• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
Guest The Weasel

St. Augustine, Florida

Rate this topic

Guest The Weasel

I'm curious if there is anyone in the area or frequents St. Augustine. I'm road-tripping down there to visit over the New Year and wanted to know how easy it is to access gluten free foods in stores and restaurants I could safely eat at. I did a search for St. Augustine but the "St." part wouldn't go through and regular "Augustine" didn't turn anything up so hopefully this isn't a double post.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I'm curious if there is anyone in the area or frequents St. Augustine. I'm road-tripping down there to visit over the New Year and wanted to know how easy it is to access gluten free foods in stores and restaurants I could safely eat at. I did a search for St. Augustine but the "St." part wouldn't go through and regular "Augustine" didn't turn anything up so hopefully this isn't a double post.

I am a frequent traveler to St. Augustine. While I have only been on the gluten-free diet for 6 months, my most recent visit to St. Augustine was gluten-free.

With respect to stores, I discovered that Diane's Natural Foods Store located at 240 State Rd 312 (corner of Route 1) had a very good selection of gluten-free foods. In terms of restaurants, the Columbia Restaurant located in downtown St. Augustine at 98 St. George Street has a gluten-free menu posted on its website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/news_events.asp

Items such as Spanish black bean soup, chicken and yellow rice, roast pork, shrimp criollo, paellas, lamb ribs, shrimp ajillo (garlic), snapper, filet mignon, flan, etc. are just a few of the items the Columbia Restaurant lists as being gluten-free. (They also have a terrific sangria - which is naturally gluten-free!)

Le Pavilion Restaurant (European cuisine) is located down the street from the Castillo San Marco at 45 San Marco Avenue. Although the do not have a gluten-free menu, I found the wait staff to be very knowledgeable and they indicated that they frequently received gluten-free requests.

Good luck!

I have gone to Harry Seafood and to Columbia Restaurant. Panama Hattie