• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cchudacoff

• Topics

• YAY for chocolate!  I would be crushed to lose chocolate!!  I am only here for my daughter and we are too new to the game to add anything yet but I am worried that once we get her sorted I will be too nervous to re-introduce any previous foods!
    • Thankyou Ennis_TX. I think I am going to stop. I take care of an elderly woman. I can't work like this.
    • Figured I would start a positive post. List foods you had to initially cut that after a while of healing you could reintroduce. Me These Foods made me sick and I had a intolerance to now I still limit them but no longer have to worry about seeing them on a label. Red #40, Beets, Peas, Green Beans, Flax Seed, Tapioca, Soy, Casein, Strawberry, Sucralose/Spenda, Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Garlic, Paprika/Bell Pepper, Okra,  and thank god only for about a few months I had a issue with chocolate.  STILL have a whole list of no nos but these are no longer things I have to worry about laying me over a toilet for hours to turning me into Mr Hyde.
    • Last challenge I tried I said NO after the initial hit a few years back. YES it is very common to feel drugged on a gluten challenge for celiacs or people with NCGI. Your body is fighting the gluten with antibodies hardcore in the BG if your a celiac. Just like how it fights a disease or virus, flu like fatigue, and drugged state of completely out of it are common.  
    • Fatigue can be caused by many different things. Most common ones are a CC issue with gluten, a intolerance to a food or a allergy causing it, or a deficiency. Issue with deficiencies is we are all different, some of us have bodies that require a lot more then the recommended amount and less of others. I for one require 3x the dose of magnesium and 2x the dose of B vitamins, niacin, and iron to operate like a semi normal human. I go below these and I just want to laze around and sleep all day. I also find I have to stagger my doses throughout the day to maintain a even level and avoid slumps. Try supplementing and adjusting your doses on these to see how you feel, it took me months to get my regime down. You might also have a digestive issues where you body is bogging down with something either due to a enzyme issue or intolerance try taking a probiotic, digestive enzyme, and playing with your diet for a bit. Perhaps drop of the common culprits like dairy, grains, oats, etc and try a week without them, Perhaps try paleo with just fats and protein for a week, might be a carb issues, or might be a issue with meats. Who knows we are each different and you have to find what works for you. I wish you luck finding your path and building a regime for your better health.
  • Upcoming Events