• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Where To Eat gluten-free In Sedona Az.

8 posts in this topic

gfmeyers    0

Im heading out to Sedona AZ in few weeks. What resturants are gluten-free friendly. ;) I found the Picazzos pizza place but anything more? Thanks so much, Wendy

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

tom    75

Ah you already know Picazzo's :)

I've heard of at least 2 other gluten-free-friendly places - last year I ended 2 yrs of living in Phx.

But I can't recall them at all. :(

I'm quite sure I heard of them thru the Phx (or AZ) Celiac group on Yahoo, but can't find the link. Should be easy to find. (I'd do it for you if not browsing on a phone)

Here's one from http://www.phoenixceliac.com/PhoenixCeliac_Restaurants.html

Heartline Cafe, 1610W. Highway 89A, Sedona (928) 282-0785 , Very gluten-free Friendly. - 10/07

http://www.heartlinecafe.com/

Should be a GREAT trip!!! :)

annacsmom    0

If you happen to be coming up to Flagstaff (it's only about 30 minutes away), we have a few chain restaurants such as Outback and Chili's with gluten-free menus. Also, there is a Picazzo's in Flagstaff as well. There is a good health food store in both Sedona and Flagstaff called New Frontiers, where you can pick up some gluten-free food for snacks, etc. The one in Sedona is much bigger and nicer.

Hope this helps.

gfmeyers    0
If you happen to be coming up to Flagstaff (it's only about 30 minutes away), we have a few chain restaurants such as Outback and Chili's with gluten-free menus. Also, there is a Picazzo's in Flagstaff as well. There is a good health food store in both Sedona and Flagstaff called New Frontiers, where you can pick up some gluten-free food for snacks, etc. The one in Sedona is much bigger and nicer.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! Yes we eat at CHilis all the time out here. 2 mins from the house! My daughtter works at Outback! ALthough we have eaten there few times He did get sick once. My daughter says they are not at all carfeul in the back with your food! Thanks I will look for others too out there.

cpag53    0

9/17/09 Just left picasso's in Sedona AZ and I would not recommend them to anyone. I was so excited to have a gluten free pizza eating out. Gave our order and after 1 1/2 hrs wait, without ANYONE checking on us or adding drinks... we finally asked and the waiter sheepishly said he "forgot" to enter our order. This was at 3:30pm and they were not busy. I was most upset that the waiter never checked back with us at all, no one else checked in a slow restaurant you would think we would stand out. The manager did offer a gift card which I chose to decline. I will never recommend this place to anyone. I felt as if we were not as important as other customers in that place. It is bad enough we have limited choices in restaurants without feeling invisible or humiliated in waiting for nothing.

For those that have positive experiences, please let these folks know how important their service to us is, particularly in this electronic age! I have never been one to bad mouth places, but this was the most awful experience with a restaurant ever, and I am 56 y.o. I have never sent food back, and am willing to forgive what I feel are small issues, but totally ignoring a customer after forgetting to enter their order is incredible. And the manager was just as bad, I never felt like he truly understood how important this was to me. It was sort of "Aw shucks, maam. I am sorry." Thanks for hearing my lunchtime disaster. :angry:

Ads by Google:

OliveGrove    0

So sorry you had this experience! I love Sedona. Can't think of a more beautiful place in the world. Hope to own a second home there someday. If you are still there, try New Frontiers health food store, they do have a sort of like small cafeteria there with very good food. They may have hot gluten free food. I was there before I found out my status, so I can not say for sure, but it's a good bet. I hope you have a safe journey home.

Susan

cpag53: Sorry you had a bad experience, but is one bad apple worth ruining a terrific gluten-free restaurant--one of the few that will serve delicious gluten-free pizza? Picazzo's has gone out of their way to design a gluten-free menu, and even have a separate part of the kitchen for gluten-free food.

I would have taken the free gift card and come back another time. And after 30 minutes, I'd be asking where my pizza was.

Ads by Google:

I was in Sedona just a couple of weeks ago. We went to Picazzo's and I get very ill. We were also there in the summer and went to Picazzo's. They brought me a salad with croutons - this after waiting a very long time to get my food. They did change it out and I did not get sick that time. I go to Picazzo's all the time in Scottsdale and have never had a bad experience. I will not go back to Picazzo's in Sedona. It's not worth the risk to me.

We also ate at Oaxaca - Mexican food. I thought it was pretty good and our server knew all about gluten free and told us that the chips were made in a dedicated fryer so not to worry about cross contamination. He actually used those words.

We also ate at Enchantment Resort. We called ahead to see if they could accommodate me. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. My husband order a flourless chocolate cake (it was my birthday) and all four of us were in heaven eating it.