This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Where To Find Gf Graham Cracker Crumbs?

gormlg1

gormlg1 Newbie

I used to buy graham cracker crumbs from Gluten Free Delights (I believe that was the name of it), and they have since closed their doors. I've been searching gluten-free websites trying to locate another place I can purchase them from but am having no luck.....has anyone been able to find them? can you tell me where you've seen them or where you've bought them from? Thanks SO much!!!!! :)

Gina

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cdford Contributor

I have not tried to purchase ready made "graham" crackers since going gluten-free (I have not had much success finding ready made cookies and crackers that either taste good or don't contain soy). Bette Hagman's cookbooks have some good recipes for crackers and cookies, including "graham" crackers. If you are adventurous, you might want to check out some of those recipes.

KellyR Apprentice

I find graham crackers at Outside The Breadbox. They have a website. the shipping is a little expensive but everything they have is fantastic.

Kelly

gormlg1 Newbie

Thanks for the info. !!! :)

brian26 Rookie

Gina,

I substitute almond flour for the graham cracker crumbs, and you can barely tell the difference if you bake the crust by itself until golden, then add the filling. It's easier to find that gluten-free graham cracker crumbs.

gormlg1 Newbie

I guess I should've been more clear as to what I was going to use it for. I'm not using it as a pie crust. I make this 'no bake peanut butter candy' and graham cracker crumbs are used in the recipe. It ends up tasting just like a reices peanut butter cup when you're done with it. so i guess i could buy the crackers and grind them up if i have to, since i cant locate anyplace that sells the actual crumbs.

Boojca Apprentice

Try the Gluten-Free Trading Company....they have an AMAZING selection of things.

Bridget

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sweetie101282 Apprentice

This Christmas we used gluten-free graham cracker crumbs from Celiac Specialties in our chocolate covered peanut butter balls - also very similar to a reese's cup. Delicious! Not cheap, but perhaps worth it if you place a bigger order to minimize the expense of shipping.

www.celiacspecialties.com

Amy

gf4life Enthusiast

I use the graham cracker crumbs from Kinnikinnick. I used them in the peanut butter recipe that you are talking about and they worked great. They taste very much like regular graham cracker crumbs, but the actual graham style cookies they sell are very fragile and don't look at all like the regular cookies my kids used to eat. I find it easier to just buy the bag of crumbs for recipes since only one of my three will eat the cookies. Open Original Shared Link

I would only be wise to order from them if there are other things at their site that you want to buy. The shipping is a flat rate of $10 and it would not be nice to order one bag of $3.50 crumbs and end up paying 3 times that much for shipping. I order about $100 worth of stuff from them a month, since they are our main bread/pizza crust/donut supplier. So it is worth it to me! :D

God bless,

Mariann

Archived