This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Threelac/grapefruit Seed

holdthegluten

holdthegluten Rising Star

Is threelac enough to stop candida by itself? It is a probiotic and not an antifungal. I have been using threelac and Grapefruit seed extract together and noticed some pretty bad die off like symptoms. Should i ditch the GSE and just use Threelac, or should i continue with both? I want to rid the candida, but i dont want to be miserable while doing it. Has anyone else had these symptoms while treating candida: Bloated, headache, nausea, major fatigue, burning eyes, and dizzy spells?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jmd3 Contributor
Is threelac enough to stop candida by itself? It is a probiotic and not an antifungal. I have been using threelac and Grapefruit seed extract together and noticed some pretty bad die off like symptoms. Should i ditch the GSE and just use Threelac, or should i continue with both? I want to rid the candida, but i dont want to be miserable while doing it. Has anyone else had these symptoms while treating candida: Bloated, headache, nausea, major fatigue, burning eyes, and dizzy spells?

Someone told me that threelac has gluten in it, I wish I could remember which glutenous protein it is. It is suppose to rid yourself from "Bloated, headache, nausea, major fatigue" I would check to see what exactly is in it to make sure. Check to see how they grew the bacteria, was it grown on a barley base? But I am told that healing crisis would make your feel this way.

But from taking a probiotic that made me feel the way you are describing, I WAS glutened from it, I failed a blood test and I had been taking it for about 3 weeks....I kept getting worse.

jmd3 Contributor

Not sure if all threelac is made by the same company....but the page I found here is their quote -

"ThreeLac and SIDE EFFECTS

Since Threelac is not a medication, there are no side effects. You may experience cleansing symptoms such as rashes, headaches or constipation as the toxins exit the body. Oxygen Elements Plus, LHB or ACTIVE ENZYMES and fiber are recommended to help with this cleansing process. Drink lots of liquids.

Is ThreeLac cultured in milk?

No, the flora in Threelac is not cultured in milk, nor are there any lactose or dairy products in Threelac at all.

Do These products Contain WHEAT, GLUTEN or CORN?

GHT makes every effort to avoid common food allergens in their products. ThreeLac and all products are free of corn, wheat, and gluten.

Is canola oil safe?

There is a lot of confusion about canola oil's safety. While the Internet can be a great source of information, many rumors and urban legends have circulated on web sites and been passed along in e-mails. Urban legends usually warn of dire consequences from something perfectly innocent; they often relate a story about someone who had such a terrible experience with something, yet that person almost always remains anonymous. These often frightening stories or accusations usually lack enough detail to make scientific, logical evaluation of the claim. Our own study and use of canola oil leads us to believe it is as safe as most other vegetable oils. Many common items in health food stores have Canola oil as an ingredient.

Canola oil contains less than 1 percent erucic acid. Actually, another name for canola oil is LEAR (Low Erucic Acid Rapeseed) oil.

Taking Oxygen Elements Plus with MEDICATIONS

Oxygen Elements Plus (OE+) increases absorption of nutrients and ALSO OF ANY MEDICATION. Therefore, if you are taking any pharmaceuticals (including inhalers for asthma or emphysema), take the OE+ an hour on either side of your regular medication. Other than that, it should not interfere whatsoever with any prescribed medication."

I hope that helps.

holdthegluten Rising Star
Not sure if all threelac is made by the same company....but the page I found here is their quote -

"ThreeLac and SIDE EFFECTS

Since Threelac is not a medication, there are no side effects. You may experience cleansing symptoms such as rashes, headaches or constipation as the toxins exit the body. Oxygen Elements Plus, LHB or ACTIVE ENZYMES and fiber are recommended to help with this cleansing process. Drink lots of liquids.

Is ThreeLac cultured in milk?

No, the flora in Threelac is not cultured in milk, nor are there any lactose or dairy products in Threelac at all.

Do These products Contain WHEAT, GLUTEN or CORN?

GHT makes every effort to avoid common food allergens in their products. ThreeLac and all products are free of corn, wheat, and gluten.

Is canola oil safe?

There is a lot of confusion about canola oil's safety. While the Internet can be a great source of information, many rumors and urban legends have circulated on web sites and been passed along in e-mails. Urban legends usually warn of dire consequences from something perfectly innocent; they often relate a story about someone who had such a terrible experience with something, yet that person almost always remains anonymous. These often frightening stories or accusations usually lack enough detail to make scientific, logical evaluation of the claim. Our own study and use of canola oil leads us to believe it is as safe as most other vegetable oils. Many common items in health food stores have Canola oil as an ingredient.

Canola oil contains less than 1 percent erucic acid. Actually, another name for canola oil is LEAR (Low Erucic Acid Rapeseed) oil.

Taking Oxygen Elements Plus with MEDICATIONS

Oxygen Elements Plus (OE+) increases absorption of nutrients and ALSO OF ANY MEDICATION. Therefore, if you are taking any pharmaceuticals (including inhalers for asthma or emphysema), take the OE+ an hour on either side of your regular medication. Other than that, it should not interfere whatsoever with any prescribed medication."

I hope that helps.

Thank you............my maon concern is starting off too fast with killing the candida and facing very harsh die off symptoms. I really want to get better fast, but i dont want to be debilitated while doing so.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

When doing a search of Threelac on line I found this in their ingredients, since the powers that be say that oats are okay for us (and many of us know otherwise) they can say it is gluten free. But it does contain oat fiber, something not all of us may tolerate.

A perfect blend of:

Organic Flaxseed

Organic (gluten-free) Oat fiber

Organic Acacia gum.

I also noticed the product contains yeast, something others of us may have a problem with. I noted a lot of comments from companies that sell the product saying it was gluten-free but I also noted many comments listed from people on other sites that said that although it is supposed to be gluten-free many had problems with it.

You may want to google threelac and read some of the comments from users that are gluten free before you decided for yourself whether this is something you want to take.

• 1 year later...
Arlek Apprentice

I've never used Threelac, but after researching it, today, according to one website it looks like it has gluten in it (or maybe it said something was derived from something with gluten in it; not sure which). Other sites, however, say that it's gluten-free. Kind of confusing. That might be what's causing the problems, though. It's worth a thought. It could very well be removing the candida, though.

I have heard of side-effects of candida-removal similar to those you describe (but through Threelac

Arlek Apprentice

Finally found the site I was talking about again. Here's what it says for Threelac:

"

Other Ingredients: Micro-Crystalline Cellulose, Refined Dry Beer yeast Powder, Gelatin, Canola Oil, Silica, Caramel, Titanium Dioxide.

Contains ingredients derived from milk and wheat (Milk Protein 4 ppm; gluten 30 ppm)

"

So, it has 30 ppm of gluten.

Here's the site URL:

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Arlek Apprentice

You could always do product searches for the specific bacteria found in Threelac, and hope they're gluten-free

Mrs.Doyle Newbie

I didn't try threelac, but I did have die-off issues that were unpleasant. I alternated oregano oil and grapefruit seed extract. I switched every few days between them because I came across information that said some yeast respond to one and not the other and that the yeastie beasties can build up a tolerance, so I did my best to confuse them. I also ate coconut oil as it is antifungal and it seemed to do a good job. I had the die-off *flu* for about 2 weeks and then started feeling better. Then I added in a probiotic once I felt that my gut was getting to a better place. I didn't add it earlier because I was worried that the oregano oil and GSE would kill off the good critters, too. Not sure if that is correct or not, but it is how I did it...

Arlek Apprentice
I alternated oregano oil and grapefruit seed extract.

How did you use the oil and extract? I'm curious.

Archived