This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pain In The Bottom Of My Feet- Owwww

Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker Contributor

This might be kind of random, but...

The past month or so I've been having hideous stabbing pain in the bottoms of my feet!!! It's right where the back of the arch meets the beginning of my heel, in both feet, but much worse in the right.

Does anybody know what the heck this is??? It's gotten so bad, it makes me walk funny. My right foot now hurts even when I'm off my feet! :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

I had a problem quite similar to that for a while, and it was so bad that I would have ended up not being able to walk at all.

When I got custom orthotics it really helped. My feet aren't 100% better, but most of the time about 90%.

You may want to see an orthopedic surgeon, or a chiropractor (mine does custom orthotics) to have it checked out.

Lisa Mentor

Sarah,

When I was at my sickest with Celiac, I lost a great deal of weight. Much of the cushion I had on my arse and the cushion I had on the bottom of my feet was gone. I have gained my weight back, but my feet still have no padding, so in the evenings my feet hurt and it can be painful and my legs ache.

I don't know if this is your situation, but as Ursa said, it might be good to talk to someone. It also might be strain on your foot legiments.

Hope you resolve it soon.

lizard00 Enthusiast

Could it be plantar fasciatis? It is EXTREMELY common. I see a lot of different women where I work and I would venture to say that over half of them have plantar fasciatis. My mom has it too. You need to invest in a good pair of tennis shoes and some orthotics. And avoid any sort of direct impact to the arch/bottom of your foot, ie marching type movements.

MELINE Enthusiast

Actually I do have exactly the same problem, and fo me too it started from my right foot......First time I had that, was the day after I had a big amount of gluten by accident. And it started together with a funny feeling o tingling on my toes. The tingling stopped but the pain didn't. It just got better. I am visiting my doctor again in 15 days so if I have any news about that, I will let you know. But the whole situation makes me think it is from gluten. It feels like that part of me foot is extremely sensitive to pressure. The pain is there only when I am walking or I am standing, not when I am sitting.

It is annoying....

Meline

RiceGuy Collaborator

I had similar pains, but got much worse. Once I started with B12 and magnesium, it resolved completely in a matter of weeks. Both are essential for muscle and nerve function, so it makes sense. Just make sure the B12 is a methylcobalamin sublingual. I do think the magnesium was the more important thing in my case, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the other way around for someone else.

Anyway, I hope that helps!

celiac-mommy Collaborator
Could it be plantar fasciatis?

It sounds just like it! I suffered for years, saw an orthopedic surgeon and had special arch inserts made to put in my shoes and haven't had a problem since. I was at Target yesterday and they have an orthodic I've never seen before. It was about $20, and it had removable arch inserts you can customize for your feet. I've seen similar products offered on TV for a lot more $$ and the medical orthodics usually run in the hundred's of $$, so I bought these to try too. I'll let you know how they work.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived