This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celebrities With Celiac?

lauderdalehawk44

Saz Explorer

Australian Actress Holy Brisley has coeliac, she is on Home and Away wich is a very popualar soap here. Also I think that country music singer Troy Casser Daily may have it there was a comment made at the ARIAS (Music awards) last year about him having a gluten free bread roll.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast
Australian Actress Holy Brisley has coeliac, she is on Home and Away wich is a very popualar soap here.

I watch that soap everyday!!!(I'm in the UK, love Ozzie soaps - watch Neighbours too! :ph34r: )

Fancy that!!

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
I think an interesting followup question - how many celebrities are reading this board? :ph34r:

I think Tiffany is the celebrity - going to elaborate extremes, like pretending to live in Seattle and enjoy hiking and yoga, but in real life... :ph34r:

Mayflowers Contributor
Susie Essman has Celiac? That's wonderful, not really. But we need her help. She might be able to do a comic act about sillyak.

THANX! --jerseyangel

Ms. Sillyak,

I read your blog..good lord. I'm sorry about all your physical issues. Have you tried TM? I read that meditation can handle a ton of physical issues in Prevention magazine. I meditate and I'm much happier and it helped me greatly when my mother passed away. My sister went on anti depressants and I learned TM instead. I'm drug free... She's still on them.

Betty in Texas Newbie
:rolleyes: hello everybody this is some interesting stuff you all get the message out there some of you sound like you should be doctors. You all have really taught me a lot I had never heard of this disease untill I was told I had it in 2004 . Hey may be the rice companys could promote awareness My daughter work for American rice internationall I will ask her about it since we all eat a lot of rice . Also my nephew is going to be on American Idol on Tuesday night Sundance Head From Porter Texas maybe he will become famous and he can help us out watch for him . I will reading and learning thanks ever body Betty
Nantzie Collaborator

Oh my gosh! I just saw his audition. He's REALLY good.

How exciting!!!

:D

Nancy

:rolleyes: hello everybody this is some interesting stuff you all get the message out there some of you sound like you should be doctors. You all have really taught me a lot I had never heard of this disease untill I was told I had it in 2004 . Hey may be the rice companys could promote awareness My daughter work for American rice internationall I will ask her about it since we all eat a lot of rice . Also my nephew is going to be on American Idol on Tuesday night Sundance Head From Porter Texas maybe he will become famous and he can help us out watch for him . I will reading and learning thanks ever body Betty
happygirl Collaborator

Nicole:

The CNN news anchor is Heidi Collins.

Laura

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I give kudos to Heidi Collins for getting the ball rolling...... By her coming out and announcing it and highlighting it, perhaps that's what made Elizabeth Hasselbeck realize there's nothing wrong with admitting it..... Maybe more will come out now and announce they also have it.....

Karen

angel-jd1 Community Regular

I thought he was a hottie...........or at least adorable. Then I heard his voice and was like HOLY COW this boy can sing.........wow!! How cute was it that he said he had a good year, got married, and now expecting?!?! Awwwww

You have a good nephew. Does he have celiac too?

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Yenni Enthusiast

I believe my grandmother died of undiagnosted celiac disease. She has so much troubles with her stomach. Diverticulitis, ulcers, has stomi for a while...so much surgery. She was in the hospital so many times during my life/childhood that it was normal for me for her to be there. In the end she went every two weeks and stayed for a couple of days because of her stomach. The last time they did surgery again and it was so messed up in there that there was no clear path for the food to go. She died 2 weeks after that.

Jestgar Rising Star

Wow, that's so sad. People should be allowed to live out their lives free of pain.

• 3 months later...
baharhan Newbie

Emmanuelle Grey Rossum is celiac. Please visit: Open Original Shared Link to see her facts.

• 1 year later...
Kit Newbie
I was just recently diagnosed with celiac and have been on my diet for about a week. I was just wondering if their are any famous people or celebrities that are known to have celiac disease?

Susie Essman from "Curb Your Enthusiasm" was diagnosed with celiac disease a few years ago...around, say 2003?

She plays Jeff's wife. Jeff is Larry's manager.

