• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Thanksgiving

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am a newly-diagnosed celiac, so your input would be so helpful. I will be attending a family Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey will be cooked with traditional stuffing (NOT gluten-free) inside it. Would this be cross-contamination? Or is it ok to eat it?

Thank you.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I went to a thankgiving dinner where the gluten stuffing was cooked inside the turkey and I didn't eat it. It's too risky. I just brought my own leftovers. It may seem insulting to some but at least you know you're safe!

That's all that matters B)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Hebasamir

• Topics

• Do a little research?  Google and then check out the manufacturers and see what is available in your area?  Read some threads about products that people are discussing and look them up?  I think most of us know what we can get in our area but would have no clue about where companies ship to or how they handle wholesale transactions. You haven't said what type of business - a bakery? Grocery?  Restaurant?   I think that if you are really serious about a "gluten-free business" you would put a bit of work into it. 
    • That doctor is delaying unnecessarily! If he's been sick for 2 months already, another 3 months is cruel and unusual.
    • IT could be many things, I find I have a gastric dumping issue with some meals, I know some food intolerance I have will trigger it. I know If I do not start my day with a big glass of hot liquid and magnesium and have it before a meal, that meal will sit it my stomach till it makes me sick and vomit it up 4-6 hours later. I know for me meats do not digest. they just sit in my stomach til I vomit them back up. Animal fats and certain oils do not digest same thing. just float in my stomach til I puke them up when they start going rancid in my stomach 4-6 hours later. I find digestive enzymes are a MUST. I take 2-4 times the suggested dosing, and even extra bromine with heavy protein meals.

There is another issue where some people have weak stomach acid there for the stomach does not digest food nor dump it. If you have this issue then betaine hcl will help this. For me it was not my acid but a enzyme issue.
    • I want to establish a gluten free business and i want to know the accredited suppliers for gluten free products in order not to get cheated by fake products from suppliers  is there a list available ? And can they export to other countries ?!  Thanks 
    • I am sorry that your daughter (and you) are experiencing this.  After diagnosis, celiacs need adequate follow-up care.  When was the last time her antibodies were checked?  Have they come down?  Are they still very elevated?  This link verifies what I said: http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/how-often-should-follow-up-testing-occur/ By testing you can help rule out active celiac disease.  It can take most celiacs a year or years to recover from celiac disease and all the collateral damage that can come with it.   Then you might consider a dietician who is knowledgeable about celiac disease.  Often going gluten free is not enough.  People tend to just find substitutes for their already unhealthy food choices.  She should focus on fresh fruits, veggies, meat, nuts, dairy, legumes, rice, etc.  and avoid processed foods until she has really mastered the diet.  The learning curve is so steep!  Read our Newbie 101 thread found at the top of our Coping section.  It contains helpful tips.   Autoimmune thyroid is very common with celiac disease.  Be sure to have her thyroid checked and antibodies tested for the thyroid as well even if other thyroid lab markers are okay.   Besides the lack of periods, have her other symptoms improved?   I wish you both well!  As a Mom myself, I get the worry!  We want our kids to be safe and healthy!    I am glad you are championing her health!   Oh, did the rest of the family get tested even if symptom free?        
  • Upcoming Events