This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Have You Ever Tried The Products From Shaklee?

jen2be2

jen2be2 Explorer

I was looking on the internet for a new non-toxic gluten free house cleaners when I found this company called Shaklee.

I e-mailed the rep asking if their cleaners were gluten-free, and this is the list that she sent to me:

The Shaklee Get Clean Cleaning products are all Gluten free EXCEPT the hand wash soap it contains oatmeal.

Once again, Thank you and please feel free to ask any questions that you might have in the future.

Sue Independent Shaklee Distributor

Get Clean Cleaning Products are under Home Care or Open Original Shared Link

P.S. Here is a list of All Gluten free Shaklee Products:

SHAKLEE GLUTEN FREE PRODUCTS

1. Energizing Soy Protein, Vanilla

2. Energizing Soy Protein, Creamy Cocoa

3. Instant Protein Soy Mix

4. Carotomax-Lutein, Lycopene, Astaxanthin, and more

5. Flavomax-w/Elderberry, Grapeseed Extract, Quercetin

6. Powerful Antioxidant Solutions (Flavomax & Carotomax)

7. Alfalfa Complex-Alfalfa, Spearmint and more

8. B-Complex-high potency B vitamins with folic acid

9. Citriboost Powder- w/23 vitamins and minerals, acidophilus, and Prebiotics

10. Chewable Cal Mag Plus-calcium, Magnesium, vitamin D, and more

11. Chewable Vita-C 100 mg-enhances immune function

12. Lecithin-from soybeans

13. Liqui-Lea plus Iron-liquid multivitamin

14. Osteomatrix

15. Sustained Release Vita-C 500 mg

16. Vita-Cal Chewable

17. Vita-Lea with iron-high potency multivitamin and multimineral

18. Vita-Lea without iron

19. Vita-Lea Gold-All

20. Multi-Munch Nutrition Energy Bar, Honey Peanut

21. Meal Shake, Bavarian Cocoa

22. Meal Shake, Creamy Vanilla

23. Shaklee Performance, Lemon Lime-Maximum endurance sports drink

24. Shaklee Performance, Orange

25. Physique, Natural Banana

26. Glucose Regulation Complex

27. Joint Health Complex

28. Liver DTX Complex

29. Saw Palmetto Complex

30. Heart Health Solutions

31. Cholesterol Regulation Complex

32. CoQHeart-CoEnzyme Q10, Resveratrol and more

33. OmegaGuard

34. Garlic Complex

35. Vita Lea Ocean Wonders-Chewable multivitamin for kids

36. Vita-Lea Infant Mix-powder for infants and toddlers

37. EZ-Gest, Plant derived digestive enzymes

38. Shaklee Fiber Plan Tablets

39. Optiflora Probiotic Complex

40. Optiflora Prebiotic Complex

41. Optiflora Prebiotic & Probiotic System

42. Stomach Soothing Complex

43. Defend & Resist Complex

44. NutriFeron-boost InterFeron naturally

45. Immunity Formula I

46. CorEnergy-Cordyceps, Panax Ginseng, and Green Tea

47. Gentle Sleep Complex

48. Memory Optimizer

49. Mental Acuity Plus

50. Stress Relief Complex

51. Joint and Muscle Pain Relief Solutions

52. Pain Relief Complex

53. Joint & Muscle Pain Cream

54. Woman’s Health Solutions Supplements

55. Women’s Health Solutions (Menopausal)

56. GLA Complex

57. Menopause Balance Complex

58. Cinch 3 in 1 Boost Supplement

59. Cinch Shakes

60. Cinch Tea

61. Cinch bars-All

62. Calming Complex-improves skins ability to retain moisture

63. Minerelles Foundations

64. Minerelles Powders

65. Minerelles Concealer

66. Minerelles Blush

67. Minerelles Eyeshadow

68. Minerelles Eye Pencil

69. Minerelles Lip Pencil

70. Antiperspirant Cream

71. Desert Wind Roll on

72. Uno Deoderant stick

73. Shaklee Essentials Natural Deoderant

74. Herbal Blend Multi-Purpose Cream

75. New Concept Dentifrice, spearmint

76. New Concept Dentifrice, Wintergreen

77. Small Wonder Creamy Baby Oil

78. Small Wonder Shampoo and Baby Bath

79. Tioga Men’s Skin Conditioner

80. All Home Care Cleaning Products EXCEPT the hand wash soap.

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of thier products and if they were any good and truely gluten-free.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

holiday16 Enthusiast

I grew up with my mom selling this so I'm very familiar with it plus I recently started doing the business as well. They do their best to be accurate and I'm not sure if you were sent the gluten statement, but they do say that they don't test for gluten so cannot guarantee gluten free, but will give you a list based on ingredients. Having said that I have had issues with some of the proteins that are supposed to be o.k., but I'm very sensitive. I know others that take it just fine so either I'm very sensitive or have just had bad luck :o) If you want to know anything about any of the products regarding gluten I could probably answer it for you.

The cleaning products are really great. I've been using them as long as I can remember and I've never really used anything else so I have to base the comparison on what other people tell me and it gets very positive responses especially the H. People that use it are just amazed. If you are planning to order they have an amazing special on right now, but it ends on the 30th. You can get the kit featured on the Oprah favorites show for $89.60 plus shipping and tax and then that also qualifies you for a free membership (normally $19.95) which gets you 15% off orders for the next year. The $89.60 kit will not qualify for 15% because it's basically at cost with this special. Just wanted to make sure to pass that on since it would be a shame to miss the deal if you're planning to buy anyway. Also, one thing that is not in the kit is the liquid Germicide which I would highly suggest adding. It's a wonderful very effective germ killer.

