This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

What's The Best Sublingual B12 And Which Magnesium Supplement

MyMississippi

MyMississippi Enthusiast

Hi,

I am going to start B12 Sublingual--- WHat's the BEST one to use ?

How much Magnesium supplement to take?? Which brand??

Thanks again ! ! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

A lot of people like Jarrow B12. I have used it for years, but am now switching to Pure Encapsulation liquid because I want to avoid the xylitol. I just figured out it gives me "D". Make sure you take this with a complete vitamin B complex or it can throw others off like Folic Acid.

You can take up to 1000 mg daily of magnesium. I like magnesium citrate, but others are also good. I like Solgar. You need to balance it with calcium though. Dont take alone. A ratio of 2:1 or 1:1 is good. And with the calcium you need vitamin D and Boron.

Supplements are about balance or you can create a new problem by fixing just a single nutrient.

hippiegirl2001 Newbie
Hi,

I am going to start B12 Sublingual--- WHat's the BEST one to use ?

How much Magnesium supplement to take?? Which brand??

Thanks again ! ! :)

I use Trader Joe's brand of sublingual B12. It is 1000 mcg, 100 tablets in the form of cyanocobalamin. They also have a B12/Folic Acid/B-6 sublingual blend tab. I tried Jarrow, as people say the other form of B12 is easier to digest and better overall, but I figured out the sugar alcohols were "plugging me up" for days. I also tried Freeda vitamins which also had the sugar alcohols. I also take Floradix Floravital Liquid Extract Formula, which has Iron, vit C, and several B's. I took Utrition liquid which had tons of B12 in it but there is controversy about one ingredient in it despite the "Gluten-Free" on the label.

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I use Country Life BioChem Superior B12--I get it from I-Herb.com. They say Jarrow is the best, I haven't it yet. Whichever one you try, always make sure it's gluten free. Mine has no yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, milk, salt, starch, perservatives, artificial color or sweeteners. It doesn't taske bad to boot!

• 1 year later...
twe0708 Community Regular

A lot of people like Jarrow B12. I have used it for years, but am now switching to Pure Encapsulation liquid because I want to avoid the xylitol. I just figured out it gives me "D". Make sure you take this with a complete vitamin B complex or it can throw others off like Folic Acid.

You can take up to 1000 mg daily of magnesium. I like magnesium citrate, but others are also good. I like Solgar. You need to balance it with calcium though. Dont take alone. A ratio of 2:1 or 1:1 is good. And with the calcium you need vitamin D and Boron.

Supplements are about balance or you can create a new problem by fixing just a single nutrient.

I just started taking Solgar B12. What is Boron and what does it do for you? What does the ratio mean? So you are saying take calcium and boron at the same time I take the Solgar?

• 2 weeks later...
AdLucem Rookie

1) B12 I use Jarrow; there is a huge difference between methylcobalamin & cyanocobalamin. The methylcobalamin alleviates my symptoms much better.

2) A B complex or multivitamin is great to help the B's stay in correct balance; I recommend Pure Encapsulations multi-vitamin.

3)I've always taken Natural Calm Magnesium; no complaints thus far Open Original Shared Link

Archived