• 4 months later...
Remenyke Rookie

The singer/actress Emmy Rossum has celiac disease. She talks about it a lot in her video blogs.

UnhappyCoeliac Enthusiast

rumours of JFK

as a young male he is the only remotely cool person unfortunately I have found to be struck by this disease

for the pretty girls and Posh has it

UnhappyCoeliac Enthusiast

Open Original Shared Link

Possibly Steve Jobs one of the best CEOS in the world! Really I watch his vids on youtube

Crayons574 Contributor
I was just recently diagnosed with celiac and have been on my diet for about a week. I was just wondering if their are any famous people or celebrities that are known to have celiac disease?

Emma Rossum and Elizabeth Hasselbeck. I think there are a few others as well.

• 4 weeks later...
princesskill Rookie

someone on this thread mentioned jim carrey as a possible celiac. thats not the case. he eats the specific carbohydrate diet (no gluten, no rice, potatoes, other grains, sugar, or lactose...i believe). because his partner, jenny mccarthy's son is austitic and the SCD is shown to be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
cooki.dough Rookie

If you read her blog, Meg Cabot (writer... wrote the Princess Diary series) has recently been diagnosed with celiac. She talks about dealing with it on her blog.

latteda Apprentice

I follow Ingrid Michaelson's Twitter, and the other day she posted, "Why does everything delicious have to have gluten in it." I assume she must have Celiac.

• 2 weeks later...
PhillyCeliacTriathlete Newbie

John Forberger is a famous triathlete, runs a blog (www.glutenfreetriathlete.com), has Celiac Disease and kicks butt in his races. He won several events last year.

Talk about motivation. Celiac and TRIATHLONS? That is nuts.

kaleesmom Newbie
According to what I've read, the average time to diagnose celiac disease in the US is 11 years, in Europe, it's 3 weeks. So, I agree, we need to educate people, including the medical community.

There is apparently a radio talk show host in Chicago who is celiac disease as well, but I don't know that for a fact.

I am an Emergency physician and my daughter has celiac disease. My husband and I believe she probably came within a few months of dying from the disease. She developed severe constipation at 7 months of age, and spiraled down over the course of the next year. She was blood tested for celiac at 1 year of age, and her tests were negative. As a result, we could not convince our pediatricians or our pediatric GI that there was anything wrong. Our GI told us she "would grow out of it". I was unable to find a new GI, as the earliest next appt time was 6 months away (which I strongly believe would have been too late). After quite a bit of begging and pleading (and a little threatening), our pediatrician pulled some strings and set us up with a ped. GI about 2 hours away the next day. One look at her distended belly, muscle atropy, wasted, gaunt and pale appearance, he suspected celiac. The blood tests nearly deterred him as well, but an endoscopy/biopsy showed severe celiac disease.

I now mention to anyone I see with vague abdominal pain, a history of IBS, or BM problems the possibilty of celiac. I may be known as the crazy ER doc who is convinced everyone has it, but hopefully I will make a difference in at least one person's life.

• 2 years later...
MitziG Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing that link, it was interesting. It says he succumbed to celiac disease. I really don't understand how he died from it, unless he didn't stop eating gluten. Can we die from this?

yes you can die from it. basicly it gives you all sorts of auto immune diseses and will attak your intestins . most people die from intestinal cancer, other health problems caused by celiac, or malnutrition caused by your bodies not being able to absorb any nutriants.

IrishHeart Veteran

yes you can die from it. basicly it gives you all sorts of auto immune diseses and will attak your intestins . most people die from intestinal cancer, other health problems caused by celiac, or malnutrition caused by your bodies not being able to absorb any nutriants.

This thread is several years old and the poster you are replying to may not see your response. Just so you know!

lil'chefy Apprentice

Rich Gannon the football player has a daughter with Celiac. He does quite a few publicity things for the disease. You may have heard of Danielle's Decadent chocolate cake mix, it is named after his daughter.

Also Elizabeth Hasselback, new co-host on "The View" talkshow and also a Survivor contestant is possibly a Celiac. She has mentioned several things on air that lead people to believe that she is.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Hasselbeck is definitely celiac. She wrote an extraordinary book about it. No questions there!

Archived