Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Smart Squeeze

4 posts in this topic

So I've really been missing butter. I use coconut oil or shortening to cook, but I miss that butter flavor on waffles, potatoes, etc. I found Smart Squeeze, which wouldn't be great for baking (so the label says), but for topping stuff it should work. I emailed them (the company is Smart Balance) and here's their response--enjoy!:

We are happy to be able to advise you that all the products offered by GFA

Brands (with the exception of Smart Balance H-O cereals) are gluten free.

Smart Squeeze is also free of dairy and soy. It should cause no problem for

you.

If we may be of additional assistance, please do not hesitate to call or

write.

Joan Dippolito

Consumer Relations

Smart Balance Inc.

Ads by Google:

Thanks Julie,

I really like Smart Squeeze. It's good for just what you said--veggies, waffles, pancakes, etc. when you want the buttery flavor.

Hmm....I'm intriguied :) Can you get it at a health food store? Does it have artificial stuff in it?

I've found it at Food Lion and Kroger. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't attest to the taste or anything. The main ingredients are modified food starch (from corn), water, and sugar, I believe. It's supposed to be "good for you," and it doesn't seem full of hydrogenated fats, like some of the butter substitutes.

I'm glad that you've tried it, Patti--I love to hear from those with experience before I try something new!