This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How To Handle This . . .

LynnR

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

Thank you all my Celiac cyberspace friends!

I printed out your posting and dad and I read though them. Thanx! You have all made it easier for us to understand and cope...

And perhaps someday when I meet a nice guy and can travel again to europe or some far off fun spot like I use to do, I can use all this helpful information all of you have given me, and I can have FUN again.

My rock star brother has let [stardumb, fame and b*tch bridezilla] get to his head. They have NO compassion for my illness and could careless about the me traveling to a third-world country. After speaking with him I understand the REAL reason, I no longer have a brother...

I will do exactly what - ajlauer and Maggie1956 suggested. plantime I found comfort in knowing you have a SIL and brother that would do the same thing. I don't feel so alone.

I will plan something else that weekend. After all ~ it's my birthday that weekend too! ;-D

Thanx again!

PS - ajlauer - The band is in the top single didgets on the record charts.

• 3 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

westiepaws Apprentice

Hi Ms. Sillyak how did your brother manage to escape the celiac gene? Or is he just ignoring reality and not getting tested (like my brother)?

(Side note, I will be way grumpy if my brother gets celiac-related problems in his later years and expects moi to be his caregiver.....and he will be way grumpy when I refuse! And now back to our regularly scheduled celiac.com programming.....)

If I were you, I would either fly down just for the day and go to the wedding only, then fly back, or skip the whole freaking thing. It's bizarro that they chose your birthday, and way too risky.

If I knew your brother's band, I'd be sure to never buy any of their records so bridezilla has less money to spend. :lol:

Hugs,

westiepaws

Guest ajlauer
If I knew your brother's band, I'd be sure to never buy any of their records so bridezilla has less money to spend. :lol:

:lol: I guess that would be why she won't tell us! I checked the charts (when sillyak posted that last post) and found one rock band in the single digits. Assuming that's the one... but with no FORMAL confirmation, I can't be sure!! The day after I did that, my son was watching (and rewatching) one of that band's music videos. It was driving me NUTS wondering if that was "THE band"!! I'm too curious. Far... far too curious!

Oh, and then I look at the band members and wonder which one is "the brother"!

ianm Apprentice

If your brother is a famous rock star, what in the world is he doing getting married to someone like that?

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
:lol: I guess that would be why she won't tell us! I checked the charts (when sillyak posted that last post) and found one rock band in the single digits. Assuming that's the one... but with no FORMAL confirmation, I can't be sure!! The day after I did that, my son was watching (and rewatching) one of that band's music videos. It was driving me NUTS wondering if that was "THE band"!! I'm too curious. Far... far too curious!

Oh, and then I look at the band members and wonder which one is "the brother"!

If you think u know what band it is research it and see if any of them are getting married soon...that may shed some light.

• 3 months later...
ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

HI all my CELIAC cyberspace friends.

My rock star brother has let [stardumb, fame and b*tch bridezilla] get to his head, but fame won over.

The PIXIIEDUST FAIRY came along out of nowhereland, just down the street from rock star never-never-land, and sprinkled pixiedust over him.

It seems the week long Mexican CanCun beach side wedding all expenses paid for her entire family, has been called off. Yes, you read right CALLED OFF! [giggle] oops that wasn't me. [giggle]

The band just left for another USA tour, they'll be back home for Xmas, and off again to Europe just after New Years. If you remeber the wedding is the first weekend in December.

Oops I can't contain myself but b*tch bridezilla's nose is out of joint, and has posponed it for a while.

Thank you, God is good!

-------

ianm - you got that part right. he's in a rock'n'roll band in an altered state of mind... [giggle]

-------

westiepaws - I wondered about the family and where it all came from too. I do know he has serious digestive problems.

Guest nini

That's almost funny about the wedding in Cancun being postponed/cancelled! But I agree with everyone else that said to just send a card and enjoy your week... The stress of it all would be too much for me!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived