This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anybody Else

flourgirl

flourgirl Apprentice

Just wondering.....have had lots of trouble with very low blood pressure. Had to do the heart monitor thing because of irregular heartbeat. It was decided that the bouts of tachycardia were nothing to be concerned over, same with the early beats. I'm so tired of being so tired, and so cold all of the time. Is this a normal thing with Celiac, or should I keep looking for "other" answers? Thanks for all the help.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MNBeth Explorer

I don't know, but my own flippety floppety heart is driving me bonkers. I went off my thyroid meds because too high a dose has caused this in the past, and I wondered if my newly gluten-free body still needed it.

Going off it has helped some, but all the pre-thyroid-med fatigue has gradually come back, and the heart thing hasn't stopped completely, anyway. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks with the alt.med.dr. who prescribed the thyroid stuff in the first place, so we'll see what he says. It will be my first appt. w/him since I did the Enterolab test. He's never heard of Enterolab, so it could be interesting.

missy'smom Collaborator

I have low blood pressure and have a life long history of fainting. When I pass out my blood pressure goes very low and takes a long time to come back up. The doctors where I live now are the first in my whole life to monitor and document it. I wore the halter monitor 10 yeas ago and it showed an occasional irregular beat but the doctor dismissed it. The doctor I saw most recently and who's office I passed out in said that no way was it sufficient to have just had the halter monitor and recommeneded a work up but a cardiologist and a neurologist.

I also have a history of being low in energy and cold. All these thing are not necessarily connected to celiac disease for me. As far as I know I've only had celiac disease for 9 years but have had the others all my life. I'm very small and fair skinned and doctors my whole life have asked if I'm anemic but I don't know if they've tested. It's on my to do list.

Fatigue with celiac disease can be caused by deficencies as well as adrenal fatigue. My sister has been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and has improved greatly with treatment. When we compare notes I can see that I probably had problems with this as well but it has improved enough in the year+ that I've been gluten-free.

oceangirl Collaborator

Flourgirl,

Hi. I have had low blood pressure and VERY slow heartrate( halter monitor recorded me at 33 beats per minute during one phase of slee- average is 56 BPM) and just got a work-up by cardiologist (again- had it 15 years ago) because a Naturopath I'm seeing to help me with celiac (I'm 2 years gluten-free.) got worried about my irregular heartbeat along with low everything. I am a runner and have been for 30 years now. (2 miles a day) I also dance. I wouldn't say I'm low energy but I am cold a lot. The cardiologist feels the low rate is from being in good shape from running and said the arrythmia is benign. If you have been checked I wouldn't worry about it; it's probably just "you".

I have fainted every single time I've thrown up since I was a little girl- it's terrifying! I'm terrified of stomach "bugs" for that very reason. It was just explained to me it's because of low blood pressure and the vagus nerve. Still scary though. I hope you don't faint very often.

Feel better.

lisa

YoloGx Rookie
Flourgirl,

Hi. I have had low blood pressure and VERY slow heartrate( halter monitor recorded me at 33 beats per minute during one phase of slee- average is 56 BPM) and just got a work-up by cardiologist (again- had it 15 years ago) because a Naturopath I'm seeing to help me with celiac (I'm 2 years gluten-free.) got worried about my irregular heartbeat along with low everything. I am a runner and have been for 30 years now. (2 miles a day) I also dance. I wouldn't say I'm low energy but I am cold a lot. The cardiologist feels the low rate is from being in good shape from running and said the arrythmia is benign. If you have been checked I wouldn't worry about it; it's probably just "you".

I have fainted every single time I've thrown up since I was a little girl- it's terrifying! I'm terrified of stomach "bugs" for that very reason. It was just explained to me it's because of low blood pressure and the vagus nerve. Still scary though. I hope you don't faint very often.

Feel better.

lisa

Hi, not to beat a dead horse, however I have had this very problem most of my life. Finally I got the worst aspects to go away--namely the tachcardia and fainting. I haven't had my BP check recently but it feels better. I can now use a sauna and jacuzzi without fainting, a first for me since forever.

So what is my magic secret? Country LIfe Co-enzyme B vitamins. Check them out. They really mighth elp you too. The co-enzyme part makes it so the B's don't have to be digested through the liver. Instead they go straight into the blood stream. I can't absorb regular B vitamains and with celiac the state of the villi make it almost impossible to make my own. Beleive me these co-enzyme B's have changed my life. I can now exercise and feel years younger. I also am more resistant to colds and flus as long as I don't get glutened.

Just thought I should let you know!

YoloGx Rookie
Hi, not to beat a dead horse, however I have had this very problem most of my life. Finally I got the worst aspects to go away--namely the tachcardia and fainting. I haven't had my BP check recently but it feels better. I can now use a sauna and jacuzzi without fainting, a first for me since forever.

So what is my magic secret? Country LIfe Co-enzyme B vitamins. Check them out. They really mighth elp you too. The co-enzyme part makes it so the B's don't have to be digested through the liver. Instead they go straight into the blood stream. I can't absorb regular B vitamains and with celiac the state of the villi make it almost impossible to make my own. Beleive me these co-enzyme B's have changed my life. I can now exercise and feel years younger. I also am more resistant to colds and flus as long as I don't get glutened.

Just thought I should let you know!

PS--you need to take them away from food for the best result. I take them late at night and first thing in the morning. Others here on the board have also found them helpful too against various skin and nerve conditions. Please let me know if it helps you.

gluten15 Apprentice

Is the Country LIfe Co-enzyme B vitamins better than Jarrow Formulas, B-Right?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived