• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Torani Syrups

6 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Yes, THanks! My dad keeps offering these to me as he's diabetic and LOVES The sugar free ones. I kept turning him down cause I wasn't sure what was in the flavorings. Now I guess I don't have an excuse haha ; D

awesome! thanks for sharing. i had wondered about their products before :)

I had a major reaction after having the Torani Rasp berry syrup.

I am fairly certain it's from the syrup since I didn't have any other unusual food.

The culprit may be one of the "natural flavors" in the ingredients, contamination with the pumpkin syrup at the factory (the pumpkin flavor clearly contains gluten as reported by others), or the "caramel color" (I suspect this product is made in Italy, where caramel color may contain gluten contrary to the US).

Stay away from that brand!

Others have mentioned that the Monin syrup is safe.

Ads by Google:

I had a major reaction after having the Torani Rasp berry syrup.

I am fairly certain it's from the syrup since I didn't have any other unusual food.

The culprit may be one of the "natural flavors" in the ingredients, contamination with the pumpkin syrup at the factory (the pumpkin flavor clearly contains gluten as reported by others), or the "caramel color" (I suspect this product is made in Italy, where caramel color may contain gluten contrary to the US).

Stay away from that brand!

Others have mentioned that the Monin syrup is safe.

Please note that the previous info on these products is 4 years old. Ingredients and manufacturing practices change over time. Don't go by 4 year old product info.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pidnit

• Topics

• If you hear an ice cream truck playing morbid music, grab your money and run!  They sell roasted sweet potatoes from a truck.  Live on those.   They are delicious. Eat them as you would eat a candy bar.  It's just sweet potato.  Maybe 300-500 yen for a big one.  They are sold by weight.  served hot and ready.  I have purchased enough for a few days at a time and eaten them cold after refrigeration and loved them as well.  300 Yen per potato so plan accordingly incase  you hear that truck.
    • I have been to amusement parks & stadiums that don't really have gluten-free except ice cream, chips, that sort of stuff.  And, when called or emailed in advance, I am given a note to bring my own food.& eat outside with my family.  But that is different than a restaurant that is not allowed to have outside food in. From what I have seen, this family didn't handle the whole situation well.  If they had brought a small discrete lunch in, waited until the others had their food, then pull it out and not made a big fuss, they probably would have been fine.  I have also been told that this tavern does do a safe gluten-free meal.... 
    • So sorry it is difficult.  There is soy sauce (made with wheat) and fish flavoring in everything!   I too have neurological damage from 40 years of gluten.  I can feel your pain.  Do you want me to look for a base contact for you?   I still have a connection at my Okinawa church which is near Camp Foster.
    • I find it amusing I brought this up to point out that discrimination is not something that should happen to those of us with this disease and if handled well we can compromise by bringing our own food where allowed and calling and contacting places prior to going explaining and setting things up. In this way we do not end up feeling out of place and can try to live a more normal life with social interactions and gatherings if all is handled well. I am unsure if this goal was met or blown out of the water . One point I think this applies also and has for me so far it seems, is theme parks. Places like Six Flags where your stuck in their grounds, and they can not guarantee food safety. I found that with my celiac diagnoses I can talk to them and be allowed to bring my own food into the park. This not only allows me to head out and eat but also saves me a ton of money >.< as expensive as gluten-free food is theme park food is like another 3x that. They just put a medical sticker on my cooler and I store it in a locker in the park and go back to it for snacks and food. Odd thing from years past.....I have a life time member ship to Six Flags, But I can not go unless someone else is with me for when I get anemic, or sick so I go once a year if even that (not gone this year or last year). My other option is to book a hotel near by or sleep in my car. (I get deathly tired at night and pass out around 9pm). There is also the lines I have to buy a flash pass to skip the lines, or I have panic attacks being unable to move for hours waiting for a ride.  
    • I lived in Okinawa for 4 years prior to diagnosis.  My son however tried to go gluten free during that time.  His school had no idea what I was trying to say and could do nothing for him.  Everyone eats school lunch. Period.  It was difficult.  If I went back I would eat the percooked hard boiled eggs from Lawson's or your nearest convenient store.  You may feel more comfortable rinsing them before eating them.  I would also eat the plain rice onigri.  If you know the contents of the mayo you could eat mayo/fish onigri. Stay away from the ones that use soy sauce.  Maybe look at tins of fish while you are there to see if they contain soy sauce. The other idea is to connect you with someone on a base.  They have great American grocery stores with lots of options and American doctors and hospital.  They deal with American insurance companies.  I looked into that for my father in law who came to visit while terminal.  He had postal insurance and was 100% covered in Okinawa on base.  Do you have military connections there?   Camp Foster or Kadena grocery stores are the big ones with the best selection.  The others may be too small for your needs.
  • Upcoming Events