this board from LA got together. It was really fun to meet in person, after knowing someone online. I haven't been on the boards for probably over a year now, so I don't know what's going on, lol. Didn't even know about the LA celiacs on yahoo! I guess I should check back more often :)

There is also an "official" celiac group that pushes for research and they have annual meetings with speakers and such. There may be a subgroup of support people. The name is escaping me at the moment. They are based in the valley. Maybe it's celiac.net ?

Merika

in Hollywood

• 2 years later...
Paul Jackson Rookie
Just wondering if there are any support groups in either Van Nuys, North Hollywood or any area in Los Angeles??

Thanks

Dahlia

Local celiac support groups in the Los Angeles basin are affiliated with the Celiac Disease Foundation, headquartered in Studio City:

The San Gabriel Valley Celiac Support Group (Open Original Shared Link) serves Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena and the San Gabriel Valley areas of Southern California. The service area lies between Burbank and San Dimas, and between La Canada and Whittier.

The area lying between Hollywood and Santa Monica is served by Los Angeles Celiac, a Yahoo! group (Open Original Shared Link) moderated by Suzanne Frieder. :D

To the south thereof, the area lying between Norwalk and Inglewood is served by Gluten Free Way 105, another Yahoo! group (Open Original Shared Link), which is moderated by yours truly. ;)

And to the south thereof, the beach cities to the south of Santa Monica are served by the South Bay Celiacs, headed by Caitlin Richter (southbayceliac@gmail.com). :)

• 1 year later...
Paul Jackson Rookie

Most celiac support groups on the L.A. basin are affiliated with the Open Original Shared Link, headquartered in Studio City:

The Open Original Shared Link serves Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena and the San Gabriel Valley areas of Southern California. The service area lies between Burbank and San Dimas, and between La Cañada and Whittier.

The area lying between Hollywood and Santa Monica is served by Open Original Shared Link, a Yahoo! group moderated by Suzanne Frieder. :D

To the south thereof, the area lying between Norwalk and Inglewood is served by Open Original Shared Link, another Yahoo! group, which is moderated by Open Original Shared Link. ;)

And to the south thereof, the beach cities to the south of Santa Monica are served by the South Bay Celiacs, headed by Open Original Shared Link, whose blog is Open Original Shared Link. :)

But in Orange County, the Celiac Sprue Association (CSA) has a Open Original Shared Link as well as its Open Original Shared Link.

In the spring, CDF hold its annual education conference and food faire; and in the fall, CSA's Orange County chapter also holds a food fair. :P

Guest VictoriaHoke

Thanks

Dahlia

The Celac Disease Foundation has their annual conference in May here in Los Angeles at The Universal City Hilton. About 700 Celiacs attend and there are lots of gluten-free vendors with samples. Lunch is provided with your admission also. This might be a good place to meet some locals and find new products. If you go I'll see you there!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived