• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Mail Order Cheesecakes Gf

3 posts in this topic

LisaP    0

Sayitwithcheese.com

I have not actually ordered from here, but I emailed them thinking I was going to get a response of NO, but they say many of their cheesecakes are gluten-free. I had specifically asked about the sugarfree ones...since I am now trying to go down on the scale instead of up! The customer service was very good. Just make sure you are considering the cakes without a crust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They said:

"Many of our cheesecakes are gluten free. Most of our 8 slice ones are, except for the turtle and chocolate caramel kiss. All of the no sugar

added are gluten free. We use the term ' traditional no crust', but it's the same thing."

If you are trying to gain some weight, I bet one cheesecake would do it.....or if you just don't want to bake this holiday season.....or you could have it shipped to where you are going to visit for the holidays and know that there will be a gluten-free dessert for you.

If you order one, let us know how it turns out

www.sayitwithcheescake.com

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

LisaP    0

:o Opps. The customer service rep forgot the last part of their email address in his signature, so I gave you incomplete info.

Website for gluten-free cheesecakes (see previous post) www.sayitwithcheesecake.com

He had left off the "cake" and I just copy and pasted. Sorry! This will get you to their site!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Junimoon

• Topics

•   Hello linzk8! I would suggest you to go with natural foods as you are allergic to latex. One of my friends had the same problem. She also had latex allergic. She used Indian nuts to lose weight purchased from the official site of Nuez Dela India and achieved a success. You can also check the same. Eating at the right time is also important. Avoid eating very late at night. It's fine to eat in between meals, but limit your proportions. Never starve yourself! Hope this could help you!
    • My family visited Peru (my 13 year old has celiac) last Christmas, and we found Peru rather gluten free friendly. Peru is the land of corn and potatoes, and they have lots of grill meats.   Their cooking ingredients tend to be naturally gluten-free.   We did the 4 day Inca trail hike to Machu Picchu, and our chef did a great job making gluten-free meals for my daughter.  
    • Most physicians follow the joint commission’s guidelines on prescribing HTN medications which usually begin with a diuretic and calcium channel blocker (the amlodipine) - see below. Is it possible that your bp was still not controlled on the CCB (amlodipine)? So the ARB was added? Again, I’d just like to say that just bc a drug does have certain adverse effects does not mean you will have them, but I understand if you would not even want to take the chance, given a previous history of celiac disease. http://www.aafp.org/afp/2014/1001/p503.html “In the general nonblack population, including those with diabetes, initial anti-hypertensive treatment should include a thiazide diuretic, calcium channel blocker, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, or angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). In the general black population, including those with diabetes, initial treatment should include a thiazide diuretic or calcium channel blocker. If the target blood pressure is not reached within one month after initiating therapy, the dosage of the initial medication should be increased or a second medication should be added (thiazide diuretic, calcium channel blocker, ACE inhibitor, or ARB; do not combine an ACE inhibitor with an ARB). Blood pressure should be monitored and the treatment regimen adjusted until the target blood pressure is reached. A third drug should be added if necessary; however, if the target blood pressure cannot be achieved using only the drug classes listed above, antihypertensive drugs from other classes can be used (e.g., beta blockers, aldosterone antagonists). Referral to a physician with expertise in treating hypertension may be necessary for patients who do not reach the target blood pressure using these strategies.” Drugs for BP in different classes work by different mechanisms. It may be worth it to print out those huge, long drug information sheets and go over them with a fine toothed comb. As for CoQ10, have you checked for coupons online? Can your doctor write you an Rx and get your insurance to pay? They might say it’s on OTC and you have to pay out of pocket, but it may be worth it to find a way around that - would a prior authorization do the trick? I don’t know, just bringing up the questions. In the report you cited, these concluding words were to me, chilling:
      “Therefore, we suggest the possibility of a class effect.” Losartan, olmeseartan - doesn’t matter. And I'll say it again, there must be a way to disseminate this information more widely as I had no idea about this adverse effect, and never heard any docs speaking about it either. It really warrants wider sharing. Finally, one person who is often an overlooked resource is your pharmacist. They have just tons of knowledge and should be able to talk to you in some depth if asked, in an articulate, easy to understand way. They may even be able to do some digging and research for you. Plumbago
    • Plumbago et al, Thanks for letting me know  about the "artan" drugs being ARBs. I think Cyclinglady was right the Losartan research is not free and thus not public. I saw the link with no abstract but wanted to read it to confirm as you noted in your ETA that it was another "Artan" drug Losartan causing the problem. I believe it is. I found a great (after more digging) review of all the "artans"/ARBs or most of them about whether they can contribute to sprue symptom's in addition to Benicar. here on wiley as studied by the alimentary pharmacology and therapeutic journal (AP&T) for short. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/apt.14176/full I wish I knew how to post the able alone it is very informative.  Please scroll over the table to the end of it since it even tells how long to expect before your sprue symptom's/conditions improve IF the "artan" drug is causing your symptom's which I find the most helpful thing about the table.  They also note histological feature (degree of villi blunting) to expect on biopsy. They note Losartan can cause "total atrophy of duodenal villi" by their reporting. I also recently had an issue with my potassium levels so I feel sure it is the Losartan. I remember reading a study about how losartan was better at the "chronic cough" I had developed using Lisinopril so I changed to Losartan a few years ago . . . now I find I could of been making my GI symptom's worse. But to answer  your other question since I began taking Folic Acid a few months ago my BP numbers went down to a healthy level of 120/80 or less sometimes . . . but with medicine. I had already been thinking I wanted to try get off the BP medicine (for good) so this is more motivation. C0q10 worked well but it is too expensive for me to take all the time! I called my doctor to have them put me back on Amlodipine/Norvasc and I can't remember why I changed off that medicine to begin with now.  I do remember needing two medicine's back then to control my BP so maybe we stopped the Norvasc instead of the Linsinopril. But now that they have put me back on Norvasc I hope my potassium levels will correct themselves. I just don't feel safe anymore taking Losartan after learning it could be making my GI symptom's worse or causing the to be unreliable. I first thought my touch of D. was from an antibiotic round but when kefir didn't get me back on track I suspected something else when my Vitamin D levels showed up low too again! Thanks everybody for ya'lls great suggestions and good research on my behalf. I also recommend this verywell article if you are still having GI problems and you suspect an "artan" like ARBs BP medicine and looking for a medicine that might have less severe  or more manageable symptom's for your lifestyle because it comprehensively list's the medicine's by drug types. https://www.verywell.com/hypertension-drugs-1745989 no medicine is without a side effect as (I) am learning but I never thought sprue would be one for my BP medicine and why I prefer Vitamins when I can find out which one too take. Now that I have the Norvasc approved as a replacement for the Losartan I might see if my BP goes up again if I stop my medicine all together as I was hoping the Folic Acid might help me with it (without medicine) and it explains why I was low in Folic Acid to begin with again. posterboy,    
    •   Ironic, We went entirely gluten-free in our home after 2016 for how bad my neurological , joints, mood gets now in addition to my former gi, skin, and other issues . My son shows signs of my early symptoms and voluntarily went off gluten, corn, and milk like me as he did his own food like diary symptom tracking. My daughter continues on gluten outside the home. We warn her of our concern for at times in toddler hood she was constipated and would bloat.  We asked their Dr to test them as I was undergoing my testing and she said no until I had my diagnosis. As we know these things take time and my son went gluten-free . He said after watching mom on my gluten challenge that he will not go back on it .  We await technology further research and we silently watch our soon to be teen girl for we know even if tested negative it can show up one day.  She says I know mom I know. The more Whole Foods here in the home we notice she actually craves gluten / processed foods less and is slowly transitioning as well.  Does your child also naturally eat less gluten and processed as well away from home? I wonder if the taste buds / craving change as the parents diet changes food options.  Thoughts?
  • Upcoming Events