This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Alexis Stewart On Oprah Tomorrow---infertility

Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hi all

Some will remember the discussion awhile back on the radio show she hosts that addressed issues related to celiac disease.

It said on the TV today and on the Oprah web site ...that Ms Stewart is spending $28,000 a month to get pregnant. It said her mom, Martha wants to be a grandma............if i heard it correctly.

Just thought some might be interested in watching.

Judy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Judy,

I saw that as well today. If I heard correctly, she will be on Oprah tomorrow. (verification needed). Ought to be interesting! B)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Lisa.

I tried to cut/past the Tuesday link from the Oprah web site to confirm but it wouldn't let me

I just went to www.Oprah.com. and looked at shows this week and it was there.

Verbally on the show today they said the Martha comment.

Time will tell.

There was a link on the same page the Dr Oz had tips on infertility but I didn't have time to ck it so don't know if he will be on. Didn't mention it.

Thanks Lisa

jerseyangel Proficient

I've seen it advertised several times that Alexis Stewart will be on Oprah tomorrow (10/9).

Guest Doll

Is it just me, or does Alexis Stewart look like a very unattractive man in makeup? I think *that's* her problem. It's kind of hard to get pregnant when you can't find anyone to help you with the deed. :P

As per her idiotic, uneducated, and ignorant sounding comments re Celiac, I frankly am glad she cannot procreate.

Tim-n-VA Contributor
Is it just me, or does Alexis Stewart look like a very unattractive man in makeup? ...

It's you. I'd help but I've been "fixed".

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

:ph34r: RELUCTANTLY PUTTING THIS UP.

DID ANYONE WATCH THE SHOW AS I SAW NO ONE POSTED?......OR MAYBE YOUR ALL LIKE ME....................... :ph34r:

I WATCHED THE SHOW AND JUST PLAIN DIDN'T WANT TO WASTE MY TIME COMMENTING ON HER OR SHARE MY OPINIONS------- AS MY MOM ALWAYS TAUGHT ME.................

"IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE....DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL" ENOUGH SAID? :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Didn't watch it, was at the courthouse getting a marriage license. Was it very bad?

Lisa Mentor

Judy,

I did watch it. I thought she was rather bizarre and TOTALLY void of any emotion. Perhaps that HUGE box of drugs at a HUGE cost she takes daily has neurological effects on her. (I have never been in that position but) If she wants a baby THAT bad, adopt. I do not want to be insensitive to those with fertility problems.

I found her very strange and now can understand her ambivalence to the e-mails sent to her regarding her statements on her radio show about the "new fad diet".

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

So she is having trouble having a baby and is not under any emotions?

John had high dose chemo just 5 years ago and was told his chances are going to a lot slimmer now. He was 23 at the time and did not save a sperm sample. It makes us both emotional (I show it more than he does) to know we may not get that family we want. We do not have the money or meet a lot of the requirements to adopt either. Most adoption places require you to be over 35 and married for 5-7 years.

There are so many children out there that could use a family you think they would loosen the rules. There are so many people waiting out here that would make great parents and have a lot of love to give.

missy'smom Collaborator
Judy,

I did watch it. I thought she was rather bizarre and TOTALLY void of any emotion. Perhaps that HUGE box of drugs at a HUGE cost she takes daily has neurological effects on her. (I have never been in that position but) If she wants a baby THAT bad, adopt.

I found her very strange and now can understand her ambivalence to the e-mails sent to her regarding her statements on her radio show about the "new fad diet".

I just caught the end of the show but this is the same impression I got.

jerseyangel Proficient

I saw the show--and you know what made me feel bad? The couple in the audience who have been trying to conceive for over 2 years, have mortgaged their home twice and were visibly overwhelmed by the whole thing.

It was in such sharp contrast to Alexis, who was so business-like about the whole thing and "oh-so-lucky" that the money wasn't a problem for her. <_<

I don't know her, or what's in her heart, but I felt for "normal" people in the same position who were watching. I don't know...her way is just not going to be a possibility for most, so why showcase? Maybe if I had seen just a hint that she was emotionally invested instead of just driven.

BTW, when she made her infamous Celiac remark, and was attempting to remove her foot from her mouth, didn't she say that she herself was gluten intolerant (or something to that effect) and that is why she couldn't conceive? If that's the case, it was interesting that she said on Oprah that she was in otherwise perfect health.....

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Didn't watch it, was at the courthouse getting a marriage license. Was it very bad?

CONGRATULATIONS AMANTA--I KNEW THE TIME WAS GETTING CLOSE. FORGOT THE DATE FOR WEDDING AT THE SHORE........REMIND ME OK

THIS IS A VERY EMOTIONAL SUBJECT FOR ME ALSO.

WE WAITED TO HAVE KIDS AND THEN TRIED 10 YEARS AND HAD 2 MISCARRIAGES.

THEN WERE BLESSED WITH ONE SON.

I GUESS IT WAS HER COLDNESS THAT 'GOT' ME...........TOTAL DETACHMENT TO ANYONE OTHER THAN HERSELF

I TOO FELT SUCH SADDNESS WITH THE OTHER COUPLES WHO WERE DOING AND FELLING SO MUCH ...AGREE WITH PATTI.

THIS SHOW REALLY GAVE ME THE INSIGHT NEED TO UNSTAND HER CALOUS RESPONCES TO US ON HER RADIO SHOW AND TO OUR PERSONAL EMAILS RE CELIAC............SOME TRYING TO HELP TO HAVE HER LOOK AT THE CELIAC ISSUE.

Green12 Enthusiast

Oh darn, I totally missed it! I had wanted to watch this......

Archived