Hope this helped and feel welcome to ask about any of the products and gluten. I use quite a few things so hopefully I can answer as far as reactions.

holiday16 Enthusiast

Hey, I just noticed in your profile you have a child with a heart defect. My son was born with HLHS. How is your daughter doing and if it's o.k. to ask what does she have? My son is 10 now and is doing so much better than anyone ever expected including us!

Mom23boys Contributor

We are distributors too and love the stuff. We were introduced when our first son started having all kinds of issues (he is also the one that lead the way to this board).

I absolutely love the makeup. At first the foundation looks a little pricey but it lasts way longer then what I was buying at the store.

The cleaning products are good too.

I love the scrub paste. We use that on the oven and can even let the children use it.

I love the germicide. I used a lot of it this past weekend when the kids were sick.

jen2be2 Explorer

Holiday~ Thanks for the info. I was not sent the gluten statement. Thanks for letting me know about it.

I do have some questions for you. What products did you have some reactions to? My kids are on the more sensitive side and I would like to be as careful as I can be.

Serena was born with a narrow aorta and by the time she was 5 weeks old, her heart was the size of her chest and functioning at 18%. She had surgery to correct the problem and continued to suffer from heart failure for another 7 months. Her heart is still large for her age and she has a heart murmur, but she is doing very well. We have her next check up sometime in April. Serena is 7 1/2.

Glad to hear that your son is doing well.

mom23boys~( the first time I read your name I thought it ment that you had 23 boys not mom to 3 boys :D ) Thanks for your imput. I will really look into the germaside. Is it like a hand sanitizer or is it something you clean with?

Thanks again~

holiday16 Enthusiast
Holiday~ Thanks for the info. I was not sent the gluten statement. Thanks for letting me know about it.

I do have some questions for you. What products did you have some reactions to? My kids are on the more sensitive side and I would like to be as careful as I can be.

Serena was born with a narrow aorta and by the time she was 5 weeks old, her heart was the size of her chest and functioning at 18%. She had surgery to correct the problem and continued to suffer from heart failure for another 7 months. Her heart is still large for her age and she has a heart murmur, but she is doing very well. We have her next check up sometime in April. Serena is 7 1/2.

Glad to hear that your son is doing well.

mom23boys~( the first time I read your name I thought it ment that you had 23 boys not mom to 3 boys :D ) Thanks for your imput. I will really look into the germaside. Is it like a hand sanitizer or is it something you clean with?

Thanks again~

For me it's mostly the protein powders. I would get some cans that would be fine and then hit one that after about a week there would be a reaction. I think it contains a very small amount, but when it is something you take every day it builds up if that makes sense. My dd was taking it as well and also reacted after a few days so there was no doubt. Stopped the protein and we both got better. My theory is that there probably is a very small amount of cross contamination in the fields, harvesting or whatever. I don't react to soy in other things and only to the protein if I take it every day. We discussed this with someone in S. that used to farm and his response was with the way farming is done how could there not be cross contamination. I also mentioned this to someone that works at S. and they suggested that if I did not have an issue with dairy to try the new whey protein as it contains no grains. I just had some today and so far so good. I have not tried the mealshake since going gluten free so no experience with that one.

The supplements that I can list offhand that I've done fine with are the Multi Vitamin, C, B, all calciums, coq10, EPA, GLA, Mental Acuity, Lecithin, Vitalizer, Nutriferon stress relief and my gluten free dd takes the childrens multi, chew. C, garlic, Defend and Resist stress relief (works great for her with gluten reactions as far as crying etc.) with no problems. I've never had a reaction to any supplement besides the protein drinks I mentioend above. I also take the Performance which I use often in the summer. Just to pass on it really helps my son with his heart condition to handle the heat in the summer. He plays baseball and for some reason without this he just can't do it. He has tried Gatorade and he does not do well with it. Not sure why, but it's a huge help for him.

As far as cleaners I've never reacted to any of them. I don't use the dishwasher so don't use that soap, but with the dishwashing liquid we've never had any problem at all which is important since my dd does the dishes and I know she doesn't rinse as well as she should :o) I am one of those people that generally don't have problems with products unless they're ingested so as far as skin reactions I won't be much help. The nice thing is they do have an unconditional guarantee where for any reason you can return the remainder of the product and get a refund. I began to appreciate that more after going gluten free because there was an expensive rice protein I bought and reacted to and I'm just out quite a bit of money even though it was supposed to be gluten free. I do have a website that I just started building that has a bit of info. on it, but I'm not sure how much it would help you as it's certainly a work in progress, LOL. I do have some links to when the product was on Oprah if that's of interest. I'm working on a page of how to use the cleaners, but I'm not sure when it will be up. If you want the link you can e-mail me. You should be able to e-mail me through my profile.

I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing well. Has she regained full function? Part of our sons condition was a narrow aorta measuring 2 mm so that was repaired as well. It sounds like your dd's was not caught right away is that true? We didn't find out about our sons until he was born and about 12 hours old they found a heart murmur and upon testing found the HLHS. Huge shock for us, but thankfully everything turned out well. We were stationed in VA at the time so we were flown to Cleveland Clinic where he had surgery when he was 6 days old so that was a very overwhelming first week!

• 2 weeks later...
holiday16 Enthusiast

Jen,

Not sure if you've checked this, but just in case I wanted to add since I forgot to mention it that I also do well with the Cinch bars. I use them when we go places where we can't eat or if I'll be out somewhere. Keeps me from getting a blood sugar crash and they're great for the kids. We've eaten so many in the past year it's ridiculous. I keep them in the car for emergencies and also have one in my daughters backpack in case something happens to her food at school. It has happened in the past where kids accidentally contaminate her lunch and then she just goes hungry so this is a wonderful backup.

Also, the cleaners were on Oprah's Favorites which is re-airing on wed. so the special offer I mentioned before was extended which is nice.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived