• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Irish Soda Bread

4 posts in this topic

Anyone have a good recipe for true Irish Soda Bread?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I don't have a recipe but just wanted to mention the last couple of years for St Patrick's Day I have used Gluten Free Pantry's Scone & Irish Soda Bread Mix.

I think they have since changed their packaging and it's just labeled Scone Mix, but I think on the side of the box they still have the recipe for making the Irish Soda Bread option.

I don't have a recipe but just wanted to mention the last couple of years for St Patrick's Day I have used Gluten Free Pantry's Scone & Irish Soda Bread Mix.

I think they have since changed their packaging and it's just labeled Scone Mix, but I think on the side of the box they still have the recipe for making the Irish Soda Bread option.

Gluten Free Girl has a recipe on her index on her website. She's pregnant, by the way!

Anyone have a good recipe for true Irish Soda Bread?

Hi gfgypsyqueen,

Maybe you would like to try my recipe for gluten-free Brown Soda Bread,

the advisory is for compliance with Coeliac Society requirements.

(In Ireland the mentioned items don't meet the stringent testing criteria required by the Society)

gluten-free Irish Brown Soda Bread (with photo)

This and all my recipes are on my Web Space (access via profile)

Good Luck with the Soda Bread

Have a happy 'St. Patrick's Day'.

where everyone gets to be Irish for the day.

Best Regards,

David

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BFerris

• Topics

• Dang, Ennis.  You rock!  Ironic and I must be near brain dead.  Did I mention that school is out today!!!!!!  I feel so sleep deprived!  S U M M E R! 
    • Wow you have ALOT going on! Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues. Are you super duper strict with avoiding gluten or do you think you are still getting cross contamination? I will check out that portion of the forum- THANKS a bunch for that. It is all a bit overwhelming. I saw some people post that they saw "dramatic improvement!" within 2 weeks and I'm going rreeeaaalllly? *insert sarcasm.. haha. I know I wont get that lucky. I take metformin and armour and victoza. Type 2 diabetes runs in my family too. My glucose levels were never really high and I never got the official type 2 diagnosis but ive dropped all excess weight on these meds. I hope to wean soon. Did you fix the leaky gut? That is a daunting task isn't it!    
    • I contemplated "heel strike" but nah.....it was celiac disease/malabsorption.  I am still running and my ferritin is nice and normal now.    It resolved within three or four months of a gluten-free diet and some iron.  I also ran a 1/2 marathon despite it being a 2 (pre-diagnosis) and a few century rides.   I think you might need to worry if your hemoglobin dramatically drops.  My docs were always asking if I wanted a blood transfusion.  Amazing how the body adapts.  My Thalassemia tends to keep my hemoglobin just below range.  The drops in ferritin caused it to plummet.  Had a hard time catching my breath!    I probably asked this, but has Crohn's been ruled out?  My niece went to 4 different GI's.  celiac disease was ruled out, but a pill camera revealed Crohn's damage at the end of her small intestine finally.    
    • Err... don't know what happened to this thread in my absence, but thought I'd add some input that might be helpful. I'd been having some weird low-level CC issues for the last few weeks and couldn't figure out what it was - I eat very conservatively (only eat certified products or fresh meat/produce/dairy) and it was driving me crazy! I saw this thread and thought about it a bit and realized that things seemed to have gotten worse around the time of my last coffee ground purchase, where I'd bought a different brand than I'd been using previously. Anyways, I switched to a fancier brand and things cleared up immediately. If anyone should come across this, the brand apparently causing issue for me was President's Choice. This is a store brand for the Loblaws chain in Canada, so probably not worth worrying about for most. I've not yet had time to contact them about this, but this brand does also offer a number of flavoured coffee grounds (used to buy these pre-gluten-free), so there is some CC potential there assuming they process these products on the same line. I guess I will be sticking with whole bean coffee or smaller/snobbier brands that don't do flavoured stuff for the foreseeable future.
    • While informative.....you just responded to a post from 10 years ago.....
  • Upcoming Events