• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

E Mail From Bayer Reguarding Aleve

8 posts in this topic

Dear Consumer:

Thank you for contacting Bayer HealthCare regarding Aleve Liquid Gels. We appreciate your interest in our product.

We do not add any gluten to our products. However, we cannot guarantee that our products are 100% gluten-free as this product is produced in a facility that manufactures and/or packages other items which may contain gluten.

Comments such as your own help us meet the growing needs of our consumers. I certainly will share them with our Regulatory, Medical and Marketing departments for consideration.

Sincerely,

Frank Belinc

Consumer Advisor

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I do not believe I have ever used the gel caps, but I use the caplets all the time and I know for a fact, they are gluten free. Aleve is wonderful, I do only use it for 2 or 3 weeks at a time, 2 times a day, then I take a break from it. I also use Advil, Tylenol, Excedrin Migraine, Excedrin Tension (I just found I can't use this anymore because I break out from the red dye, but it is gluten free), and I have Equate Ibuprofen. Yes, I have many, I suffer major headaches, along with neuropathy. I do not take as much painkillers anymore now that I am taking Topamax, but I do still have them on hand.

I called Tylenol and they sent me a list of products with gluten-free ingredients, but they wouldn't guarantee anything either.

In practical terms, it seems that nobody will guarantee gluten-free for anything anymore. There have been too many lawsuits, so prudent legal advice is to say things like "we don't add any gluten [on purpose]" while denying any responsibility for any inadvertent contamination which may occur. Most manufacturers obtain at least some ingredients from third parties, and they don't want to assume responsibility for an error made by their supplier.

So, get used to hearing "we don't guarantee" anything.

My wife eats a few gluten-containing products, and stores them in the kitchen. We take precautions, but our kitchen is a "shared facility" and our utensils are "shared equipment." This is also true of just about every restaurant, no matter how celiac-aware they are. They have one kitchen, and one pool of utensils. They wash them, but it is a shared facility with shared equipment.

yep, standard CYA statement. one that I will not let stop me from using aleve. as always, we have to make our own decisions, of course.

Ads by Google:

Me too. As I stated above, I use Aleve. I have been taking it for the last week with no ill side effects, although, I have never taken the gel cap. I have neuropathy and sometimes need to take something for pain, I can't be afraid to take something for relief. I have always used Tylenol too. I have Tylenol for Arthritis in my cabinet now and use it often. As has been stated, many of these companies used to state they were gluten free, but now are saying

"we don't add any gluten [on purpose]" while denying any responsibility for any inadvertent contamination which may occur.
just as a CYA statement. For us, it's a judgment call. I used the product before and was fine, so I continue to use it and keep my fingers crossed.

Me too. As I stated above, I use Aleve. I have been taking it for the last week with no ill side effects, although, I have never taken the gel cap. I have neuropathy and sometimes need to take something for pain, I can't be afraid to take something for relief. I have always used Tylenol too. I have Tylenol for Arthritis in my cabinet now and use it often. As has been stated, many of these companies used to state they were gluten free, but now are saying

"we don't add any gluten [on purpose]" while denying any responsibility for any inadvertent contamination which may occur.
just as a CYA statement. For us, it's a judgment call. I used the product before and was fine, so I continue to use it and keep my fingers crossed.

Thats almost word for word what I got when I called aleve to ask them before purchasing it on the advice of my doctor for another issue....

My guess is they have a book and tab thru it looking for the word "gluten" then read it off the paper, its also what they send out in the emails, lol

Gotta love lawyers :angry: