This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Reply From Arby's

carriekate

carriekate Rookie

I thought I'd share the reply from an Arby's representative when I noticed their "cheesecake poppers were on the gluten-free list and questioned this. Celiacs always have to be alert!

Dear Julie:

Your questions registered by way of the Arby's Guest Feedback system were forwarded to me, Charles Papa, Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs Compliance Officer for Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. Thank you for your interest in Arby's, and especially for considering our menu in such detail.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

Kudos to YOU for taking the steps to do this, and kudos to Arby's for such a thorough reply and plan to correct their mistakes.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Aw, that's a great reply.

kevsmom Contributor

Arby's website (www.arbys.com) shows that the roast beef minus the bun is gluten free.

When I went into Arby's to get some roast beef, I noticed that the staff were wearing gloves, but they did not change them between orders. This told me that the same gloves that had just dipped the gloved hand into the pan of roast beef (No, they did not use tongs) and made a sandwich on a roll, turned around to dip that same hand into the cross contaminated roast beef :o:angry:. Needless to say, I asked for my money back and left.

I don't know if all Arby's have this practice, or just the one near me.

Cindy

2kids4me Contributor

That is the best reply I have seen from a company - thanking you for seeing their mistake, a promise to correct it, in addition to acknowledging that the customer should not have to find the errors...wow...and it seems that reading thier reply indicates they are acutely aware of the sensitivity of celiacs to cross contamination!

Sandy

pugluver31902 Explorer
Arby's website (www.arbys.com) shows that the roast beef minus the bun is gluten free.

When I went into Arby's to get some roast beef, I noticed that the staff were wearing gloves, but they did not change them between orders. This told me that the same gloves that had just dipped the gloved hand into the pan of roast beef (No, they did not use tongs) and made a sandwich on a roll, turned around to dip that same hand into the cross contaminated roast beef :o:angry:. Needless to say, I asked for my money back and left.

I don't know if all Arby's have this practice, or just the one near me.

Cindy

I couldn't find anything on the menu except some sauces and a sausage patty. Could you show me where you found roast beef? Im just wondering if Im looking at the wrong part of the menu....lol

kevsmom Contributor
I couldn't find anything on the menu except some sauces and a sausage patty. Could you show me where you found roast beef? Im just wondering if Im looking at the wrong part of the menu....lol

I went to Open Original Shared Link

Clicked on Nutrition

Clicked Allergens

Clicked Printable Food Allergens

Cindy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 1 month later...
Avarismama Apprentice
I thought I'd share the reply from an Arby's representative when I noticed their "cheesecake poppers were on the gluten-free list and questioned this. Celiacs always have to be alert!

Dear Julie:

Your questions registered by way of the Arby's Guest Feedback system were forwarded to me, Charles Papa, Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs Compliance Officer for Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. Thank you for your interest in Arby's, and especially for considering our menu in such detail.

home-based-mom Contributor

Only 3 dipping sauces are listed as gluten free. Moreover, this statement alone makes me think that we should all cross Arby's off our lists indefinitely.

"All of our foods are prepared in a common kitchen, and all of our fried foods are prepared in a common oil."

:o

• 1 year later...
samcarter Contributor

I found myself at an Arby's today; my in laws were visiting and we went out for lunch. It's their favorite fast food place, and we'd never eaten there.

I was able to get a salad, which had no croutons on it to start, and it was pre-packaged. I checked their allergen menu that was available, and saw that the potato cakes claimed to be wheat free, but I'm glad I didn't get on, based on their lack of dedicated fryers.

I'm feeling a little loopy today, but that could be because I snuck a few bites of roast beef out of my kids' sandwiches. I should know better *doh* Or it could be the giant Dr Pepper; I'm not used to high fructose corn syrup anymore. We ate a lot of sugar this weekend!

lizard00 Enthusiast
I found myself at an Arby's today; my in laws were visiting and we went out for lunch. It's their favorite fast food place, and we'd never eaten there.

I was able to get a salad, which had no croutons on it to start, and it was pre-packaged. I checked their allergen menu that was available, and saw that the potato cakes claimed to be wheat free, but I'm glad I didn't get on, based on their lack of dedicated fryers.

I'm feeling a little loopy today, but that could be because I snuck a few bites of roast beef out of my kids' sandwiches. I should know better *doh* Or it could be the giant Dr Pepper; I'm not used to high fructose corn syrup anymore. We ate a lot of sugar this weekend!

I got dragged into Arby's a couple of weeks ago and about the only thing I could eat was a salad. Probably the same one as you... but it was prepackaged so it really didn't freak me out too bad. I get the feeling that pretty much everything has gluten in it, whether directly or indirectly, so it's really not on the list of places to choose. Thank goodness for the prepackaged salad though!

Archived