• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Alka Seltzer Gold

3 posts in this topic

A book I'm reading suggests, "Use alka seltzer gold as needed during detox week for headaches or digestive discomfort. Use it any time you have an adverse reaction to allergy food."

Has anyone heard of or tried this?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

My allergy Dr. uses and recommends Alka Selzer Gold-not sure if its gluten-free. I have not taken it in a few years. It is the vitamin C that helps with the non-anaphalactic allergic reactions. In that form it absorbs more rapidly. I just empty 4 250mg vit. C capsules into water or take OLA LOA sports drink (with 1000mg vit C) It does help.

I was just on an elemination diet that suggested the same thing. I couldn't find the gold kind but did check with the company before looking and it is gluten free.

Yellow Rose

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    KDR

• Topics

• Kaiser offers the full panel, but a primary care MD can not order it -- only a GI.  Again, a visual is not needed.  Damage is usually severe if it can be seen visually (e.g. Scalloping, etc.).  Villi are microscopic though.   When you got the referral, you probably should have found a GI on your own by searching through the Kaiser directory and finding one who has some mention of celiac disease in his bio.  Too late, but that is kind of how it works.  Your PCP does not know the GI docs.  The scheduler just makes appointments.  So, now,  that you have been referred to a GI, you can probably schedule another appointment on your own by passing your PCP.  Wait first for the pathologist's report.  They might not put it on the patient portal, so get a hard copy for your records.  If it is negative and they took four or biopsies, you will have your answer. Then you can consider trialing the diet.  If they did not take enough samples, ask for the DGP and EMA tests, including the control test IGA deficiency (which affects 10% of celiacs, but do not quote me on this).  You could wait a few years until you think damage is severe enough to find.  celiac disease can be hard to diagnose.  It can develop at anytime.   Don't forget you might have a gluten sensitivity too and not celiac disease.   Kaiser responds well to requests in writing.  Try the patient portal first before a registered letter.  If they are not following the standard level of care, they are at risk for a lawsuit.  Be nice.  Say something lame in your letter like,  "We had such a nice short visit, so I  forgot to ask ....blah, blah, blah." My own relatively new PCP is still learning about celiac disease.  That is okay.  At least she has an open mind.    
    • It is gluten free...I eat it regularly and have had no issues and it tastes yummy. 😀
    • A quick update: I emailed my primary doctor and she is on the same page as the GI doctor, saying the Endoscopy looks normal. Even before we've gotten the biopsy back.  By the way, I should mention I'm dealing with Kaiser in the Bay Area, CA and everything I've found about Kaiser on these forums is horrible and similar to my own experience.  I specifically asked about all the components of the full celiac panel and that I would like to get it and all she said was: "The lab tests are not perfect. Although they may indicate an increased risk for celiac, they are not as specific as the biopsy." So, now we should just ignore the positive IgG? How am I supposed to know if I'm IgA deficient if they don't test for that? I replied and asked again and she said that Kaiser doesn't offer the full panel. Why not? And I said I want vitamin and iron tests and no reply to that yet.              
    • Thank you so much for all the help and support you have given me. I cannot thank you enough. I am ever so sorry to post again here but wondered if I could check with you about this. When at work, I very rarely get chance to eat a lot and so have always been eating the Milky Way UK bars, which I believe contain gluten or barley. I usually have around 6 of these as they tide me over until getting home. I also have two slices of bread on a morning. I was wondering whether this would be sufficient as I am worried in case I haven't had enough gluten?  Thank you for everything and I wanted to apologise for being a nuisance on here.
    • Thanks Matt I appreciate your response and assistance getting " moved to my own thread" thanks so much. I do have the results of my labs they took and am unsure which labs are which so I will try to attach them and perhaps someone can help me decode them.😂   Thanks again Heidi  
  • Upcoming Events